PDA

View Full Version : MYM|ClouD: "I think the only clear favorite is IdrA, and maybe Dimaga"

Swain`
17-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Last week, the German powerhouse MeetYourMakers conducted an interview with one of their two latest additions namely Johan 'Naniwa' Lucchesi. Now, it is the turn of the former StarCraft: Brood War player, Carlo 'ClouD' Giannacco to answer to a few questions.

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/3748/mymcloud.jpg (http://img812.imageshack.us/i/mymcloud.jpg/)

Part I -> Gamescom and IEM

First question: How did you get in touch with StarCraft 2?

Carlo 'ClouD' Giannacco: I was waiting for Starcraft 2 since a long time. In 2008 I was a top SCBW player but I quit in 2009 and waited for Starcraft 2 to come out so I could give my best on it. When I tried it at first at Blizzcon 2008 I didn't like it very much, but right now everything feels fine and I enjoy practicing and competing.

Talking about IEM - what is your goal for the tournament?

MYM|ClouD: I want to go as far as possible after passing the groupstages. I believe if it's a good day and I play perfectly I can beat everyone there, but I know some players there are better than me right now so I'll just keep practicing in the next days to fill my gaps and be a serious threat to everyone, even IdrA.

How much do you practice at the moment and how does a "normal day" look for you at the moment?

MYM|ClouD: I'm practicing about ten hours every day since I really want to do well at IEM. I usually do a little run in the morning right after I wake up then come back home, have a shower and proceed to play for the rest of the day.

Which player of your group you fear the most?

MYM|ClouD: White Ra, he's just like me, he plays a lot before tournaments and improves at a fast pace when he does. I don't really know what to expect from him.

Do you think you will be nervous while playing in front of a big crowed? If yes, will it effect your gaming?

MYM|ClouD: I used to be very nervous, but the previous experiences were enough to get me used to it so I don't think it will affect me too much. I am just focused on doing my best for that tournament, and I don't really think of anything else besides that.

Who would you say are the big favorites for the IEM Global Challenge GamesCom?

MYM|ClouD: I think the only clear favorite is IdrA, and maybe Dimaga. I don't really know about the rest, anyone could do good or bad since most of the players there are top Europeans around the same skill level.

Part II -> Balance and EPS

It's funny that you name two Zergs. Don't you think Zerg is under- and Terran over-powered?

MYM|ClouD: I think at the highest levels right now ZvT is definitely not terran-friendly. Terran doesn't really have a clear counter to mid game mutalisk/zergling/baneling composition and the replays of Check from the Korean server show this clearly. I think the rest of the Zergs are having troubles against Terran because ZvT requires a great game sense and experience, but it's definitely not imbalanced towards Terran.

So, if you could play Blizzard for a day, what would you change?

MYM|ClouD: Balance wise I don't think I can say anything in regard because the game still needs to develop, but what I don't really like about SC2 is the fact all the units are so close to each other and clumped. It makes the micro too simple and area attacks too game changing.

What do you mean by developing? Do you think that players are still building on old tactics and need to develop new ones?

MYM|ClouD: I just think no one is playing any of the three races at their full potential. We will have to wait quite a bit before that, but that doesn't mean Blizzard shouldn't make changes. But every little change impacts the game too much and if they ever listened to the mainstream of balance whine the game would turn terrible

Ok, let's change the topic. You recently joined MeetYourMakers. What are your thoughts about your new team and how did you get in touch with them?

MYM|ClouD: I've been in contact with them for quite a bit, but the fact they planned to send players to Germany to play EPS sped everything up. So far I'm happy with MYM and I'm really looking forward the gaming house experience in Leipzig.

What do you expect from moving to Leipzig?

MYM|ClouD: I expect a good place to practice and get much better. Practicing at home is sometimes difficult but when I get there I will be in the best environment to focus myself on Starcraft II alone

What are your goals for the upcoming EPS season?

MYM|ClouD: My goal is to win every single game and make myself known and respected as a player in Germany. I think MYM wants this aswell and we will both work towards this.

Part III -> Real life and final words

What are your parents and friends thinking about your relocation?

MYM|ClouD: They are all happy and supportive because they know this is the result of a lot of hard work and passion. My parents know I've always wanted to leave Italy aswell, and Germany is one of my favorite European countries.

Do you think it has been a disadvantage for you living in a country in which eSport seems to be not as big as in other countries such as Germany or France?

MYM|ClouD: It has always been. There has never been any competition in Italy and people look down on gamers for the stupidest reasons. Italy is just behind on everything and people are full of prejudices towards anything new. Definitely not the best environment to become a progamer.

What does Carlo Giannacco like to do besides being "ClouD"?

MYM|ClouD: I guess my main hobby after Starcraft is taking care of animals. I really love them and I've been a volunteer at my city kennel for quite some time. I also enjoy going to the gym and reading books about philosophy and psychology

Do you so far have any plans for your future after being a progamer?

MYM|ClouD: I have some long term plans, but I won't think of them before I am done with this experience. Right now I am just focused on my gaming career and anything else would just be a distraction.

Grazie mille for the interview. Any final words?

MYM|ClouD: I am really grateful to MYM and their sponsors Razer, Western Digital, Puma and FSHost for giving me this opportunity, I'll do my best in Germany. I would also like to thank the Italians who are supporting me and invite them to www.starcraftworld.it.
ClouD uses:
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa Mirror
Mouse: Razer Abysus
Mousepad: Razer ExactMad
Headphone: Razer Orca
Harddrive: Western Digital

Source: myMYM (http://www.mymym.com/en/article/1129.html)
Picture: myMYM (http://www.mymym.com/en/article/1129.html)