PDA

View Full Version : Incompatibilitas

Cnacnel
29-08-2010, 12:16 PM
RGC is getting bigger, channels are getting more and more autonomy, so I think there should be a slight change. People keep posting public chat ban requests on dotarank forum. Admin forum on dotarank is used to describe the situation of the whole client. Ranked Gaming Client forum is very inactive. I know that Zemunac is creating a RGC site, but we should get people used to the situation in which, if they want to ban someone from public, they have to post a request in RGC forum, not Dotarank. Also, the situation in which Staff member position is just an addition to his other position.

It's a relict of the past, when the community equaled the client.

How to change the situation? I think there are a couple of things the admins could do:

1. Move all public ban requests and unban requests from DotArank administrative archives to # Ranked Gaming Client --> # Ban Requests subforum.
2. Create an administrative forum on Ranked Gaming Client (if it's not here) and give all current admins access to it.
3. Let the dotarank administrative subforum to all admins, vouchers and moderators of dotarank.ih and .com. There should be only discussions concerning dotarank.
4. Dotarank admins should stop taking care of mh or abuse ban requests, those are obviously concerning the public channel/whole client ban.
5. The most important, in-topic incompatibilitas. It's a rule which would state that "The position of a RGC Staff Member shall not be held jointly with the position of a Channel Admin (in wide understanding of this word). This prohibition should not apply to Admins of regional and custom channels."

Are.You.Ready-
29-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Tbh I have always wondered what was the difference between the two forum.
So RGC includes all channels and the client in general, and Dota Rank is just about dr.comm and dr.ih?

Cnacnel
29-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Tbh I have always wondered what was the difference between the two forum.
So RGC includes all channels and the client in general, and Dota Rank is just about dr.comm and dr.ih?

RGC - yes, however, DotArank is also about DR.Staff and DR.Roots channel, but they are not so important, so also "yes".

Sirian
29-08-2010, 12:28 PM
maybe add a report button somewhere on client? where you can select a reason and a channel and get redirected to the relevant forum page.

maybe you also have to make it clearer who are RGC staff (RGC- prefix?) and who are channel staff, because now ppl just spam all the coloured nicknames untill they get an answer.

Cnacnel
29-08-2010, 12:52 PM
maybe add a report button somewhere on client? where you can select a reason and a channel and get redirected to the relevant forum page.

maybe you also have to make it clearer who are RGC staff (RGC- prefix?) and who are channel staff, because now ppl just spam all the coloured nicknames untill they get an answer.

Please elaborate on the report button idea.

Good idea, I forgot to mention that there is not much difference between them on client.

Forgot to mention. I don't think it's a problem, but what you think of sharing Admin seat of numerous channels?

x_T_c
29-08-2010, 02:09 PM
As you said Zemunac is creating a RGC site, and we are w8ing for this.
@ cnacnel
1) Not so much good idea, because some requests is solved, some requests is old, some requests are useless, etc etc...
2) RGC forum have administrative section. I giv this to madchen and will giv to all ppl who is in RGC staff.
3) Dr.administrative will be used soon only for DotArank jobs.
4) True, in last 10-15 reports of mh i have consulted with Nec.madchen only, and we solved this.
5) Hmmm, dont know why ?! :D

Cnacnel
29-08-2010, 10:31 PM
5. Because it improves the performance. There are currently 1079 users online. I think that out of them there are some people that could be trusted, we are no longer a small community with 100 people online. Moreover, you as an admin should also make a choice, what you want to do. Choose taking care of the whole client or of the things concerning leagues and communities. Without a reason dr.community is getting highlighted way more than for example DGL. It should be the work of channel admins to improve the league/community, not the work of client admins.
Also, the reason is forums. Your position on forum is "DotA Rank Staff" not "RGC Staff".

This point is not concerning only you but also Stu!, Flutschi and Madchen, and possibly future admins. If you still don't understand why we should introduce incompatibilitas rule, then think why did Roger resing from his head admin position of Dotarank? For the same reason..

x_T_c
29-08-2010, 11:23 PM
I understand all what you are talking cnacnel , and i know what you mean... I am only helping to DPL and few leagues, and i am working like staff in dotarank too. I am working how much i can better for RGC, 90% of jobs i am working for rgc and this 10% is dotarank + dpl + etc etc ... About this fourm ranks, we w8ing zemunac to finish rgc forum, if not will be soon its np we can edit all acounts wich need to be edited.