PDA

View Full Version : Just me? Or rgc went downhill.

pupsik
02-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Is it just me or rgc became very frustrating to play after changing the ranks system?
Before, people were playing for the sake of playing and enjoying dota and good sportsmanship; eg. remaking biased games.
But now? NO ONE CARES ABOUT DOTA. They only care about winning, no matter what.
I have seen to many games playing 4v5 even before first blood only because the 5 team refused to remake because they were "winning" and enlarging their e-peen with those so important points.
It even made me leave a game, for the first time playing on rgc staring the time it had less than 50 users.
What is more broken is that people refuse to forfeit, even after going 40-2 team score they keep on playing for god knows why.
On a second note, there is a worse thing than refusing to remake or forfeit - people stop playing, dance in the fountain or even afk. And there is absolutely nothing to do about it( Yes, I'm talking about public).

So for me, a guy who doesn't have much spare time to play on the different leagues around and commit to their obligations; I found rgc public to be a great platform to spend my Dota time, but now every single time I decide to play on rgc I just get incredibly frustrated and have an urge to hit the wall or just ragequit.

tl;dr Winning on rgc makes your e-peen bigger but prevents quality games.

EDIT: I have just played a game that got to 2v5 in minute 2 and people refused to rmk.

my_name_is_8D
06-09-2010, 04:46 AM
true dis

Systematic
30-10-2010, 10:15 AM
ye it's true.

but how to change it?

Wendek
30-10-2010, 12:11 PM
I'd say bring back the old, useless ranking system (that just counted the number of games) until a decent points system is found, like a ELO system or something.
Because I agree, the current system plain sucks and only attracts kids interested by having the biggest e-peen.

my_name_is_8D
30-10-2010, 12:28 PM
And bring back zemunac's bot for the leavers in pub :D

afrikankuningas
30-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Need moar points