PDA

View Full Version : SK-Gaming goes LoL

Swain`
17-09-2010, 09:54 AM
The well known German organization, SK-Gaming decided to open a League of Legends section as they recently added a team previously known under the name of CAPE. They will represent SK-Gaming in the ESL Major Series and at World Cyber Games which will take place in Los Angeles later this month.

SK.LoL roster:
Shawn 'Osaft22' Bourquin
Benjamin 'SleazyWeazy' Hiller
Johannes 'Severus' Lüder
Wai Noch 'Reyk' Shum
Christian 'Zylor' Dietze
Lars 'Pylat' Andersen
Daniel 'Awe kek' Pabel

SK-Gaming conducted an interview with team leader, Shawn 'Osaft22' Bourquin. Here is an extract of this interview.

Where would you rank this team in the overall international scene?

ATM we are probably the best or at least one of the best teams in Europe. I can't say so much about the other regions because the servers are seperate, but I think Europe has the biggest competition and we want to prove that by winning the WCG.

Who is your main competition for the WCG and how do you think you match with them?

We don't think that the Asian teams will be the main problem, because lol hasn't been released there so long. We think the US team clg (Counter Logic Gaming) will be the hardest opponent. But from the streams we saw of them we think we can win vs. them

With other games competing with LoL for tournament space like DotA, HoN and the upcoming valve game how do you see the current state of where LoL is at as an esport?

I think LoL has a lot to offer and seems to be getting very popular, especially with the WCG and the ESL cups and the Major Series I think lol will get rising attention in the E-Sport sector. It's hard to tell which game will get the most popular of the mobas but LoL surely has a high potential for it.

What do you like or prefer about LoL? What sets it apart from other games in the genre?

I like that LoL is very team-based. The map is smaller and therefore more fast paced. Also the summoner system with Levels runes masteries helps to individualise the champs. Most people criticise that there is no denying in lol, but I think it helps the game, you need to be more active on the lanes and you have to harras more to push the opponent out of exp range so I think the game promotes a more active and fast paced gamestyle.

You can read the whole interview by clicking on this link (http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/30647-SK_Gaming_adds_LoL_team)