PDA

View Full Version : Handling quitters

resurrecto
11-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Most of us playing on rgc have found 1-2 players rage-quitting the game in the first 10 mins of the game. When this happens, the norm is to ask for a !votermk. The enemy team usually doesn't votermk as they get a free win if the play for a minimum of 20 mins. This affects, because the other three in the team now have to put up with 10-15 mins of torture of a 3 v 5. This is frustrating because when you quit, you take a toll on points. Once in a while, quitting because 2 guys have already quit is not a problem. But what if it happens for 10-11 games in 2 days.

To counter this situation, I propose a different method of point reduction.
1. At any point of the game, if a player quits, knock off 20 points from him. The user can be detected and allot -20 to him.
2. Since the game is unbalanced now, even a win by the enemy team should not warrant a full +5. If the game goes on 4 v 5, the winner be allotted +3 and the losers, -1. (Even if the 4 win... this will force a !votermk)
3. If a second player quits ( I am assuming the enemy player doesn't quit), knock off 15 points from him.
4. If the quitting happens after 20 mins, the winning team is entitled to a full +5 while the losing team gets only -1. (I cant see the 3 winning with all good players ... Will force !ff)

I hope that this will reduce the amount of rage-quitting which is spoiling the quality of games in RGC. Players playing good deserve to win or atleast have a shot at victory. People quitting the game because they didnt get the hero they wanted and going 4 v 5 from beginning is a pathetic situation to be in.

Please make suggestions and comments.

Mephisto
11-10-2010, 06:45 PM
it's so close to our system, cz if sm1 rage quits he gets -10 and the loser get -3 so ur idea it's same like how our system works. and u can report chronical leavers by posting on ban request forum, finally i advice u to apply 2 some leagues or 2 communities where u can play better games

x_T_c
11-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Rogers will solve all problems about !votermk. Just be patient and w8.

Swain`
11-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Be realistic guys. That's pub, we don't ban leavers and hardcore flamers.

Oh we do? Ok

resurrecto
12-10-2010, 03:48 PM
it's so close to our system, cz if sm1 rage quits he gets -10 and the loser get -3 so ur idea it's same like how our system works. and u can report chronical leavers by posting on ban request forum, finally i advice u to apply 2 some leagues or 2 communities where u can play better games

I understand the current system in existence. What I wanted to emphasize on is an improvement. I mean whats the point of a 3 v 5 game. When you are 3 in a side and some guy wants to play on for purely academic reasons and hence doesnt !ff, then it hurts the other 2. And if it is inside 20 mins, !ff is not possible and the enemy team does not !votermk. In such a case, the 3 should be able to quit with a minimal loss in points as the fault was not theirs and the other team should be awarded points as I mentioned before.

I hope this makes it clear.

Sir Rogers
12-10-2010, 04:12 PM
I understand the current system in existence. What I wanted to emphasize on is an improvement. I mean whats the point of a 3 v 5 game. When you are 3 in a side and some guy wants to play on for purely academic reasons and hence doesnt !ff, then it hurts the other 2. And if it is inside 20 mins, !ff is not possible and the enemy team does not !votermk. In such a case, the 3 should be able to quit with a minimal loss in points as the fault was not theirs and the other team should be awarded points as I mentioned before.

I hope this makes it clear.

I understand the problems and I believe that the solution lies in a fix or a remake of the !votermk command. However I don't have time to think a lot about it, I got tons of other fixes to make. I'm looking for good ideas from the community.

For example if someone leaves 5min into the game, and the score is 0-0 then the game can be votermk'd right away only by one team. If however one team is leading 8-0 and someone ragequits because the team is failing hard, then the game can't just be votermk'd unless the winning team agrees. Some proposition along those lines. It may contain many exceptions, rules and numbers, the more detailed and exact, the better. As long as the idea is good.

I'm looking forward to your ideas and replies guys.

Regards,
Sir Rogers