PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully a solution to one of our problems

KicA
06-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Since there is alot of complains regarding the "Leaving before first blood" or "Leaving before 10 minutes" i have a suggestion which may solve our problems for some time. As you all know when a person leaves before 10 minutes or before first blood the game is a draw, but some people tend to abuse that rule and they leave/plugg on purpose so i think this suggestion would help a great deal. Whenever someone leaves before 10 minutes or first blood to attempt to draw the game(lets say he's doing bad or his team is going to lose) get a -50 exp penalty for that and every continuous leaving of this kind will be resulted in -50/-100/-150/-200(max) exp penalty. That way we can prevent things like that from happening and hopefully stop the users from abusing. The first disconnect/leaving a user makes should be free of any charges or penalties (because he really could have disconnected) but every following leaving or disconnection after that will be punishable.

Let me see your opinions on this one.
Regards, KicA!

nTaBaTzIs_GR
06-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Not bad...
We can think it better and mb do it
Nc suggestion

AvaTorOFpassIoN
06-09-2009, 08:03 PM
i agree with this suggestion.

But it will give you higher ups alot more work to give -exp penality etc,

regards, Martin.

Bli5teR
06-09-2009, 08:05 PM
well this suggestion wont work, bc i dont think that prince got the time 2 programm this "exp penalieties"
furthermore we got "truant" for that reason.

best regards

KicA
06-09-2009, 08:13 PM
i agree with this suggestion.

But it will give you higher ups alot more work to give -exp penality etc,

regards, Martin.

I was hoping that bots would automatically do the exp penalty. It would save alot of time.

AvaTorOFpassIoN
06-09-2009, 08:15 PM
PaR[;42616']I was hoping that bots would automatically do the exp penalty. It would save alot of time.

Oh i understand :)

hehe, well it wasnt a bad suggest, just wish Prince had more time :)

Regards, Martin.

KicA
06-09-2009, 08:17 PM
well this suggestion wont work, bc i dont think that prince got the time 2 programm this "exp penalieties"
furthermore we got "truant" for that reason.

best regards

I never said that this should be done NOW, and i'm sure prince would find some time to program them. Besides truant automatically draws the game and then people would start threads about "Draw games" and they would say things such as "We played yesterday and the result is a draw. Please fix" etc. But maybe you're right, lets just wait and see.

Sarathos
06-09-2009, 08:34 PM
But there is also some side-effects with this.. People that may got disconnected for real, would lose EXP aswell..

KicA
06-09-2009, 08:57 PM
But there is also some side-effects with this.. People that may got disconnected for real, would lose EXP aswell..

Well i said in my post that the first leaving or disconnection can go off without any problems and the rest will get punished. And you don't get the system or at least imo i think you don't. A user can play a game and disconnect (Lets assume its his first time) and then he plays another game and stays until the end (the old record of him leaving/disconnecting is erased and the user can/may leave again without any exp penalties).

D3athKnight
06-09-2009, 10:39 PM
This good for me +1.I will tell to Prince.zero to fix this.We need to have this Good Job..First of all,i must catch him because he is afk sometimes :p

KicA
06-09-2009, 10:41 PM
In my opinion this will improve the gameplay because people won't be able to abuse the rules as much as they could before. Waiting on more thoughts here.

NoobTeam
06-09-2009, 11:07 PM
You dont have to change the programming of the bots.
Just make an idle message of the bots, that all players who leave or disc before 10 minutes have to be truanted (so they get -points anyways).

Abdul_Alhazred
07-09-2009, 03:07 PM
PaR[;42636']A user can play a game and disconnect (Lets assume its his first time) and then he plays another game and stays until the end (the old record of him leaving/disconnecting is erased and the user can/may leave again without any exp penalties).

So you are saying that one can only abuse every second time? I don't think thats much of an improvement.

Force
07-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Admins also have the command .penalty <player> <amount> which gives the player a penalty of their experience with the written amount. And admins can use .penaltyinfo <Player> to see other penalties/refunds the player have got.

KicA
07-09-2009, 09:06 PM
So you are saying that one can only abuse every second time? I don't think thats much of an improvement.

I'm open to suggestions, feel free to post your ideas.

Abdul_Alhazred
08-09-2009, 12:40 AM
PaR[;43036']I'm open to suggestions, feel free to post your ideas.

well i don't know what your technical limitations are so i can't actually solve the problem. Can a DC be detected by bot or does it look the same when you plug? Thats the first thing. Obviously leaving is worse than Dcing. So if someone dcs before 10 min played just rmk as usuall, if leave rmk and penalty. But i guess thats not working :D

I just know dota league where you can indivially mark someone as a leaver at the end of the game no matter if it was drawed or scored (its more or less a truant vote but without drawing the game) which i think would be usefull. So the leaver gets a penalty anyway and game can be rmked if it has been before 10 min. Problem solved :D Command could be something like .leavedraw "name of leaver" -> results in draw and penalty for leaver.
or a general .voteleaver "name" which would be handy if you could use it ingame.

If you can't do anything like that with the bot, nvm my post.

KicA
08-09-2009, 12:50 AM
well i don't know what your technical limitations are so i can't actually solve the problem. Can a DC be detected by bot or does it look the same when you plug? Thats the first thing. Obviously leaving is worse than Dcing. So if someone dcs before 10 min played just rmk as usuall, if leave rmk and penalty. But i guess thats not working :D

I just know dota league where you can indivially mark someone as a leaver at the end of the game no matter if it was drawed or scored (its more or less a truant vote but without drawing the game) which i think would be usefull. So the leaver gets a penalty anyway and game can be rmked if it has been before 10 min. Problem solved :D Command could be something like .leavedraw "name of leaver" -> results in draw and penalty for leaver.
or a general .voteleaver "name" which would be handy if you could use it ingame.

If you can't do anything like that with the bot, nvm my post.

Thank you for posting this. It is very useful, lets just hope D3athKniGHT will catch Prince and tell him about this thread so he can act in a proper way. I think both systems should be applied as soon as possible. Furthermor if 1 of them fails to be applied the other certainly won't.

Regards, KicA!

nTaBaTzIs_GR
08-09-2009, 09:44 AM

Yes we can see if its a DC or Leave... but it will be to confusing for the bot to have such a command but we will try it