PDA

View Full Version : 60% to play league

david-sux
01-11-2010, 05:39 PM
closed

Knight925
01-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Could u pls think a idea through before u post it?
This proposition would destroy the whole league after arround 2 weeks.......

Facts:
-There are currently arround 1000 accounts in div-league-class
-This amount of players is chosen by Hans2 himself and since he just changed it thats the amount/percentage he wants
(too many ppl mess up the average player-skill, too few end up in having games wait for players too long)

Reasons why ur idea is stupid:
1. if u add a 60% barrier less ppl will be able to play div-league. so u would also need to lower the exp-boundry for the same amount of ppl to be in league. Do you really prefer some semi-good player that made a good percentage in safelow/high over somebody that has proven himself in div-league and is able to stay there? i think not....
I myself had 3 accounts with 13-0 or higher in safelow/high (was trying to get on the main page with a win-streak^^)
But thats a thing u can do on a single day and an easy task compared to get 10k+ exp
2. assuming the most ppl in league stay there for quite a while or at least frequently:
since league-players are (not counting playall) playing against league-players only the average league player is going to end up with 50% win-loss. if u kick out all below 60% winstreak u will have to kick out AT LEAST half of the active league every 1 or 2 weeks, since there is a 40% and below player for everybody with 60% and higher.
and if u have kicked out half of the players therw will only be the good ones left. they will play against each other until half of them has below 60% again and gets kicked out. this will continue untill there is only a single player left not counting ppl that are inactive or come from safehigh ^^

To put it easier:
50% means u are as good as a average league.player
60% means that u are better than the average league-player
Its easy to understand that not all players can be better than the average player i guess ^^ but thats exactly what ur idea would need to work ^^
Annother thing is that everybody who can keep his 60% up forever will end up with an infinite amount of exp
So u will always have the 4 worst players in your team and play against the 2. - 6. in every game and still win 60% ^^
only a handfull ppl are able to do that in the longrun.

=>
Sorry no offence but this idia is utterly stupid ^^

Pthirus_pubis
01-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Could u pls think a idea through before u post it?
This proposition would destroy the whole league after arround 2 weeks.......

Facts:
-There are currently arround 1000 accounts in div-league-class
-This amount of players is chosen by Hans2 himself and since he just changed it thats the amount/percentage he wants
(too many ppl mess up the average player-skill, too few end up in having games wait for players too long)

Reasons why ur idea is stupid:
1. if u add a 60% barrier less ppl will be able to play div-league. so u would also need to lower the exp-boundry for the same amount of ppl to be in league. Do you really prefer some semi-good player that made a good percentage in safelow/high over somebody that has proven himself in div-league and is able to stay there? i think not....
I myself had 3 accounts with 13-0 or higher in safelow/high (was trying to get on the main page with a win-streak^^)
But thats a thing u can do on a single day and an easy task compared to get 10k+ exp
2. assuming the most ppl in league stay there for quite a while or at least frequently:
since league-players are (not counting playall) playing against league-players only the average league player is going to end up with 50% win-loss. if u kick out all below 60% winstreak u will have to kick out AT LEAST half of the active league every 1 or 2 weeks, since there is a 40% and below player for everybody with 60% and higher.
and if u have kicked out half of the players therw will only be the good ones left. they will play against each other until half of them has below 60% again and gets kicked out. this will continue untill there is only a single player left not counting ppl that are inactive or come from safehigh ^^

To put it easier:
50% means u are as good as a average league.player
60% means that u are better than the average league-player
Its easy to understand that not all players can be better than the average player i guess ^^ but thats exactly what ur idea would need to work ^^
Annother thing is that everybody who can keep his 60% up forever will end up with an infinite amount of exp
So u will always have the 4 worst players in your team and play against the 2. - 6. in every game and still win 60% ^^
only a handfull ppl are able to do that in the longrun.

=>

only one thing. Noone and i mean noone can keep 60% forever without lock if (and i say if) the div system works as its supposed to be.

The better u are the worse are ur teammates, so u cant keep a high % of win over many games. The ones that have high % in league (and 60 isnt thaaaat much) are either using lock, or dont have that many games. If u have many games (and many isnt 60 or smth like that even 200 isnt that much considering how long some people stayed in safehigh) and a high % u should be in top 20 at least. everyone below cant have a high win% and many games

doing the math say we consider 70% win and 400 games, u would win 280 games and loose 120,
if ur a good player u win (with some mvps and ownage, as good player u should get way more of these than feeder malus) 150 and loose 100
so 280 x 150 - 120 x 100 = 30k exp
not considering that u would have more streak + than - if u win more than loose
meaning u should be in top ten

now where are all these good players that are so proud of their 70% win and shouting "omg there are people with 50% they suck" once they got into league

in div u wont get ur exp with winning more games than loosing but winning more points in a win than loosing in a loss. A player with 40% win and 10k exp is porpably one of the best players around

this isnt the fucking same as wc3 ladder this should be a fucking sticky so all these braindead safehigh idiots get that

its the same with these guys that think an IQ of 110 is average -.-

Knight925
01-11-2010, 06:49 PM
I was proving the idea is stupid first (:
ur too slow ^^
seach for ur own idiots to prove wrong pls ^^

Pthirus_pubis
01-11-2010, 06:52 PM
I was proving the idea is stupid first (:
ur too slow ^^
seach for ur own idiots to prove wrong pls ^^

man if i didnt had that much self control my post propably would have been somewhat unfriendly

and i proved the first idiot wrong that came up with this shit use search if u wanna ^^ so these guys are mine

Knight925
01-11-2010, 07:02 PM
y i tried but failed staying completly friendly ):

=>

had to write that ^^
but i think other than that i was pretty laid back too (:

and i proved the first idiot wrong that came up with this shit use search if u wanna ^^ so these guys are mine

hmmm thats not fair....
there is currently so few ppl posting here that we all need to share our personal funny ppl ^^

Id really love to know what the ingame-nick, stats, ratio, exp and played games of this guy are ^^
And if he really is above 60% and in league we could follow him everywhere and mess up his ratio until he forgets about this idea ^^

Aravis
01-11-2010, 07:08 PM
The bot balances the game, that you get 50%winchance in the long run.

david-sux
01-11-2010, 07:13 PM
closed

Pthirus_pubis
01-11-2010, 07:32 PM
maybe he could do it the same way as dota-league does it :/ there are sig games and there are vip-sig games... u can only join vip.sig with 60% and 1200 points, but u just need the win ratio of 60% once... so maybe the bots remember players which were allowed to join these games once and they can join again and again even their % has gotten lower than 60%. i hope u understand what i try to explain now... I just want to explain the way dota-league works, so mb its possible to use that idea for div-league aswell... and before u start to whine again... i knew the points u have just mentioned before and u didnt tell me something new... i guess i just didnt explained my idea enough t understand it TT

btw i got lots of accounts which are allowed to play div-league :) and furthermore everyone of them got a winratio between 70% and 97% <3

greetings david-sux

NOOOOOOOOOOO

u still dont seem to get, that the exp in div shows the skill like the 1200 exp and 60% in dota league do... and u wouldnt have come up with that if u would have understood that.
The div system actually gets even closer to displaying the skill lever,
i never have seen a good player with under 2k exp and many games and i never have seen a rly bad player with many games and over 5 k (not considering league bad but rly bad)

i have played most dota system and no system gets closer than div does because its closed and because u dont get exp by massing games and because u get balanced and because and the exp system is as detailed as it is.

The exp in div isnt the same as the exp in any other system u only get mass exp if u are actually good so the one thing that counts and should count in div is the exp anything else is fucked up.

Show me the player in div that is in top 50 that is a bad player and show me a good safelow player that has more than 50 games, there arent any.

The only thing that is reasonable about ur idea is that u want a skill level beyond league becuase there is a difference between 4k and 10k, the problem with that is, that the games wont fill up fast enough for most people if u would make a place for player over 10k (for example) the games would be sweet no doubt but there actually would be one every week.

All of this has been considered, hans did take many things in consideration and many things have been tried, and this is a midway between skill level and acceptable waiting time. this isnt div system 1.0 The point system is way more tought trough than it would appear at first glance.

edit: considering divs flame lvl this still can be called friendly i guess ...

david-sux
01-11-2010, 08:14 PM
closed

SIark.
01-11-2010, 08:18 PM
lol let those 60% play against each other until the most of 'em ending up having 50% too

haha briliant idea :D

david-sux
01-11-2010, 08:21 PM
closed