PDA

View Full Version : Tell us your opinion about this!

StealingSpree
18-11-2010, 10:40 PM
Me and HANS2 had an idea;

We thought to add 'Ranks' on League and Hostbots. I mean, if a user joins a game, bot will display his rank.
Rank is depended on User's EXP.
For example:
StealingSpree 'DIV Player' has entered the game!
DIV Player is the rank and every Rank has its own access and game rights.

For example a Rank named "DIV VIP Member" will have the right to swap or open/close like a simple GHost Bot admin

Give us 10 good names for the Rank Name and do your best for the best Rank! =)

Yours sincerely, the DIV Staff

Shakrina
19-11-2010, 05:33 AM
Yeah and he could start 3v3 and set -aremwtf.

x_T_c
19-11-2010, 11:27 AM
Solid idea...

a10d15
19-11-2010, 01:06 PM
League wont become better. There is still thousands retarded noobs in every playclass.Sometimes there is even more quality games in safelow than in league. That mean "exp balance system" is most retarded . Exp = nothing , its all about win ratio.Who cares if a guy have 7000 exp but 45 % or less ratio ?? He still noob with low clue about dota.Just make all games named DIV-PLAYALL but balanced by win ratio = more quality games.
Or for example : guys with 60 % + ratio + more than 10 games can play DIV-LEAGUE
Guys with less than 60 % can play DIV-Safehigh + Safelow to rise up their skill
There will be stimul to get 60 % for playing quality games and not just NERDING exp
That is my option

Pthirus_pubis
19-11-2010, 02:58 PM
League wont become better. There is still thousands retarded noobs in every playclass.Sometimes there is even more quality games in safelow than in league. That mean "exp balance system" is most retarded . Exp = nothing , its all about win ratio.Who cares if a guy have 7000 exp but 45 % or less ratio ?? He still noob with low clue about dota.Just make all games named DIV-PLAYALL but balanced by win ratio = more quality games.
Or for example : guys with 60 % + ratio + more than 10 games can play DIV-LEAGUE
There will be stimul to get 60 % for playing quality games and not just NERDING exp
That is my option

use search ur idea is old and bad

a10d15
19-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Greeks and dota = two different words.Your clue about dota is a bit above than my clue about math.
And im far away from math ~~

Pthirus_pubis
19-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Greeks and dota = two different words.Your clue about dota is a bit above than my clue about math.
And im far away from math ~~

ur point is? ur saying everyone that worked on the div system and or is ok with it like it is has no clue about dota, and ur the savior?

btw the balance system is more about math than dota anyway it would work with any other game with lil work as well, the part that is special is the exp system

a10d15
19-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Greeks and english = two different words. Cant talk with , you dont understand at all.

SIark.
19-11-2010, 04:06 PM
That is my option

league-games never worse than safelow, dont lie. someone who has mass exp with low winratio is better than someone who has high winratio (similar exp and games ofc). whatever ur idea is really crap, 60% is too high since everybody ends up 50% if ur not abusing lock or mh or stuff.

to topic: good idea

7. "Div-Noob"
6. "Div-Bob"
5. "Div-Starter"
4. "Div-Experienced"
3. "Div-Veteran"
2. "Div-Pro"
1. "Div-VIP"

7.,6.,5. can show up in safelow,
5.,4.,3. in safehigh,
and 3.,2.,1. in league

just a suggestion

AleJ4nDRo
19-11-2010, 04:15 PM
pretty good idea

a10d15
19-11-2010, 04:24 PM
THE REAL ONE SIarK. HAS SPOKEN
Just LOL . Once again one more nobish piece of shit speak about EXP. CANT UR LITTLE BRAIN UNDERSTAND THAT NUMBER OF EXP IS NOTHING ????? FFFS
Bring ur guys with 10 000 exp and play vs me and some my friends WHO PLAYING SAFELOW with 1000-2000 exp. We will smash u in a short period.
How can u all even think about EXP BALANCE. Its most retarded shit ever seen

SIark.
19-11-2010, 04:57 PM
its fine. its fine for thousands of players. ur mates stick at 1000 exp? then they suck if they cant get more. u want bash some players with mates? u can, just abuse the .lock-command or go to dota-league and get bashed. its randomteam-league. RANDOM! u cant expect nice teamplay, everybody plays different and the entire team doesnt go for one goal.
if u dont like the concept of this league, goodbye, there are several other leagues, go and flame there. ur post is crappy again, telling to remake the whole div-concept. haha. good luck, try ur own league.

Pthirus_pubis
19-11-2010, 05:53 PM
THE REAL ONE SIarK. HAS SPOKEN
Just LOL . Once again one more nobish piece of shit speak about EXP. CANT UR LITTLE BRAIN UNDERSTAND THAT NUMBER OF EXP IS NOTHING ????? FFFS
Bring ur guys with 10 000 exp and play vs me and some my friends WHO PLAYING SAFELOW with 1000-2000 exp. We will smash u in a short period.
How can u all even think about EXP BALANCE. Its most retarded shit ever seen

and with exactly that ur wrong ... did u use search? we explained in another thread why its the other way around in div, win ratio doesnt say shit unless u got above 2-300 games in league, in safelow-high i got a win ratio of 70-90% its the absolute basic idea of the balance system behind div, that all people end up at 50% over time (that this wont work 100% with lock anyway is a different story) and then the exp decides who is better. This isnt wc3 ladder or some league where u get exp by mass playing. u get ur exp by loosing less than others when u loose and winning more than other when u win. Its a fucking closed system srsly, i cant believe i had to explain this again

the only people with ~70% in league are people with few games and people using lock, and these guys arent rly the best ones

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

league-games never worse than safelow, dont lie. someone who has mass exp with low winratio is better than someone who has high winratio (similar exp and games ofc). whatever ur idea is really crap, 60% is too high since everybody ends up 50% if ur not abusing lock or mh or stuff.

to topic: good idea

7. "Div-Noob"
6. "Div-Bob"
5. "Div-Starter"
4. "Div-Experienced"
3. "Div-Veteran"
2. "Div-Pro"
1. "Div-VIP"

7.,6.,5. can show up in safelow,
5.,4.,3. in safehigh,
and 3.,2.,1. in league

just a suggestion

how is div-bob fitting in there XD
as the idea is to give the ranks different rights, how about giving people with less than 3-5 games a rank as well so they wont be kicked in safelow unless someone has 1k exp more or smth like that to give em a chance

SIark.
19-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Div-Noob = less than 5 games -> unkickable
Div-Bob = 0-100 exp even with more then ur suggested 3-5 games. Bob fits in here rly good :D. right of unkickability removed ;)

like this new players have a chance to play, but not those hardcore bobs

StealingSpree
19-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Don't spam the thread. Just tell us your opinion, no less no more.

Bobby_gBG
20-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Div-Noob = less than 5 games -> unkickableActyally that is a very good idea. When I deleted my EXP, I had to join like 50 games until I can finally start.
And is extremely frustrating when u get retarded team that first game, and u lose, and u wait 50 more games until u can start...

Maybe if 5 is too much, reduce to 3, but this hsould be made, so new players don't have to wait 3 hours to start league.

I remember the first time I started div a couple of years ago - after being kicked for 30-50 times, and then losing my first game with 8:4 stats, I didn't even tried to join DIV bots for the next 3 months...

And no, I don't like the idea of people having admin rights just because of exp. The people with the most exp in the league are actually exactly the ones which I don't want to see with any kind of power...

StealingSpree
20-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Actyally that is a very good idea. When I deleted my EXP, I had to join like 50 games until I can finally start.
And is extremely frustrating when u get retarded team that first game, and u lose, and u wait 50 more games until u can start...

Maybe if 5 is too much, reduce to 3, but this hsould be made, so new players don't have to wait 3 hours to start league.

I remember the first time I started div a couple of years ago - after being kicked for 30-50 times, and then losing my first game with 8:4 stats, I didn't even tried to join DIV bots for the next 3 months...

And no, I don't like the idea of people having admin rights just because of exp. The people with the most exp in the league are actually exactly the ones which I don't want to see with any kind of power...

We just "threw" this idea. You can suggest something else, something new, all of you!

bobo)ftw
21-11-2010, 04:55 AM
i m for :) div needs something new

Knight925
21-11-2010, 11:03 AM
Maybe also base it on the mvp-votes
but maybe not or at least less use the auto-votes
and make it on how many different accounts have voted for somebody to exclude friend-votes
and maybe give a bonus if somebody with more hp votes for somebody

Aravis
21-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Awesome, but not viable for safelow games, as the rotation is too fast with players get kicked because someone higher wants to join. That would lead to spam.

Starting from that my suggestion

new-player
beginner
greenhorn
average-player
midskilled-player
highclass-player
top-player
vip-player
premium-player
platinum-player
leagueadmin

further than that keep aware that everything that can be abused, will be abused.

some ideas on priviliges:
Possiblily to kick players in lobby if they have a rank of 3 or more below you.

Some high class should have the option to send someone 100exp for nice play, eg at the cost of 50exp, so it doesnt get abused.

Expire low/high games to make bot host league games would also be nice for a high class.

Spoofcheck priority for higher class

Beeing able to kickobs with lower class, even though not gamemaster

Beeing immune to kickobs if you are premium and above

Having 2 votes to kick stupid fags ( so only 3 others have to vote)

Possible to kick even though the one to kick has neutral stats (see current case of shakrina)

Negative streak gets a cap at -40

And i would appreciate, instead of letting the bot choose a random side, make the game doing it.
The command for it is -rs (-randomside)

StealingSpree
23-11-2010, 11:01 PM
Awesome, but not viable for safelow games, as the rotation is too fast with players get kicked because someone higher wants to join. That would lead to spam.

Starting from that my suggestion

new-player
beginner
greenhorn
average-player
midskilled-player
highclass-player
top-player
vip-player
premium-player
platinum-player
leagueadmin

further than that keep aware that everything that can be abused, will be abused.

some ideas on priviliges:
Possiblily to kick players in lobby if they have a rank of 3 or more below you.

Some high class should have the option to send someone 100exp for nice play, eg at the cost of 50exp, so it doesnt get abused.

Expire low/high games to make bot host league games would also be nice for a high class.

Spoofcheck priority for higher class

Beeing able to kickobs with lower class, even though not gamemaster

Beeing immune to kickobs if you are premium and above

Having 2 votes to kick stupid fags ( so only 3 others have to vote)

Possible to kick even though the one to kick has neutral stats (see current case of shakrina)

Negative streak gets a cap at -40

And i would appreciate, instead of letting the bot choose a random side, make the game doing it.
The command for it is -rs (-randomside)

I found your idea very good. All of these, ranks and privileges. I'll think & i'll discuss it with HANS.
Thank you.

funaround
03-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Great idea! Just find suitable and catchy names

LaoshRa
10-12-2010, 05:51 PM
having rank-titles sounds like a good idea, however:

you should keep in mind that people with lower exp are not necessarily less skilled than people with higher exp, e.g. people who just joined div and need some time to gather their exp.

so i suggest you chose titles which don't involve anything like "low/mid/highskilled" etc.
instead, you could use the balance exp as it is a combination of exp and winrate.
but i'd prefer ranks which resemble overall experience (also with the div mechanics etc.), so i'd go with fancy, individual titles instead of depending on winrate stuff.

so how about something more abstract? e.g. wc3 itself uses peon, grunt, shaman, chieftain. several custom maps and other games use military ranks. to me, those kinds of ranks sound much better than the generic "bad, average, good" ranks. but it should be something most people can relate to and it should always be possible to tell which rank is higher than the other.
my personal favorite: military ranks. why?
1. since apparently only few ranks are needed, people should be able to tell the rank-order between something like Private, Lieutenant, Captain, General etc.
2. while skill is probably also important for a military rank, the focus is put on combat/war experience (= experience with div-mechanics).
3. it's just so damn cool if you can answer with "yes captain" :D

SIark.
10-12-2010, 09:05 PM
3. it's just so damn cool if you can answer with "yes captain" :D

sorry dude, but these ranks just sound hardcore gay

o.O]Mentiroso
11-12-2010, 12:28 AM
agree on laoshra ^^
its funny if you start new ( or over :P ) and u get flamed in safelow that u pwn noobs cuz ur too bad for safehigh ( makes no sense lulz )
but ranks should be combined together with win ratio and / or experience and then u need only 5 ranks or sth.

0 % - 50% with less than 5k xp : cannon fodder more than 5k xp: experienced veteran
50-75% with less than 5k xp : upward climber more than 5k xp: airborned
80% - 99% with less than 5k xp: wannabe more than 5k xp: proofed Skiller

100% : 1337 Pro ^^ ( 5k or less ) 5k or more xp: omg thats impossible asdfasdfasdf ... fucking GOD

this can be expanded to more ranks or just getting simplified :)

SIark.
11-12-2010, 12:58 AM
Mentiroso;389263']agree on laoshra ^^
its funny if you start new ( or over :P ) and u get flamed in safelow that u pwn noobs cuz ur too bad for safehigh ( makes no sense lulz )
but ranks should be combined together with win ratio and / or experience and then u need only 5 ranks or sth.

0 % - 50% with less than 5k xp : cannon fodder more than 5k xp: experienced veteran
50-75% with less than 5k xp : upward climber more than 5k xp: airborned
80% - 99% with less than 5k xp: wannabe more than 5k xp: proofed Skiller

100% : 1337 Pro ^^ ( 5k or less ) 5k or more xp: omg thats impossible asdfasdfasdf ... fucking GOD

this can be expanded to more ranks or just getting simplified :)

not a good idea imo. i dont even know anybody who has 70% with 100-200 games (except those lockabusers). at the beginning high rate is possible but with mass games everybody is between 40-60%

LaoshRa
11-12-2010, 01:49 PM
i've worked myself up from something like 54% to 65% - while already playing leauge. never ever used lock and always playing with the same hero. i don't abuse remake, but i sometimes leave games before they start when i notice the winrates being extremely unbalanced (e.g. two ppl with 93%+ in the opponent team). so overall i think 70% and more is definately possible without any kind of abuse :P

but as i mentioned in my earlier post, winrate should not matter so much for this. exp is influenced by wins already, could at most use the balance-exp instead.

as for the "hardcore gay" titles, you are probably quite alone with your oppinion. i didnt make these up, i've observed them in various other games and even wc3 custom maps. also its just an example ffs :P i just dont want anything with "skill" in the title, it's just not adequate imo.

SIark.
11-12-2010, 04:14 PM
don't know how much games you've played...

don't take it personally, but i think i'm speaking for nearly the whole community when i say those ranks are pretty gay. don't wanna see "generals" or wtf

Kouropalatis
11-12-2010, 05:10 PM
aromdm!!!!xD