PDA

View Full Version : Bonus for Assist

NG_Absalon
24-11-2010, 09:59 AM
So since there are boni for Feeding and Killing there could also be a bonus for assist.
smthn like (+50 exp, Supporter)

Either it could be assist>20
or assist > teamkills/3(or/2)

what do you think?
preferbly the div staff

hans2
24-11-2010, 03:03 PM
assist have no counterpart /(like kill/death) and are pretty uneven for heroes

Pthirus_pubis
24-11-2010, 10:12 PM
assist have no counterpart /(like kill/death) and are pretty uneven for heroes

well u could counter it by itself like this

create a border set as point zero for example like this

every 3min gametime is +1 assist

meaning if u play 60 mins u should have 20 assists, if u are mora than 50% below that so at 10 assists u get a malus (maybe only 30 points) and if u are by the same higher u get the same as bonus. if u have smth between 10 and 30 points nothing happens (sounds much but srsly 1 hour is long enough and it shouldnt be easy to get the the bonus as +10 kills isnt that easy as well)

so in a 30 min game point zero is 10 if u are under 5 assists u get a malus if u are over 15 u get a bonus doesnt sound so bad to me, 5 assists is possible with every hero in 30 mins gametime, but maybe it should have a relation to the overall kills in ur team as its a different story to have 20 assists with 60 teamkills or with 25, maybe relate to 3min + 1 assist counter to that somehow

Knight925
25-11-2010, 01:31 PM
this is much to complicated and unnessesary
if u want assists to count more just split the exp differently
instead of 5 for the kill and 1 for the assist give more the the assists

rampage and feeder is already a little jump in xp
why does somebody with +9 get 55 xp less than somebody with +10?
we DONT need more of that ^^

Pthirus_pubis
25-11-2010, 04:47 PM
this is much to complicated and unnessesary
if u want assists to count more just split the exp differently
instead of 5 for the kill and 1 for the assist give more the the assists

rampage and feeder is already a little jump in xp
why does somebody with +9 get 55 xp less than somebody with +10?
we DONT need more of that ^^

the problem is that there wouldnt be any counterpart for + assists as there isnt for+1 but its not that bad as +1 isnt that much atm. In the idea above the exp system would stay closed even more than it is now and u would actually punish players that have done little in teamfights (healing heros are poor bastards anyway) wich isnt so bad either

Sescheron
27-11-2010, 05:45 PM
the problem is that there wouldnt be any counterpart for + assists as there isnt for+1 but its not that bad as +1 isnt that much atm. In the idea above the exp system would stay closed even more than it is now and u would actually punish players that have done little in teamfights (healing heros are poor bastards anyway) wich isnt so bad either

I'd say do something like this :

4 assists count as 1 kill, so e.g. someone who has 5 kills 3 deaths and 20 assists would count as someone with 10 kills 3 deaths.

Pthirus_pubis
27-11-2010, 06:24 PM
would be way to easy to achieve that, if there is a game that lasts over 60 mins around 7 of the 10 players would get that bonus. 7:2:20 isnt that imba for a long game and not worth a special bonus

Hades)
29-11-2010, 01:29 AM
I would say:
10 assists : +5
20 assists: +10
30 assists: +15

So the bonus wouldnt be too high...

Btw, making a counterpart, like giving a malus for less than xx assists is not fair imo, because if you play the carry of your team, you need to get many kills to carry the team to victory and stuff.
(I think u know what I mean)

SIark.
29-11-2010, 06:34 PM
y, but in div there are at least 3 carries, so anyone will carry it, lol

Pthirus_pubis
29-11-2010, 09:45 PM
I would say:

So the bonus wouldnt be too high...

Btw, making a counterpart, like giving a malus for less than xx assists is not fair imo, because if you play the carry of your team, you need to get many kills to carry the team to victory and stuff.
(I think u know what I mean)

well first u got a little room in my idea before getting the malus i think if u had a game that lasts for 1 hour 20 assist is point zero (lets say there are 50 kills / deaths a team as i dont have a clue how exactly that should be calculated) then u either got over 10 assists and dont get a malus (wich rly is achievable) or u have +10 kill/death ratio so the bonus/malus counters itfself out, or u sucked ...

for example

a player with 12:2:6 gets no bonus at all
a player with 1:12:32 gets no bonus at all

i think these 2 players are equally important to the game the second fed but had mass assists

a player with 12:2:15 gets a bonus
a player with 4:7:31 gets a bonus

these 2 deserved it in my eyes
and so on

ofc i dont say that the calculation should be done exactly like this, just some random numbers to support the idea like i saw fit

i dont completly dislike Sescheronīs idea by the way the numbers just need to be fixed a little, its a option as well. This bonus shouldnt be achievable without srsly good playing

LaoshRa
10-12-2010, 05:05 PM
idea:
i think a major problem with assists is that it is difficult to judge wether it was a "good" assists or just a single hit in a 5on1 gang. thus, you might consider to take the amount of people responsible for the kill into account.
so basically, the fewer people are having assists, the more these assists should count.

an issue when implementing this:
however, the score for this needs a decent scaling - you probably don't want to give +1 for a kill with 4 assists while giving +2 for a kill with 3 assists.
so you could scale it all up and keep it integer, scaling it back at the end of the game, rounding away any decimal-places (alternately, floats could be used to avoid trouble due to ints always rounding towards 0).

here's an example:
killscore is currently increasing by 1 to 5 for the lasthitter, depending on the number of assists taking part in that kill.
you could change this from "1 to 5" to "100 to 500".
now instead of giving 100 (former 1) point for an assist, you could give 100/150/250/400 (representing 1/1.5/2.5/4) if there is a total amount of 4/3/2/1 assists for the kill.
at the end of the game, you simply divide the assist-score by 100 again, rounding values like 3250 to 32.

more detailed:
player A takes the kill, B and C both assisted.
A will recieve 500-200=300 points (so simply +3 at the end of the game, nothing has changed here)
B will recieve 250 points (meaning +2.5 in the end)
C will recieve 250 points (meaning +2.5 in the end)

you might argue that the total amount of points given for assists should remain the same for any kind of kill.
you could of course give 100/133/200/400 for 4/3/2/1 assists.

these values are just examples anyway, but i think you get the point.

Pthirus_pubis
10-12-2010, 05:26 PM
idea:
i think a major problem with assists is that it is difficult to judge wether it was a "good" assists or just a single hit in a 5on1 gang. thus, you might consider to take the amount of people responsible for the kill into account.
so basically, the fewer people are having assists, the more these assists should count.

an issue when implementing this:
however, the score for this needs a decent scaling - you probably don't want to give +1 for a kill with 4 assists while giving +2 for a kill with 3 assists.
so you could scale it all up and keep it integer, scaling it back at the end of the game, rounding away any decimal-places (alternately, floats could be used to avoid trouble due to ints always rounding towards 0).

here's an example:
killscore is currently increasing by 1 to 5 for the lasthitter, depending on the number of assists taking part in that kill.
you could change this from "1 to 5" to "100 to 500".
now instead of giving 100 (former 1) point for an assist, you could give 100/150/250/400 (representing 1/1.5/2.5/4) if there is a total amount of 4/3/2/1 assists for the kill.
at the end of the game, you simply divide the assist-score by 100 again, rounding values like 3250 to 32.

more detailed:
player A takes the kill, B and C both assisted.
A will recieve 500-200=300 points (so simply +3 at the end of the game, nothing has changed here)
B will recieve 250 points (meaning +2.5 in the end)
C will recieve 250 points (meaning +2.5 in the end)

you might argue that the total amount of points given for assists should remain the same for any kind of kill.
you could of course give 100/133/200/400 for 4/3/2/1 assists.

these values are just examples anyway, but i think you get the point.

y there were ideas like that in another thread a while back, question is if u can get these informations to work with them

LaoshRa
10-12-2010, 06:14 PM
well, currently the killpoints already depend on the amounts of assists. why would you be unable to use that variable for the assists themselves?

Pthirus_pubis
10-12-2010, 10:56 PM
well, currently the killpoints already depend on the amounts of assists. why would you be unable to use that variable for the assists themselves?

if it wasnt changed recently u get +5 for every kill and assists are free points wo counterpart

Kouropalatis
11-12-2010, 05:11 PM

its a good idea!!:)

Pthirus_pubis
11-12-2010, 06:57 PM

its a good idea!!:)

there are already so many boni that let the exp rise big time lately (i mean a couple of months ago u were in league with 2,5k-3,5k exp and the stats were from the old div) u need a counterpart