PDA

View Full Version : Leavers discussion

kizo
26-11-2010, 04:34 AM
Hello,

I came here from garena and thought that this was a good place to play but i was wrong.

You must play 2 or 3 vs 5 one in three matches with nobody willing to vote remake because of the points.
If you leave the game you lose points and you are punished like a leaver.

If this platform is to have a bright and fun gaming future this should be solved as soon as possible.

Thank you

Sir Rogers
26-11-2010, 05:59 AM
Well thank you for stating the obvious. I believe that a discussion needs a little more than that tough.

I am fully aware of what's going on, but I'm not sure how to tackle the problem. There are a few propositions, however I'm not a big fan of either of them. And what would really solve the problem takes too long to code to be a practical solution for now.

So if you got any ideas feel free to let me know.
A discussion on this topic is very much needed.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

kizo
26-11-2010, 09:17 AM
How about when there is a two player diffrence count between teams the scoring is disabled and only the leavers lose points. The five player team will have to votermk or play for fun since nobody gets any points after a two player diffrence is detected.

Dunno if that is possible.

Have a nice day

Angelos21
26-11-2010, 09:36 AM
Nice suggestion.
I concur!

Matches 5v3 and 5v2 happen all the time
destroying stats.

x_T_c
26-11-2010, 08:01 PM
We will really try to do smth with leavers in soon future... Just be patient and w8 for some changes. But ,my best idea for every one is to stop playing pubs and to try to get vouch for other channels, community-es, leagues etc etc...

MoonArch
26-11-2010, 08:09 PM
+1

Gruufhai
26-11-2010, 11:22 PM
How about when there is a two player diffrence count between teams the scoring is disabled and only the leavers lose points. The five player team will have to votermk or play for fun since nobody gets any points after a two player diffrence is detected.

Have a nice day

Sounds good. Is that possible? Or what are your concerns regarding this suggestion, Sir Rogers?

x_T_c
27-11-2010, 12:53 AM
Before much times ago, we have talked about some ,, leaver flag ''. I think this can help to pub, because this ,, leaver flag '' will be added when some guy got some percent of leaved games ,and when ppl see guy who is flaged like leaver , he can votekick him from game. If he make new account , flag can also stay on new nick, so this ,, leaver flag '' can be smth like timeban ( ip-computer command ) :)

NeC.madchen
27-11-2010, 12:55 AM

Have a nice day
Or just let them leave game w/o losing points, and give 2-3 points to winning team.
Sounds fair for me.

Sir Rogers
27-11-2010, 01:07 AM
Or just let them leave game w/o losing points, and give 2-3 points to winning team.
Sounds fair for me.

Well I like the 2 leavers thing. HOWEVER there needs to be a reasonable time limit to this.

Any suggestions?

So the leavers would lose their points any way, but the innocent players wouldn't. As I said, any suggestions welcome: "5min for 1 leaver, 7min for 2 leavers. Anything after that won't trigger this no-stats system." - something along that format :-)

My only concern considering this suggestion is that it may be abusable for no-stats. But I think a good design can prevent that.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

kizo
28-11-2010, 12:06 AM
Maybe an auto-teambalance can be implemented? Or something like a vote to decide wich player switches to the other team?

Gruufhai
28-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Sounds fair for me.

I agree, that is a major problem and this is a good solution to it. Whenever the game state drops to 5v3 or 3v2 (some might want to see a 4v3 here, but I guess we agree that 5v3 is definately unplayable so let's talk about that clear point) any further leaving should be completely unpunished. The winning team may get a few points.

Well I like the 2 leavers thing. HOWEVER there needs to be a reasonable time limit to this.

A timelimit? Why?
Same question differently put: Until which time / from which time on is a 5v3 actually well playable?
5v3 is no game at any time. Just end the thing and don't waste the time of those who didn't leave.