PDA

View Full Version : The unbalanced games must STOP

kizo
08-12-2010, 03:16 AM
Hello,

The unbalanced games seem to waste our time game after game. Leaving behind the leavers and noobs the unbalanced games makes you stay ingame for 30 minutes and not beeing able to play. The opponents to my dissapointment don`t remake the game for those pathetic 5 points.
As an example a captain made pick (bad picks) and in minute 3 he left the game. Another 1 left after 6 minutes and we had to play 40 minutes defending.
You have to stop this. I play for a good game not for points and i consider this beeing the most important matter after the server beeing up.
Some suggestions were given to solve this and something must be done.

Thank you

Mephisto
08-12-2010, 04:51 AM
all leavers are banned and we are doing our best to reduce numbers of leavers
the suggestion about unbalanced games discussed before

NeC.madchen
08-12-2010, 11:25 PM
You are right but rogers is only doing coding, and these days he had problems with chat server. He is having some plans already for fixing whole point system.

Gruufhai
09-12-2010, 02:48 AM
Yes, the point system has to be reworked. As now it benefits game-destroying behaviour. People force staying in "game" (3v5 or worse) for their +win points.

kizo
10-12-2010, 03:09 PM
You don`t seem to realise how serious this matter is.

One in three games is a remake and from those played 5 of 10 are unbalanced.

Every hour that passes without the problem beeing solved many players waste their time.

Think of that for a second and fix it.

x_T_c
11-12-2010, 01:37 AM
Well, balanceing games is problem for sure... Rogers alrdy make it to be auto before some times ago. I mean when 10 players come in game , bot auto set players to be balanced game. But , there is problem because MUCH ppl wanted to play with his friends. So, some times bot just wont pub players in same team, this maybe can be fixed in some future ,but for now rogers put off this auto balance system.

kizo
11-12-2010, 08:30 PM
I understand that auto-balance brings problems with friends playing in the same team but there has to be another way.
The votermk command should be active when there is a 2 player diffrence between teams and should be available for use with only 3 votes for the team that is incomplete.
I know that you did a great job developing this platform and that is not easy to code this but in my opinion is the most important thing beeing against the principle of the platform Ranked Gaming.
How can you play ranked gaming and have a good rank when you lose because of leavers?
How can you not flame the team that plays 5 vs 3 for the points only?
How can you blaim somebody who flames in this situation when hour after hour and game after game you have unbalanced teams and looses against weaker players who go 1 hit and run until they outnumber you?

Frag(-_-)Artist
11-12-2010, 10:11 PM
To be honest the autobalance thing wont fix anything and did not fixing anything either.

For myself having high points (2.2k) means that in every game i had in team 2x 1450-1480 (you can imagine) versus 3x solid 1600players.

The 80% of games in autobalance was me defending base 5v1 or something like that :-))

kizo
11-12-2010, 11:17 PM
You have a point here and i tend to agree with you. The problem is that we lose time playing 3 or 2 vs 5 and we dont leave because we are not leavers.
I strogly recommend that in case there is a 2 or 3 vs 5 game the votermk command should allow the 2 or 3 players team to remake the game.

Sir Rogers
12-12-2010, 08:34 PM
You have a point here and i tend to agree with you. The problem is that we lose time playing 3 or 2 vs 5 and we dont leave because we are not leavers.
I strogly recommend that in case there is a 2 or 3 vs 5 game the votermk command should allow the 2 or 3 players team to remake the game.

I can assure you that this will be the next change to the hostbots, the votermk command is inefficient and will be changed. I am currently moving back home for Christmas, so I won't have time to make the changes, plus the change that has been suggested should fix this, but will have to be implemented properly.

About the balancing, if someone has a perfect suggestion that would solve all of the problems, I'll happily implement is. There is no perfect solution, and I know that points don't represent skill or reliability, and I am not sure how to fix this.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

kizo
13-12-2010, 05:13 PM
I don`t know what a bot can do to give you a good suggestion.

The warning system makes me stop posting leavers. I dont spend time uploading for a freaking warning.

And the fact that you have 300 matches played and only left 20 it`s not a reason not to ban. This should be a strict rule for everyone. That user will be timebanned not banned forever. I dont care he is kind of a leaver or not, leave=timeban and no exceptions allowed.
After the first ban he will think twice before leaving another game, and those not capable to think twice after beeing timebanned are not needed to ruin games.