PDA

View Full Version : a suggestion to prevent massive teamstacking-abuse

LaoshRa
14-12-2010, 10:17 PM
in general, the 30% balance exp change makes up for the teamstacking. it seems fair as it is.

however, i just played a game with scourge having an estimated winchance of above 70%. it seems they were about 4 locked players, i was the lucky 5th guy. the problem is obvious: if the locked team has too many members it is impossible to balance the game without ripping the teamstacking apart.
of course you could just leave the game before it starts, but some ppl are afk or semi-afk in pregame so they won't notice this abuse in time.

this is why i suggest: make it impossible to start the game if the handycap gets too extreme.

e.g. if a team has more than 60% chance to win the game, post a message and let the game wait until new players arrive or some locks are lifted. this way you can still play as a team of 4 or even 5, but you have to wait for decent challengers to show up.

Pthirus_pubis
14-12-2010, 10:32 PM
in general, the 30% balance exp change makes up for the teamstacking. it seems fair as it is.

however, i just played a game with scourge having an estimated winchance of above 70%. it seems they were about 4 locked players, i was the lucky 5th guy. the problem is obvious: if the locked team has too many members it is impossible to balance the game without ripping the teamstacking apart.
of course you could just leave the game before it starts, but some ppl are afk or semi-afk in pregame so they won't notice this abuse in time.

this is why i suggest: make it impossible to start the game if the handycap gets too extreme.

e.g. if a team has more than 60% chance to win the game, post a message and let the game wait until new players arrive or some locks are lifted. this way you can still play as a team of 4 or even 5, but you have to wait for decent challengers to show up.

now go i league with a 3 man team of estimated 130kexp (with the 30%) and try to balance them
minimum in league atm is about 7k makes team 1 (in the best case) 144kexp
so u need 5 30k players to balance (for about 50%) and that would probably take a week of waiting

and these numbers arent completly made up by me >.>

LaoshRa
14-12-2010, 10:43 PM
well then play against each other instead? imagine the 5 best league players would always play as a team because they know that there is no way they could ever lose a game this way... that probably won't happen but i think you get my point.
also, i'm not asking for a perfect balance here. make it 70% or even beyond that if you like. definately too high imo, but it should still help.
supporting teamplay is fine, but i think the actual quality of the games is more important. ofc you could get a lot of points if you are lucky enough to win such a game, but most of the games will be very one-sided, thus boring.

hans2
14-12-2010, 11:39 PM
actually div was hc limited before so u could not start when too high winchance
problem is that the game tend to stuck as the mates wait endless time for better players show up to be able to start game
i think the stacking system is fine as it is now and even u lose 70% its no big problem as the stacked team has high exp malus

in extreme u can get negative points for win when u play high stacked with all op heroes

SIark.
15-12-2010, 12:56 AM
the game was always decided at 55% already, even though its also based on exp. strange that its working. when im gm, i dont start > 53%

Aravis
17-12-2010, 02:02 AM
In playall/low stuff high hc doesnt matter. But i hate to play against a team >60% , its weird but the bots prediction is mostly working. Also wouldnt mind not beeing able to start if it gets too extreme.

If a team locks itself in league, they shouldnt mind the competition getting real opponents and not just an easy win for their stats.

a10d15
17-12-2010, 03:49 PM
If players stacking , thye dont care about getting many exp for this game.They care for their game-enjoyment playing with teammates. If you play here w/o mates = its not dota , its piece of shit without support heroes and warding.
Find mates and play vs stacks as much as its possible.This way u will know real dota , based on team play.

Pthirus_pubis
17-12-2010, 07:12 PM
If players stacking , thye dont care about getting many exp for this game.They care for their game-enjoyment playing with teammates. If you play here w/o mates = its not dota , its piece of shit without support heroes and warding.
Find mates and play vs stacks as much as its possible.This way u will know real dota , based on team play.
if u want a stacked team league there are already others better suited

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

well then play against each other instead? imagine the 5 best league players would always play as a team because they know that there is no way they could ever lose a game this way... that probably won't happen but i think you get my point.
also, i'm not asking for a perfect balance here. make it 70% or even beyond that if you like. definately too high imo, but it should still help.
supporting teamplay is fine, but i think the actual quality of the games is more important. ofc you could get a lot of points if you are lucky enough to win such a game, but most of the games will be very one-sided, thus boring.

there are 2 possibility, make a max hc and some teams wont be able to play div anymore or make the max hc so high that they can wich is pretty much the same as no max hc at all

Schiggy
17-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Cool, so i can't play with mate. But others with low xp can play 5players together because their xp is low. U can easy change it. 1 High palyer vouch the rest. So the balance is low gg. We can start a new thread about .vouch