PDA

View Full Version : Some improvements for matchmaking system

eXitus
20-12-2010, 02:24 PM
hi there!
i just want to throw in some ideas, how you could improve the matchmaking better and more comfortable for the players.

first of all - remove those fucking observer slots, at least for the -safelow, -safehigh and -playall games.
they are just annoying and confusing, especially when you get swapped to obs seconds before the game is started! i mean, who the hell wants to see some noobs playing anyway? league games are way more interesting.

next - all that swapping, kicking, again swapping, again kicking and shit is totally annoying.
why not just waiting until all the 10 slots (yeah, 10! without those damn observer slots) are filled, then checking, balancing ON THE PLAYERS THERE and then starting the game. if someone leaves during this, just WAIT a few seconds after someone joined and THEN balance again. its totally confusing to get swapped 4-5 times in 2 seconds cause some idiots join the wrong game or instantly leave again.

last - the gm: first player that joins the game and is allowed to play it, becomes gm - and keeps it!! if he leaves, the player with the highest exp becomes gm, just like now.

i guess this would make it a lot more easy for most players...and ofc less confusing.

SIark.
20-12-2010, 06:00 PM
1. your confused when obs are ingame? don't know why, but if you rly are: .kickobs - everybody can kick them now

2. it is a league so all this "swapping and kicking" is actually to improve the game since mostly the guys with higher exp are better. so the matchmaking even worsen through your suggestion

eXitus
20-12-2010, 06:26 PM
well, i dont think you really understand what i meant.

i didnt say that the observers are confusing, i said that those SLOTS are completely unneeded. the pre-game phase would be less troubling and especially less annoying, cause i HATE to get swapped to fuckin observer just before the game starts. something like this wouldnt happen if there were no observer slots at all.

and i know that all this "kicking and swapping" is for balance. i just stated, that it would be better to just slow down a bit, for instance: all slots are full -> balance -> start! without kicking players for others and such shit (only if they are not allowed to play). if someone leaves, wait for a new player -> wait 2-3 seconds -> balance again -> start and so on....

i hope this makes things more clear...

Bobby_gBG
20-12-2010, 10:17 PM
first of all - remove those fucking observer slots, at least for the -safelow, -safehigh and -playall games.

ts totally confusing to get swapped 4-5 times in 2 seconds cause some idiots join the wrong game or instantly leave again.

last - the gm: first player that joins the game and is allowed to play it, becomes gm - and keeps it!! if he leaves, the player with the highest exp becomes gm, just like now..No and No and NO.
If u start as observer - leave the game and join the next one
If you get "swapped 4-5 times" - its because players with HIGH exp join the game. If a low exp player joins no one will get swapped so they are not idiots by default,
And not, the first player joined can not be a GM. Imagine he is a total retard noob who don't understands English. A high exp player usually understands English (well not necessarily...)

And for finish - it is not really that confusing, the .gm just needs to write .start. Nothing more, nothing less. Players who want to play together just write .lock and are not moved from their spots.

What I can propose - make the people with 0 games not kickable from safelow when a higher exp player joins. Only players with at least 3 games can be kicked for low exp - it is so epicly hard to start the first games in Div, when you have very low exp, everyone should have the right of 3 games to prove himself, and not pray on the luck to be able to start.

Pthirus_pubis
21-12-2010, 02:01 AM
well, i dont think you really understand what i meant.

i didnt say that the observers are confusing, i said that those SLOTS are completely unneeded. the pre-game phase would be less troubling and especially less annoying, cause i HATE to get swapped to fuckin observer just before the game starts. something like this wouldnt happen if there were no observer slots at all.

and i know that all this "kicking and swapping" is for balance. i just stated, that it would be better to just slow down a bit, for instance: all slots are full -> balance -> start! without kicking players for others and such shit (only if they are not allowed to play). if someone leaves, wait for a new player -> wait 2-3 seconds -> balance again -> start and so on....

i hope this makes things more clear...

well since this is a leage ofc u get swapped for someone better, thats like saying lets remove the exp... if u want to play total random teams go play standart public games?
and the obs slots are necessary for the balancing and upgrading as far as i know and i dont see anything bad about them

SIark.
21-12-2010, 05:41 AM
well if ur arent swapped to obsslot, u will be kicked so no difference

ur suggestions make div just normal pub, which are more annoying imo

the only thing what really would be fair is, like i have said already and bobby's saying, to ?auto-vouch? players with less than x games