PDA

View Full Version : Ideas

kizo
27-12-2010, 02:23 AM
It`s really hard for me to give a suggestion not knowing what is possible to code and what is not.

- Can the computer select the team captain the one with the highest points?
- Can the camputer end the game when a two player diffrenece is detected between teams? (like votermk "This game will be remade")
- Can there be a ban history in the profile of each player? (like 26.12.2010 timebanned for maphack)
- Can you change the !votekick system so a player under 1500 can get kicked? (i really dont understand how can you have below 1500 points)
- Can you receive a vouch without clan war replay? ( i play only public so no chance for vouch on some channels, 5 public replay i think is more than enough)
- Can you make 1 europe channel named europe higher? (entry over 1600 points or so)
- Can you make the scores ingame before game starts in 2 columns? (Scourge and sentinel descending from the highest points) An average could be added here.
- Can you leave the forum history to see the old bans? I post a ban and then it`s not there. I would like to see what punishment was given when it was solved.

Regards,

kizo

x_T_c
27-12-2010, 02:46 AM
Well, i will try to answer some one this questions :)
- Can the computer select the team captain the one with the highest points? = We have discused about this much times ago, but this is not easy if you put that guy , some times ppl just wont be capitans, some times 2 higer accessed guys are mates and want to play together , etc etc there is much more reasons ,what make us to think more about that. But , all in all this is not bad idea, and i think that rogers can make it witouth problem.
- Can the camputer end the game when a two player diffrenece is detected between teams? (like votermk "This game will be remade") = .
- Can there be a ban history in the profile of each player? (like 26.12.2010 timebanned for maphack) = Well, i think that banhistory is enough withouth adding on profile... But, will see maybe rogers will like this idea.
- Can you change the !votekick system so a player under 1500 can get kicked? (i really dont understand how can you have below 1500 points) = Hmmm i am not sure about that.
- Can you receive a vouch without clan war replay? ( i play only public so no chance for vouch on some channels, 5 public replay i think is more than enough) = Well, this questions is compicated :D Depentes where you are requesting for, There is some channels where you dont need to have cw replays to can get vouched. Dr.community for example. DGL , also mid skill league , just to got some replays etc etc...
- Can you make 1 europe channel named europe higher? (entry over 1600 points or so) = I got that in plan to told rogers, i mean i have thinked about that before a few weeks ago, but he was just to busy, when he got some free time i will tlak more with him , then we will make smth like that.
- Can you make the scores ingame before game starts in 2 columns? (Scourge and sentinel descending from the highest points) An average could be added here. = Well, this is also fine idea , to can ppl see how much percent scourge and sentinel got to win game.
- Can you leave the forum history to see the old bans? I post a ban and then it`s not there. I would like to see what punishment was given when it was solved. = Well, i dont know mate , i will do smht for sure, problem is some times ppl just cotnact me , why my ban request is deleted , why this guy is not banned etc etc . Every ban request is solved or denied, and there is no deleted requests. When thread is posted, there is 1-2 days or more if requests are complicated and , after this 1-2 days rgc staff solve ban request. Then after this i Closed Thread and let this open 24h or some times smaller like 18-19-20 hours, then after this i move that to archive ( where nobody can see that. maybe i will make subofurms in ban requests like Granted and Denied. )

Sir Rogers
27-12-2010, 03:21 AM
It`s really hard for me to give a suggestion not knowing what is possible to code and what is not.

Just suggest and I'll comment. :-)

- Can the computer select the team captain the one with the highest points? Yes. In fact this is coded already but the majority of the players didn't like the autobalance system so I removed it after 24h. The autobalance is missing a !lock feature, after I code that I will try it again.

- Can the camputer end the game when a two player diffrenece is detected between teams? (like votermk "This game will be remade")
Yes, but I don't want to implement a player-difference checking system. We gotta see how the current changes to the votermk command go. The reason is simple: It can bring unwanted side-effects. All signed games are 10 players. But there could be custom 3v3, 1v1 games or different maps. I am thinking of introducing vampirism, I've been PM'd be a few players about vampirism and I think I'll go contact the bnet hosters to see what's doable. My point is that I'd like to keep the bots open to changes. However if a viable solution involves this sort of playerchecking then the answer is that it's doable.

Can there be a ban history in the profile of each player? (like 26.12.2010 timebanned for maphack)
You mentioned maphack. I have someone who is working on an anti-cheat for RGC, however he is very busy at work. The anti-cheat was supposed to be done in September, he just had to work so much that he didn't have any time to finish it. So that's work in progress. Cheaters will be automatically perma-banned once that is up.

Can you change the !votekick system so a player under 1500 can get kicked? (i really dont understand how can you have below 1500 points)

You start out with 1500 games, if you lose your first few games then you're already under 1500. I may change the !votekick system to include leaver flags (people who disced in at least one of their 10 last games, or something alike).

- Can you receive a vouch without clan war replay? ( i play only public so no chance for vouch on some channels, 5 public replay i think is more than enough)

I'm sorry I can't answer that question. I have completely withdrawn from managing channels and vouching, because I simply don't have the time. So I am not aware of what requirements the different channels have at the moment.

- Can you make 1 europe channel named europe higher? (entry over 1600 points or so)
Yes, but it will need a lot of fundamental code changes and I am not sure yet how I would code this. I will need to give it some thinking. The suggestions is in one of the possible implementations area right now :-)

- Can you make the scores ingame before game starts in 2 columns? (Scourge and sentinel descending from the highest points) An average could be added here.

The autobalance system has this. I don't think a game which won't use autobalance needs this. Autobalance is planned for all channels except those that don't want it, once the !lock is complete.

- Can you leave the forum history to see the old bans? I post a ban and then it`s not there. I would like to see what punishment was given when it was solved.

The forum system is bad, it takes a lot of time for the users, and a lot of time for the admins. You'll have a website based report system, where you log in with your RGC username and password. You get a list of your games, you select a game and it gives you all players that were inside, a game summary. You select the player and you write up your report. You will still need to save the replay, since the system won't have that at the moment, this might change in the future.

You will also be able to see your currently open and your resolved reports, including the verdict of the admin that handled it. This report system is actually what I'm working on right now.

I hope that answers your questions for now. Feel free to ask/suggest more :-)

Regards,
Sir Rogers

kizo
27-12-2010, 08:10 AM
About the columns i meant something like this picture added. Making it easyer to see player scores and to evaluate teams. Dunno if this is possible. Just an ideea.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1897/pic1kc.png

Regards

kizo