PDA

View Full Version : RGC problem

Misty
30-12-2010, 02:53 PM
I have a big problem, and it has been caused by RGC patcher I believe. When I downloaded it yesterday my antivirus(avira) screamed that it is some kind of virus or unwanted program, since I had RGC earlier and it worked well I thought it would be ok if I set it as "always allow" so it worked yesterday evening.
But today when I started my pc I got into deep shit, suddenly 20 rgc updater windows pop-ed up and totally screwed my pc, it looks like it blocked some other programs in my pc including avira and I don't know what the hell am I suposed to do. Like the only program I can run is google chrome(even mozzila is blocked) wtf is this?

ps. I downloaded it from official RGC site, and yes I am 100% sure this was caused by some stuff that was extracted from RGC file.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

When I try to run some program it gives me the "open with" option, for other programs it returns:
"C:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe
Application not found"

So my whole pc is fucked up coz of that stupid patcher...

Sir Rogers
30-12-2010, 06:08 PM
I have a big problem, and it has been caused by RGC patcher I believe. When I downloaded it yesterday my antivirus(avira) screamed that it is some kind of virus or unwanted program, since I had RGC earlier and it worked well I thought it would be ok if I set it as "always allow" so it worked yesterday evening.
But today when I started my pc I got into deep shit, suddenly 20 rgc updater windows pop-ed up and totally screwed my pc, it looks like it blocked some other programs in my pc including avira and I don't know what the hell am I suposed to do. Like the only program I can run is google chrome(even mozzila is blocked) wtf is this?

ps. I downloaded it from official RGC site, and yes I am 100% sure this was caused by some stuff that was extracted from RGC file.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

When I try to run some program it gives me the "open with" option, for other programs it returns:
"C:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe
Application not found"

So my whole pc is fucked up coz of that stupid patcher...

That cannot be, as the patcher does nothing to touch other files outside of the RGC folder. Did you put RGC into your startup folder? Or why would 20 of them popup at reboot of your PC?

You may have gotten a virus from somewhere else, if you get the "Open With" problem then a virus probably edited the registry.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

Misty
03-01-2011, 12:47 AM
In that case would you be so kind to explain me this? This happened after reinstallig my system (HD formated).
And no, I'm not the only one that have this problem.

NeC.madchen
03-01-2011, 05:16 PM
After formating your disk, did you installed antivirus(up-to-date) before visiting first web site?

Misty
03-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Isn't that obvious?

Sir Rogers
04-01-2011, 08:04 AM
Please re-download RGC from www.rankedgaming.com/client/RGC.zip
I have re-compiled the executables and that seems to have magically fixed the problem.

I've checked it on virustotal.com, but I'd like you to confirm that the software now detects RGC as clean.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

Misty
04-01-2011, 09:06 AM
It works perfectly now, thanks.