PDA

View Full Version : Name change?

High|laf
12-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Playing Dr.Pub is indeed hard job for a players that are good(relative) in dota, so i had to play 30 games to enter Dr.community but playing pubs pubs for whole week and i found out myself with 12 games only :// cause 60% games are !votermked cause leavers noobs etc ( or was just my bad luck). So i decided to try the IVR feature and a friend invited me..and yes no matter how much nubs are playing Dr.comm still the game lvl is indeed higher (i'd say descent)....but thats not my POINT.

My point is...from personal reasons i dislike the current nick i am using "laf" so i wanted to change it, asked few of the admins and was told that Sir-Rogers is making a new feature so we can change nick automaticcly without the help of admins...so i was patient and waited.

The new feature is implemented now...and was happy about it till i realized its money based :/.
Its not like its hell of a money, and i understand you need money cause i read all you wrote about how you are working 100% alone about the platform and is indeed better place than garena, and i repeat you need those money to improve our gameplay, BUT I live in a country where 95% of the minors don't have paypal/credit cards and i am in those 95% and there is no way i can donate for the client...untill i get 18, but still don't get it why THE NICK CHANGE is money based everything else but this , in every other league/platform you can change your nick or transfer access and unvouch the last.
Its not like my reason to change is points not at all, i simply dislike this NICK ( maybe it reminds me of something bad) and don't want to play on it...so tell me do i need to create a new nick and play again in the HELL ( which i call DR.pub) so i can get in Dr.comm/ih/DGL or you will consider this :).

I repeat understand why you need donations and was even surprised you haven't implemented donation system till now, but indeed nick change should not be in that system.

Regards.

Ragnesis
12-01-2011, 11:11 PM
I will post here as a DR staff member, and i'll only highlight the isue with making a new account - you'r banhistory stays, and we do no allow multis. So yeah, as sad as it is, i'm afraid you'r stuck with this nick :(

High|laf
13-01-2011, 12:40 AM
You don't get my point...whatever i don't like to MULTI just don't want to play on this.....anyway there is no way i can pay trought internet so yea..:S

Sir Rogers
13-01-2011, 07:10 AM
I can try to see if I can find a way to do it with mobile phone transactions, via SMS.

The reason for name change wasn't actually the money. I am not planning to finance the servers by charging 1 euro for a name change. People won't need it that often. I used the 1euro as a limitation, it was the easiest to code for me. Otherwise I would have needed to build a timer, and checks, to make sure you can only rename once every week or another time period. It would've added a lot of additional work that I don't have time for, and I cannot let everyone change their names whenever they want to, how often they want to. The name change is a costly process on the server side and it has to be limited. There is no other way.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

High|laf
13-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Yea, as i said its not significant amount of money, just i can't pay trought internet cause no paypal/credit card.....1 euro is shit i can afford it ofcourse :)) just my problem is i can't via net :)) , and ty for explanation, wish you luck with donations cos 1 way or other money solve many problems and save a lot of time :))) thx.

Sir Rogers
13-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Yea, as i said its not significant amount of money, just i can't pay trought internet cause no paypal/credit card.....1 euro is shit i can afford it ofcourse :)) just my problem is i can't via net :)) , and ty for explanation, wish you luck with donations cos 1 way or other money solve many problems and save a lot of time :))) thx.

Do you have these paysafecards in your country?

High|laf
13-01-2011, 05:40 PM
I am not sure what is that :S sorry , i live in Macedonia, i have 17 years old, and i don't have my own source to earn money :)) so i take from my parents but i take cash : ))) so thats the problem i am not sure what should i do to have paypal/credit card/ or any kind of money on the net :)))