PDA

View Full Version : Problem with rgcp.exe.

Snjolfur
22-02-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm using Kaspersky and every time I try to copy the Ranked gaming client folder from RGC.zip the anti-virus gives me a message that rgcp.exe includes suspicious software HackTool.Win32.BruteForce.iu.

This is the same problem that was posted in this thread (http://www.mymgn.com/board/showthread.php?56351-Problem-with-antivirus&highlight=problem+anti).

The guy also has Kaspersky so I'm wondering if this has something to do with that. If I delete RGC.zip and the Ranked gaming client folder, Karspersky tells me that all threats have been neutralized. That plus the fact that two people have now received the same threat detection in the same file from the same anti-virus program make it highly unlikely that this is something I've picked up somewhere else as suggested by the RGC staff member in the other post.

Also, I downloaded from the official site and I've deleted and re-downloaded a few times now.

Any suggestions as to what might be the problem?

Mephisto
22-02-2011, 09:12 PM
try to add rgcp.exe as safelisted. If you still have the problem what i suggest to you, remove kaspersky cz it find all tools that are classified as potential viruses not real viruses so, it can detect non-viruses and i assure that rgc is clean

Snjolfur
22-02-2011, 09:29 PM
It was already listed as a trusted application. But I've managed to fix this by adding an exception to Kaspersky on rgcp.exe so it just doesn't scan it. Thanks anyway.