PDA

View Full Version : A FEW VERY IMPORTANT SUGGESTIONS. PLZ READ

Dotor
02-03-2011, 05:54 PM
I talked about this with one of ur admins, but decided to post here as well. Because I plan on playing over RGC, I hope it gets a much better client.
Things of highest priority:
- A balance mode. Where it will balance teams acording to SCORE AND WIN RATIO. Your admin said that you had it before, but I cant understand a reason of removing it. He said people wanted to play with friends. Ok, do it this way, when you chose to sign for a game, make an option cmtb (aptb, sdtb and etc) and problem solved.
- One small thing that would be good, when new player join the game automaticaly display their score, ping and maybe leave count (as in iCCUP client)
- And integrate item hotkeys in rgc (again as in ICCUP client), that would be nice.

When I think of something else I will update...

nF.Hellspawn
02-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Cause points suck. Period.

Worst display of skill after the traditional "LOOK AT HIS SCORE".

Dotor
02-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Thats why I said POINTS AND WIN RATIO!!!

Mephisto
02-03-2011, 07:17 PM
1st most of users posted to remove this balance and they are happy with this, if you don't like your team you can just leave the game and sign for a new 1, and if you are skilled player and you want to play with high skilled ppl you can apply to some leagues or communities
2nd !deny for me it will just spam the lobby
3rd mb roger will add this feature but there is many important thing to work on first

Sir Rogers
02-03-2011, 07:24 PM
- A balance mode. Where it will balance teams acording to SCORE AND WIN RATIO. Your admin said that you had it before, but I cant understand a reason of removing it. He said people wanted to play with friends. Ok, do it this way, when you chose to sign for a game, make an option cmtb (aptb, sdtb and etc) and problem solved.

The autobalance systme should be working, and so should the team lock system, but I didn't have time yet to test it properly and I don't want to deploy something that may not be stable. I'm working on fixing up the current rare reconnect bugs first, and making the bots stable, then work on lock.

Anyway I have planned an out-of-game matchmaking system for the future, so the sign system will eventually be removed and replaced with an automated system that allows you to play with your friends against equally skilled players.

What does -tb do?

- One small thing that would be good, when new player join the game automaticaly display their score, ping and maybe leave count (as in iCCUP client)

That's possible, I will probably add a leave % in the future. Pings can't be displayed right away, since RGC isn't using a battle.net interface.

- And integrate item hotkeys in rgc (again as in ICCUP client), that would be nice.

Unfortunately I don't think that's do-able. I would have to tamper with the wc3 files, do injection to make it a valid solution, which is against the Blizzard ToS. RGC is 100% legal and I want to keep it that way.

If you come up with more, don't hesitate to ask. I'm always looking for user feedback and suggestions.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

Dotor
02-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Well finaly a decent answer and I thank you for it. I`m very pleased that you are working on improving RGC. Hope that the matchmaking system turns well then.
tb, its nothing, I just named, for example, the mod cmtb (tb meaning for team balance)
@hellspawn and mephisto: Yes, I know that there are leagues and IH if you want more skilled play, but pub games should not be neglected either. And you said that suggestion #2 would just spam the lobby, its not like that. Now is the lobby more spamed, casue everyone types !points !ping constantly.
About sugg #3: Yes, I understand. Too bad for it then.
Thats it for now, when I come up with something else I will post it.

Mephisto
03-03-2011, 12:55 PM
we will be glad to hear it

NeC.madchen
03-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Anyway I have planned an out-of-game matchmaking system for the future, so the sign system will eventually be removed and replaced with an automated system that allows you to play with your friends against equally skilled players.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

I like this, since current system is not not flexible(if you ask me). Sign system should be changed so it have option for team sign, solo sign, playing with 1,2 team mates etc. Also pointing system should be at least changeable for head admins, so they can set up own system.

x_T_c
03-03-2011, 07:12 PM
1- We have this balance system before ,but we removed this ,because much ppl complain, and also there is always ppl who want to play with his mate, so this balance can make problem.
2- i dont know how much this is needed, all of this you can check in lobby witouth adding this, only we can add this ,, leave rate '' ( but this also can be detected by points :D ).
3- Rogers answered.

Dotor
05-03-2011, 07:56 PM
I will add this on top of my current thread... Its about the friend system. How about adding a search option to the main window (which searches for player names - both online and offline) and allows you same options like they were highlighted and right clicked? Im telling this just because its easier to add friends that way. And when you added someone he should get a notification with an option of adding u back (ofc this notification should be as less troubling as possible, because of admins and staff who maybe get added all time).
The second thing is: the friend list should be somehow integrated into the sidebar to the left (on the main rgc window), there is too much unused place (at least in my case :)

Sir Rogers
05-03-2011, 10:42 PM
I will add this on top of my current thread... Its about the friend system. How about adding a search option to the main window (which searches for player names - both online and offline) and allows you same options like they were highlighted and right clicked? Im telling this just because its easier to add friends that way. And when you added someone he should get a notification with an option of adding u back (ofc this notification should be as less troubling as possible, because of admins and staff who maybe get added all time).
The second thing is: the friend list should be somehow integrated into the sidebar to the left (on the main rgc window), there is too much unused place (at least in my case :)

The first searching for users thing, is a nice idea, but it will take a lot of time to integrate into the client. I already have web-based code for that. I am actually considering to move a lot of the personal functionality, such as profile, looking for people, to a website, because it is easier and much faster to deploy and change. If you think that's a bad idea and we should have a UI version as well, please let me know.

About the space, actually it's funny, because everything used to be in the main window, and there wasn't enough space, so I started putting things inside. The friendslist used to be in a tab with the rooms list and the current rooms/whispers etc. Also another reason for making it its own window is because it may expand in the future: friend profile avatars, more info about their status, etc...

Also about that looking for people feature, where would you place it in the client?
I thought about removing all of the users in the roomlist and just adding those that actively talk, admins, friends and those people that you search for in a search box above the userlist. What do you think about that?

Regards,
Sir Rogers

Dotor
05-03-2011, 11:57 PM
I dont have much experience to answer that question (if its better to have profile database integrated into the program or in a website). I would say that website offers you more flexibility and possibility to create more complex profiles and it would separate the work into 2 different parts, which is then easier to handle, as you said it. But definitely it would be nice to have an extremely simple UI profile on the client and this search player option (for first time adding, it saves a lot of time).
At the moment I think that it would be good to have the friends list at the bottom lower half of the main client screen (bellow the channels), it could display only online, ingame and away friends. This is all just for easyer tracking, its not that much important. (and when it expands like you said, you can always move it back to its own tab)
About the third thing... Now RGC looks like IRC client. The question is do you want it to stay that way or want it to go towards focused groups of people (as you said) and the real question is what is better. Honestly I dont see the reason why should I see all players in room. An idea just fell to me, maybe the search option could give you a list of all players in room. So if someone would want that could easy access that data. I would say, displaying only "important" users should be enough. So now you can cut that bar (with players in room) in half and make 2 thing out of it (if you have any need for second). Another thing I wanted to say in previous post but forgot.
You could make friends display on the very top (under the admins ofc) of the current players in room list and mark them with a color (this is an alternative to making its own friends list place, and is simple solution I think)
Almost forgot, about the search option place, maybe add it on the current friend menu until you find it a global purpose.
"I thought about removing all of the users in the roomlist and just adding those that actively talk, admins, friends and those people that you search for in a search box above the userlist. What do you think about that?" -> Thats pretty much how I imagined it.
HUH :)

Cool_Story_breh
07-03-2011, 03:16 AM
good idea but not easy