PDA

View Full Version : Food for Thought

Kira_2010
03-03-2011, 10:56 AM
In reply to Sir Rogers on Frag Artists post entiltes 'new rules:
Actually, High Level Rooms sounds like a good idea. I'm sure this will help pull more players from garena over to RGC as well as give players the opportunity to play higher skilled games without having to apply for leagues which they may not be ready for. Despite the fact you don't solve the problems of DC and leavers I am sure there is a high enough correlation between experience in games played and likely they are to leave a game and d/c (especially assuming you need a point threshold in which to enter the room, since these deduct losses and dcs ---> making it an even better system of judging players).

However I don't know if RGC has a big enough pool of players with enough experience to make a HLR appropriate, not to mention the admin involved to create such a room, decide on point thresholds and then control bans and crap.

Generally in public though noobs have to be tolerated and the best way to cope is to laugh it off or make a couple of friends and stomp lol then you know you won't be without a courier frag xD Generally i like the ban system on here, I think it is much fairer than the garena hlr system of banning for months on end for a leave. Much more proportionate here.

Also, since we are on the topic, why doesn't the sticky on the forum state anything about how ban times are decided based on the seriousness of the offence and what time it occurs in the game. I think the punishments need to be clearly displayed for the public not just to the admins themselves (I don't know if they can be found elsewhere on the site but it would make sense to have it here too). The other thing that confuses me is the warnings rule. By what amount are timebans increased after certain amounts of warnings? How many warnings until your final warning? Do warnings reset after a certain time period if you stop offending for while ( if they don't I think they definately should since if u r on your final warning for leaving as an example, it doesn't seem fair if you then stop leaving until a month or two later and then you are banned for a month)? More clarity on the issue would help a lot to ensure public players ( and maybe others in leagues) are aware of punishments and to know that they are not simply being banned by however much the admin feels like at the time.

In addition to all of this, I think admins who I assume have to go through replay after replay should be given a system more similar to that of garena by using screen shots for leavers instead of replays, provided the screenshot shows the time of leave. However replays must also be attatched for the purposes of veryifying that a genuine problem occured that can be forgiven if they ask for an unban request. That way leavers can be banned based on leave time on screen shot and the replay only needs to be checked if that player has a genuine excuse. Despite the likely increase in unban requests I think that overall this would save a lot of admin work. But obviously I don't know if the current system is used for credibility purposes on making sure the party is guilty.

The pultimate issue I have at the moment is the fact that if all opponents leave without !ff, you must continue the game to destroy the throne in order to get points. RGC needs to incorporate a system that automatically allocates the points to the players left and close the game so players don't have to bore themselves watching the throne fall for the millionth time without any opponents to rampage on :D

The last thing to add is a minor detail which is that I think in the sticky for ban requests etc. it would be helpful to some new players to simply have links they can use so that they can attach replays for bans onto the websites and post the links in their ban requests.

Thanks for your time, I hope this all makes sense

Antidepresiv
04-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Regarding the second part of your post, i don;t see why you need to know how we issue our bans, and what system we use to do it, to sum it up, there is one, but it's internal, and it will stay that way.

Our job, doesn't have to be public, we do everything and agree everything among ourselves. There will be a set of general rules implemented soon, in which you will be able to see what is banable and what isn't, but for now, anyone who folows common sense, will have no problem with the bans.

Regarding the first part of you'r post, RGC has player material for high level rooms, thats why there is a HLR.known, which has good players. We had a suggestion to add users with 2.5k and more points to it, on auto, but thats just smtin that can wait, until other things are sorted. Slowly RGC is advancing in the separation process of skilled users and less skilled ones, but it takes time, we surely don't want to do it like Garena, where "high level" is 70 percent based on the time you stayed on the client, and your gold member status.

There are alot of good suggestions, and good things to do, but only the things that we discuss and agree on, pass and get released into general public, other things wait, until we get a good idea, how to implement them and make them of use for everyone on the client.

-Anti

Kira_2010
04-03-2011, 10:49 PM
My suggestion on more open banning rules and regulations on being available to the public was simply an issue for clarity and ensure that certain admins could not make unfair bans on players they don't like or something. Openness is just generally accepted as a good thing in my opinion. However, I don't have any particular qualms with RGC ruling myself, I think they come across as very fair and proportional and I'm sure you ensure punishment to those found to be potentially abusing etc. My suggestions were only on efficiency, obviously as a layman to the system I don't know the specifics of how they are done, obviously if you have reasons of doing it the way you do for credibility purposes that is fine (as I say I don't know)

Also I don't mean to compare to garena, as i mentioned RGC does not operate in the same way in that you have to have wins to gain points with losses and leaves negating these points making it a much more efficient system of basing a point threshold in which players can join HLR.

Sorry just wanted to clear up some miscommunication we may have had, I wasn't attacking RGC or suggesting its sytem should work as garena does, I like it here. RGC has very proportional ban system and i like the way it operates generally. Keep up the good work ^^

Antidepresiv
06-03-2011, 11:29 PM
I came a bit strong in my post, but it wasn't my intention to do so. What i'm saying is that we issue our bans on 100 percent certanty, in most cases, and since we are not machines, and only humans, we might be wrong sometimes, but thats rare like the white tiger in Africa.

Openness is an advantage, that we practise each day, because we do not hide from the users, we are there to answer any questions, or solve any problems that need solving. Openness can also be a vunerability, because every open code, or fact, or system in time shows a hole that can be exploited, thats why i think the secrets should stay secrets, for the sole point of asking questions, the more you ask, and you are forced to ask, the better you learn, and apprechiate everything that is done, or yet to be done.

Who knows, mby we will be more open in the future, that is the plan anyway, but all those things need to get done systematicly, if you get what i mean. If you have any other suggestions about how things should work, or questions how do they work, whisper me on the client, and i will be more than happy to answer them.

-Anti

Kira_2010
07-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Thank you very much for taking the time the reply back. I'm happy with that answer and I'll leave you guys alone for a while xD.

Cheers.