PDA

View Full Version : Problem with RGC - random connection timeouts during gameplay

John-Smith
03-03-2011, 11:50 PM
Hi,

I'm a student and I have my Internet Connection provived by the network administrators from my campus. The ISP is probably ROEDU, Bucharest, Romania.

The problem is that during the games played on RGC, everybody (every student having the same connection as me - about 20.000 students) has random freezes - much like a timeout issue.

For the fun of it, I tried running a game on Garena, Dotalicious, and other platforms and everything is fine there.

Can something be done about this from your part?
Do we need to make additional settings in order to have smooth, lag-free RGC games?

Thanks!
PS: If you need aditional information about my internet connection I will provide them.

Sir Rogers
04-03-2011, 01:14 AM
First of all, did you play in the Romania room or the Europe Public one?

Secondly, what is your problem? You get random timeouts during the game every ... 2 games, 5 games, or multiple times per game every game? A little more description would help and what the actual problem is that you're experiencing.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

John-Smith
04-03-2011, 01:45 AM
First of all, did you play in the Romania room or the Europe Public one?

Secondly, what is your problem? You get random timeouts during the game every ... 2 games, 5 games, or multiple times per game every game? A little more description would help and what the actual problem is that you're experiencing.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

1. Romania Room
2. Random timeouts in each and every game. No error message appears, but the game freezes for a while (1-5 seconds) and returns to normal. It;s not a FPS issue as 70% of the time it runs smoothly. The other 30% is delays/freezes.
3. I was thinking that this is probably a lack of "compatibility" between the hosting servers for Romania and the network I am connected to. I am not an IT&Tech guy so I can't figure out much of this. Like I said, everything else works fine, except for RGC hosted games...

IPv4 address - 141.85.0.97
Subnet mask - 255.255.255.255
IPv4 DNS servers - 10.30.10.242
ISP of my IP: RoEduNet

I thought maybe you could run some tests to see if there is a problem between my network and yours.
One of the admins for Romania chanel told me that he "pinged ttl on my IP and it doesn't work properly". I don;'t know what that means exactly :D

Thanks again!

John-Smith
06-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Apparently everything is ok now.
Dunno how, though!

:Straight face:

Thanks anyway!