PDA

View Full Version : Fix me

kizo
14-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Hello,

As i posted before there are 2 major problems to be solved costing us lots of hours of bad gaming.

1. Votermk command. Player exits min 8, votermk needs 7 votes opposite team refuse votermk for points waste an hour of my time.

2. Minimap colours. Since Rogers added the RGC bot the minimap colour shifted and every game you lose towers because players can`t see where creeps are.

Please fix this as soon as possible.

Thank you

Mephisto
14-03-2011, 08:53 PM
for the first 1, votermk fine in some ways and bad in other ways, it's fine cz ppl are playing pub and they signed and waited the game to start for 5 min and then they played 8 min so it's not cool to waste 15 min to have a remake, don't tell me it's better than wasting 40 min to continue the game i know that but it's public channel ppl play here for fun, if u want to play with skilled ppl you can make some vouch request and apply to some leagues or communities

for the 2nd, it can't be fixed and i know it's little bit unclear but due to the importance of the observer slot and for "rgc" slot i think ppl are ready to understand it and play with this

P.S = Sir-Rogers will change stats system so don't worry about the points

kizo
14-03-2011, 10:54 PM
As i see the problem is wasting 13 minutes (5 for pick and 8 till someone leaves) versus 45 minutes of unballanced game. A good player doesn`t like to lose for this reason and play 45 minutes to he hummiliated. The 13 minutes is less time wasted and a fair choice for the team without one player.

I don`t like people who think minimap colour are not important. For experieced players minimap counts more than the main screen.
I will give you an example. Lots of games creeps destroyed the tower and barracks in base because of this. Players were on the map and didn`t see it.

I just think RGC is more than a pub playing -cm and all of this. Maybe i am wrong. I do believe that joining leagues should be based on player score if the player has no clan to provide clan war replays.

I like the stats system here very much and i think the stats is more relevant that 2-3 replays where a skilled friend can play for me.

Thanks for your response

kizo

Sir Rogers
15-03-2011, 01:20 AM
It's been discussed many times, there is no solution to the votermk problem. I could remove the timebarrier on FF if the team has a leaver I guess, and firstblood has been drawn (more than 4 votes needed). The reason why I based it on first blood is because time is irrelevant. At 15min both teams could be 0-0, or it could be 15-0 or it could just be 1-0.

If you look at other games, LoL doesn't have a remake system at all, if you got a game ruiner or a leaver, you're stuck. You can either leave yourself and get punished by the system or stick it out. HoN has some sort of remake system I believe, if the whole team leaves in the first two minutes or so. Anyway my point is, that I'm trying to make a system that's best for the players, but there are limits. If I make the votermk too easy, people abuse it for stats, if I make it too hard, people like yourself get hurt. There is no winning solution. I can try to adapt it with user suggestions, but the principle will always stay the same: someone is going to get hurt. I see the solution in decreasing the likelihood of such a situation happening, when I get back and I fix the reconnect bug, the next thing on my todolist is a point-based and leaver-free room system to separate players. After that's done we'll see how things will work out. As I said I could decrease the !ff timelimit to nothing if a team has atleast one leaver, what do you think about that?

And about the wc3 minimap coloring, I know they are important, but there is nothing I can do. It's a wc3 bug, maybe even Icefrog could fix it, since it has to do with the team the sentinel and scourge have, and the observers. Something like that. It's a wc3 and/or dota bug, there is literally nothing I can do. And the RGC inside the game is needed to prevent some exploits, save+load and reconnect. I can't remove it.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

kizo
16-03-2011, 01:23 AM
I do not agree with time irrelevance because:

- First blood is one of the reasons to quit a game.
- First blood has nothing to do with a disconnected player.

The !ff time limit removal would be a good thing. A time based system would be awsome.

Before this RGC bot and reconnect system i haven`t seen so many players disconnected. Every game two or three players are dropped. Before this bot rarely someone was dropped due to connection timeout.

I mean no offense but i strongly believe that most of RGC players do not have the skill for -cm mode. That causes many unbalanced games and a lot of missunderstandings amoung players ingame.
This skill needed for -cm mode is not about player skill is about team play skills gained in clan wars or after lots and lots of public games.
As it was said in a previous reply to a post of mine RGC is a pub after all and a pub is not ready for -cm mode.

Regards

kizo

marcvs
16-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Again,

(Europe) Public is not the only channel on RGC. Try getting in some better leagues, you will have plenty of mannered and skilled players there.

Pub is unfriendly place, everywhere.

Sad thing

kizo
16-03-2011, 09:04 PM
My intention is to help make public a friendly place as much as possible. As far as i am concerned i will get in a league but what about players who can`t get in a league and are forced to play public?

batal
16-03-2011, 10:26 PM
lawl

Sir Rogers
17-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Before this RGC bot and reconnect system i haven`t seen so many players disconnected. Every game two or three players are dropped. Before this bot rarely someone was dropped due to connection timeout.

There was a bug with that, disconnecting players even when they reconnected. I fixed that with the last patch a few hours ago.

- First blood is one of the reasons to quit a game.
- First blood has nothing to do with a disconnected player.

The !ff time limit removal would be a good thing. A time based system would be awsome.

So what will happen if I remove this rule, is that everytime someone firstbloods, people will just leave and !votermk the game. Because now they have a reason to use the command. Same if I make the time limit, they will know when they can "abuse" the system. Up until first blood, unless the picks are ridicilous, players don't have a reason to leave. That's my reasoning behind the rule, and it's the best I could've come up with, I guess a time-based kill difference plus the first blood rule would be better than what we have now, but I wouldn't know the numbers that would make such a system work.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

kizo
17-03-2011, 01:39 PM
The bad picks are somehow covered by the first blood rule. If a player doesn`t like the picks he will most likely exit before first blood. The problem is that after first blood they complain about the picks and exit a game. It is not fair for the other players to play an unbalanced game because of one leaver. Under 20 minutes play time the four player team has little chance to play having no items and beeing outnumbered. The leaver will get his punishment and the four player team will be no longer forced to play a crap game 40 minutes or so.

Regards

kizo

Ks.M.Coco
18-03-2011, 11:00 AM
The bad picks are somehow covered by the first blood rule. If a player doesn`t like the picks he will most likely exit before first blood. The problem is that after first blood they complain about the picks and exit a game. It is not fair for the other players to play an unbalanced game because of one leaver. Under 20 minutes play time the four player team has little chance to play having no items and beeing outnumbered. The leaver will get his punishment and the four player team will be no longer forced to play a crap game 40 minutes or so.

Regards

kizo

Well,pub games always have leavers,but you should try to get in better channels(moderated channels),so as DR.Community(channel based on manners),http://www.mymgn.com/board/forumdisplay.php?297-Vouches .
this is the link,all you need to do to get in is good manners+30 games+reading the rules.
there are also leagues like DGL/DPL(atm inactive),IDota League,Anubia-IHL.
http://www.mymgn.com/board/forumdisplay.php?1470-Vouch-requests -DGL
feel free to /w syrix` for any questions :)