PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for signing games

e1hplus
20-03-2011, 01:40 AM
Would it be hard to make new signing system or just upgrade this one?

This one can stay for default.

What i suggest is this:

-Option (check-box) "wait for the signed mode to be hosted"

and that would do, for example, when i sign game "-rd" client would wait till there is enough votes to start "RD" game. otherwise wouldn't include me in games hosted with other modes.

example situations:

9 people sign "-cm" default
1 people sign "-rd(wait)"

GAME IS NOT HOSTED but waits for 1 more player to sign to create CM mode.
and the people who sign "-rd(wait)" would not be removed from the list or included in the game hosted.

the reason behind this:

i think there is lots of great things on RGC and that makes me happy.
the main reason why i go to play on "pd.eu" is other modes.
i hate cm in pubs. i don't know why people sign "-cm".
they complain before game; and ingame they spam captain to pick hero for them.

thats it

thanks for reading
:)

bixtape
20-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Would it be hard to make new signing system or just upgrade this one?

This one can stay for default.

What i suggest is this:

-Option (check-box) "wait for the signed mode to be hosted"

and that would do, for example, when i sign game "-rd" client would wait till there is enough votes to start "RD" game. otherwise wouldn't include me in games hosted with other modes.

example situations:

9 people sign "-cm" default
1 people sign "-rd(wait)"

GAME IS NOT HOSTED but waits for 1 more player to sign to create CM mode.
and the people who sign "-rd(wait)" would not be removed from the list or included in the game hosted.

the reason behind this:

i think there is lots of great things on RGC and that makes me happy.
the main reason why i go to play on "pd.eu" is other modes.
i hate cm in pubs. i don't know why people sign "-cm".
they complain before game; and ingame they spam captain to pick hero for them.

thats it

thanks for reading
:)
Ye thats a good idea i realised that too we are not able to play every 1 mode becouse of the wrong voting :\

NeC.madchen
20-03-2011, 12:38 PM
Yes, good one.

Actually, rogers can create few list in code, so when you sing for one mode, you will be added to list with that mode. After list is filled with 10 players, your game will bo hosted. For me it is just how will that be represented in gui.

e1hplus
22-03-2011, 08:37 PM
yes, anything that solves the problem would be good.

i just want to be able to sign -rd and wait for -rd.

but also the current default system should remain possible.

your suggestion graphically it would be problem. list for every game mode takes up lots of unnecessary space.

i don't know best solution, i just think it would make PUB games much more attractive.
and most of the players only have PUB when they join RGC and first impression is very relevant.

read on "playdota.com" forums, people say bad things about CM mode here on RGC.

also dota2 comes, warcraft3 will die out. maybe its not worth the time (Sir Rogers) for big upgrades here.

LeGoLaSSS
24-03-2011, 08:07 PM
How about this (just crossed my mind)
So we have the list with the signed players and the mode selection drop down at the bottom.
Instead of selecting what mode you're signing with, when selecting a mode, e.g. -ar, it would display a different list, with all players signed for -ar mode, and have the possibility to sign in that list. Then if you select -sd mode it would change that list to the one where players want to play -sd mode and sign there also if you wish. So there is a list for every mode. It would be best to be able to sign to different lists (modes) in the case you prefer -ar mode but you are still willing to play other modes, like -cm if that list fills in first.

NeC.madchen
24-03-2011, 09:48 PM
your suggestion graphically it would be problem. list for every game mode takes up lots of unnecessary space.

Nop, it is just a code behind that takes space and that is nothing. Also it is not a problem to show only one list that you signed for.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

How about this (just crossed my mind)
So we have the list with the signed players and the mode selection drop down at the bottom.
Instead of selecting what mode you're signing with, when selecting a mode, e.g. -ar, it would display a different list, with all players signed for -ar mode, and have the possibility to sign in that list. Then if you select -sd mode it would change that list to the one where players want to play -sd mode and sign there also if you wish. So there is a list for every mode. It would be best to be able to sign to different lists (modes) in the case you prefer -ar mode but you are still willing to play other modes, like -cm if that list fills in first.

Same thing as i said above, all of that can be done in code behind, and showen on GUI as a one list. Also it can be done like that, switching list while you are chaning modes.

Antidepresiv
25-03-2011, 02:37 AM
OK i think this would solve everything regarding the variety of games, and also the sign buttom spam and exploit. Here is the system :

The sign system gets removed completly. I mean, if it can be done only in public, if not then the idea drops into watter at start. I will explain why later in the post.

Instead of ppl signing for games, there are always 10 games open. To explain , you would have 5-cm games , 2-ap games, 2-rd games, and lets say 1-cd game. The system would work on the principle, 5/5 2/2 2/2 1/1, this means that whenever a -cm or a -ap game gets started, the bot auto hosts that same game to keep the system 5/5 or 2/2, so there will always be hosted games.

This has a few things or should I say questions that need to get answered, for example :

Q. How can i join with friends, if i dont know in which game they are?
A. You can say, join the third -cm game from top, or ap game or the game with 6/7 players.

Q. What if i dont want to play any of these modes?
A. The system if flexible, it can be 15 games, of all modes.

Thing that needs to get resolved is, can this be implemented on a channel per channel basis? I think it can be, but lets wait and see.

So to give some benefits of this system :

1. The sign system cant be exploited, or spammed.

2. Players won't sign for games and then not join them, and go randomly sign fot other games.

3. The issue with, lets say 20 percent of players, who dont want -cm all the time, will be resolved, because you will have all the modes you want or might want to play.

4. The sign box, can be coded into something else, that would be more usefull, i can't rly say what, but im sure we can think of something.

5. The actual newcomers, and new users, wont be confused, and type !sign or something like that on chat, because when they open RGC, they will see a list of games, and can easily join them. I know this isn't a big deal, but if you think about it, you will know what i mean.

6. The last benefit from this regards, RGC Team, because to be honest we lose alot of time unhosting games, and constantly watching the EUrope Pub channel to maintain the hosted games on a minimum. So this issue can be resolved too.

If you think, or you want to add something, feel free to do so, but i think this system has a good ground, so we can build from there.

-Anti

Pawlaka
29-03-2011, 07:20 PM
I think that we are all talking about the system like in HoN(heroes of newerth)In HON,there is a "matchmaking" thats ranked gaming (ladder) you can choose solo match making and check(in box) modes u want ,then the game put you in game with mode you selected(if u selected more modes ,game puts you in first game hosted with any of selected modes)...also there is a team matchmaking where you make your group(of your team mates) then you go through the same procedure( you select the mode/modes and game puts you and your team in game with those modes)Also when it puts you in game ,the game is auto balanced.Also if you are even with a high point team in group ,the game will put you in game where other players are with almost equal points.

From my point of view this is hard to implement in a gaming client,but i think this is something like the thing you are talking about

NeC.madchen
30-03-2011, 08:55 AM
I think that we are all talking about the system like in HoN(heroes of newerth)In HON,there is a "matchmaking" thats ranked gaming (ladder) you can choose solo match making and check(in box) modes u want ,then the game put you in game with mode you selected(if u selected more modes ,game puts you in first game hosted with any of selected modes)...also there is a team matchmaking where you make your group(of your team mates) then you go through the same procedure( you select the mode/modes and game puts you and your team in game with those modes)Also when it puts you in game ,the game is auto balanced.Also if you are even with a high point team in group ,the game will put you in game where other players are with almost equal points.

From my point of view this is hard to implement in a gaming client,but i think this is something like the thing you are talking about

Right. It is not hard ti implement, just it need some time.