PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Kick Option and Punishments

damnusednicks
30-03-2011, 12:45 AM
I know that the issue about a votekick option in-game was discussed her a few times but i really wanna present you my arguments for it.

I)
Votekick Option:
The main reason u fear such a kick tool is the abuse factor in public. I dont really think that this would be a real problem if u create the sytem that only the own team can kick a player. So u need 4/4 votes to get rid of a guy that e.g
a) ruins the game on purpose(item hidding, leaver abuse, refusing to play, feeding etc) or
b) common problem that a player does not pick a hero (he is not counting as afk and stays in game as long as he does not come back) or
c) players that go afk and trick the afk timer (patrol etc.) or
d) the captain is afk at start and does no pick (u cant even rmk the game because u miss 1 vote)

In my opinion its better to have a tool being able to deal with such things than fearing some abuse by kicking bad players. There will always be exception that abuse the kick option in their favoure. But i really dont think that players just kick a random guy from their own team and better play 4on5 cuz a hero goes like 1:5 or some1 misses a huge fight etc. And even if an undeserved kick happens, the kicked player can report the guys that kicked him and they get punished.

Its just annoying that u have to play games like mentioned above where u clearly are in a disadvantage and u cant do anything against it because its still 5on5. No remake, no rehost or anything. You just have to play a fucked up game or leave. Its not about the points but RGC aims for a system that prevents leaving and u just enhance ppl to leave in such messed up games.

The votekick would just solve all these kind of problem and u just have to set draconic punishment for abusing it. So i get to my second serious concern.

II)
The punishment of reported players:

At the moment a guy that leaves on purpose or that ruins a game gets 2-3d ban for only one room.
Most of that guys dont even get reported and for screwing up a game for 9 other players they have to sit out for 2days from one room. They just switch to another room and play on. I mean this is kind of ridiculous.
I dont wanna compare RGC with GGC but the way garena handled it was better by far. Even if u just got banned from 1 of the High Lvl rooms the punishment was so hard ( i think 1-2w for an incident) that ppl think twice before they leave on purpose or they start ruining the game. I d really urge you to prolong the ban times because atm people hardly report any of these game destroyers/leavers etc and the ones that get reported and approved for banning, get away with 2d of sitting out from e.g EU Pub. There is no learning effect behind such a ridiculous penalisation.

Furthermore there was a thread about clear rules and punishment for RGC. I really think u should get some ppl to create such a catalogue with rules for eg. when there has to be a remake, backdoor issue, leaver usage, (items n hero) and the above mentioned punishment for delinquencies

Lots of text but i cleary had some thoughts about that. I played a lot on RGC lately and i enjoy it quite well (even more as the lag issue for me got fixed) but these things are just annyoning and take away the fun playing here beacause such things happen nearly every second game.

Regards

Mephisto
30-03-2011, 01:30 AM
I really liked ur idea about votekick option but i can't give you an answer if this could happen, Sir-Rogers can tell you if it's possible to impliment this to RGC system.

I totally disagree with you about the punishment of reported players for many reasons :
1) we ban game ruiners (feeders on purpose, items destroyer..) for 10 days not only for 2-3 days
2) we ban leavers due to their leave ratio, for example you can't ban a guy for 1 week if played 200 games and left once, also we increase the timeban everytime he got another report(number of warnings)
3) you talked about baning thise guys from only 1 room is kinda redicilous, well at the night there is no games on europe host bot only in public, and our goal not kick those ppl and punish them, we are just baning them to teach them, and make sure that they weon't do it again
4) btw this is the ban system at europe public, not for leagues, and you said that ggc ban system is better than thise, i will ask you : have you ever get banned from pub of ggc cz u left a game ?? or because you went afk, if no how can ggc banning sytem better than rgc system?

thx for this thread and for your ideas, we really take consideration of gd ideas, if you have anything to say, we will be glad to know

Best Regards

damnusednicks
30-03-2011, 03:36 AM
[...]
I totally disagree with you about the punishment of reported players for many reasons :
1) we ban game ruiners (feeders on purpose, items destroyer..) for 10 days not only for 2-3 days
2) we ban leavers due to their leave ratio, for example you can't ban a guy for 1 week if played 200 games and left once, also we increase the timeban everytime he got another report(number of warnings)

Ok i was not sure about how exactly the system works, but i report s1 that hide items last friday and i saw him playing again on sunday. Thats why i mentioned it here. How can that be possible then. But i get ur points

3) you talked about baning thise guys from only 1 room is kinda redicilous, well at the night there is no games on europe host bot only in public, and our goal not kick those ppl and punish them, we are just baning them to teach them, and make sure that they weon't do it again
4) btw this is the ban system at europe public, not for leagues, and you said that ggc ban system is better than thise, i will ask you : have you ever get banned from pub of ggc cz u left a game ?? or because you went afk, if no how can ggc banning sytem better than rgc system?
[...]

Ofc u got banned for at least 1week in Garena HLR Rooms if u were afk(5min+), left on purpose or such shit. The system worked just better because the penalisation was thougher. And how should people learn, not to leave/ ruine games on purpose if u sit out for a few days from EU Pub only when they can access other rooms and play there. I mean u cant only prevent a "criminal" from robing banks by survailing him but he is allowed to crack some jewlery shop or something else in the meantime. Moreover this was more a complaint about the "no official rules" here on RGC which implements this stuff. If people would know that Leaving on purpose will get em like 1w lock down, he simply wont do it.
In that special way the system of garena was better because there were a lot more players than on RGC atm but a Leaver or Game ruiner every f***in 2nd game. (and i dont consider d/c)

Regards

Aline!
30-03-2011, 03:59 AM
Erm...
I would like to thank for your ideas and your suggestions firstly.
People like you, who spend some minutes of your time to give us some good suggestions are the same that make us be better.
That's a subject to be deccused later. I personaly liked your idea about kicking.
And about the ban system, as Mephist said before... Our ban system is far better than that other plataform.
Since I myself used to leave from many games there in the past and never get banned. Our ban system isn't good and it isn't bad either. It's just fair.
Once more, Thank you for the suggestions.
Keep sending ideas like that.

NeC.madchen
30-03-2011, 08:54 AM
The votekick would just solve all these kind of problem and u just have to set draconic punishment for abusing it. So i get to my second serious concern.

II)
[I]The punishment of reported players:

At the moment a guy that leaves on purpose or that ruins a game gets 2-3d ban for only one room.
Most of that guys dont even get reported and for screwing up a game for 9 other players they have to sit out for 2days from one room. They just switch to another room and play on. I mean this is kind of ridiculous.
I dont wanna compare RGC with GGC but the way garena handled it was better by far. Even if u just got banned from 1 of the High Lvl rooms the punishment was so hard ( i think 1-2w for an incident) that ppl think twice before they leave on purpose or they start ruining the game. I d really urge you to prolong the ban times because atm people hardly report any of these game destroyers/leavers etc and the ones that get reported and approved for banning, get away with 2d of sitting out from e.g EU Pub. There is no learning effect behind such a ridiculous penalisation.

Furthermore there was a thread about clear rules and punishment for RGC. I really think u should get some ppl to create such a catalogue with rules for eg. when there has to be a remake, backdoor issue, leaver usage, (items n hero) and the above mentioned punishment for delinquencies

Lots of text but i cleary had some thoughts about that. I played a lot on RGC lately and i enjoy it quite well (even more as the lag issue for me got fixed) but these things are just annyoning and take away the fun playing here beacause such things happen nearly every second game.

Regards
T-up for this.
I'm not sure about kick.

StuPidmiRc
30-03-2011, 10:06 PM
I totally get what you try to express..
Thanks for sharing your thoughts..
It's really kind of you for spending your time trying to help us improve RGC together :)
I like your idea about banning..
Since RGC hasn't got a public high level room, the banning system should be more strict for now..

I'm not sure about the vote kick system though..
About kicking players ingame is only good if it includes the votes from the opponents who have the desire to enjoy a good game..
The votekick in the lobby is really good for 4/4...after all they are the mates whom you are gonna play with for about 1hour.

Just my opinion.

superfila
31-03-2011, 12:16 AM
Hi guys,

I'm new to RGC and I really like having a strict banning system, compared to the lousy and inefficient GCC.
However, I do not agree with the idea of being banned 10 days for afk/leave 1 game of 200. I'm 31 and life is a series of (un)fortunate events for me and working as technician for an ITSP means that it's possible (in 200 games) to be called and asked to log in and fix some problems.
My best friend is also 30+ and I saw him a couple of times spinning in the middle of an intense team fight because his son (1yo) grabbed the mouse cable.. For me, that was funny, but do you think a guy like him who never left a game on purpose deserves a 10days ban?
Do you think my ISP will give me 10 days refund if they do an IP address renumbering and restart my adsl modem in the middle of a game?

Regards,
claudiu

sparki
31-03-2011, 08:02 AM
I came here from garena and i played in Russian high level rooms there. And there if u leave for any reason u'll get 30 days ban from that room (5 of them total with different lvl req to enter). Did i get baneed? Yes and very often due to garena disc problems. U can play 100 games and be disconnected once and still get a ban for 30 days or even more if u leave often. Even if u leave with 20-0 statistic in a winned game u still can be banned... (nobody will report in this situation though)
So my point is:
Do u get ban in garena? Yes (in RHLR)
Is it fair\good? (if not disc problems) well i like it. I like to know that if someone leaves he'll be banned for sure and for a long time. But there are several rooms so even if u got banned u can go to other.
Furthermore if u gameruining in RHLR u can get ban for 15-60 days. They dont like people who ruin game on purpose like tp with kotl or chen. destroing items, astral, disruption etc. U will get 60 days ban for this for ur first time doing it. And that i like very much. If u afk u'll get banned for 60 days too. Afk is worse than leave so for many reasons so bantime must be longer.

So here in RGC i'd like to see system that gradually prolong time of ban like u have now. But at the same time i'd like it to be more strict with gameruining on purpose. That kind of skill abuse is not something u can tolerate.

PS:afk isnt good anyway. It's u'r personal problems if u have to go to something nobody will want to be in one team with afker. If u need afk for a short time just ask to wait 3 mins if u need more than 7 (3 will pause +4-5 is somewhat acceptable to miss) mins then plz just leave the game. If u apologize i think mates will understand and will not report on u. Anyway AFK is worse than leave so there is no excuse to afk!!!

damnusednicks
31-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Picking up the points of the previous posters:
I never spoke about getting such harsh punishments as in the mentioned Russian HLR room or whatever
Furthermore i excluded if people get d/c (even if the might pulled the plug)
I was concerend about leaving on purpose, game ruining and such stuff. There should be harder penalisation.

And even if u are very old with ur 31 for esport scene and got ur normal life. Thats really no excuse for going afk or leaving. I mean if u got more important things in life than game thats family ur son for sure and u have to quit for that u have to deal with the consequences. So u dont start a game when u know that u have to go in 20min or somewhat. If u do despite that fact u earn the ban.

I was just talking about a clear rule set and clear but harder punishment for such game ruining things enhanced

Kira_2010
01-04-2011, 10:43 AM
I am in favour of rules being made clearer to the public with the rough guidelines of timebans for offences.

However harsher punishments I disagree with. Admins take the player history into consideration and through their discretion I think the ban times are proportionate to the offence. A global ban system would be silly, because it may stop players from going into a room where they have a tournament to play or something. The GGC system is rediculous.. you left at minute 10 one time, therefore ur banned for 30 days is just crazy. The general idea is to say : ' You left the game for no legitimate reason, so you will be banned for a couple of days, please don't leave again otherwise your bantimes will increase' in the hope that they don't repeat offend. Generally this works on most players and those it doesn't work on will eventually be banned for ETERNITY >_< :D.