PDA

View Full Version : Strange things happening when trying to join a game

Kovajda
24-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Hello everyone,

My problem started 3 days ago, I thought to myself that I'd give it 3 days before I post here, because I thought that it can be something which will disappear on its own, without any help.. Well, it wasn't.

First of all, I'd like to say that I didn't install anything new in that time..

My problem:
I run W3, go to LAN games, then when I try to join a game, it just doesn't let me and says the usual thing "Unable to join the game..", then, for some reason I don't understand, my internet falls down for like 10 or 15 seconds, the only thing that's left for me after it reconnects is that I have to kill RGC via Task Manager because it keeps saying that I can't close it because W3 is running although I closed it.

I tried everything I thought of - restarting PC, reinstalling both W3 and RGC, turning FireWall off, but nothing helped at all, I'm clueless.

I think that the problem is somewhere in RGC, because I can play via other platforms without any problems. But that's just an assumption of someone, who is not a computer genius like you guys are..

Thanks for reading my problem, any help will be much appreciated. :)

SkyF!r3
24-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Hey Kovajda,
Please delete ur RGC Folder and reinstall RGC from here (https://rapidshare.com/files/458196792/Ranked_Gaming_Client.zip)
Tell us if it helps.

Kovajda
24-04-2011, 08:03 PM
Thanks for your reply, I did what you told me to, but same problem still occurs. :(

Mephisto
24-04-2011, 08:14 PM
can you please restore your system back 1 week (start/system restore or go to control panel/recovery/system restore), and retry to join, if your problem persist please inform us

Kovajda
24-04-2011, 08:40 PM
can you please restore your system back 1 week (start/system restore or go to control panel/recovery/system restore), and retry to join, if your problem persist please inform us

Oh, that's one of things I've tried already, just forgot to mention it, didn't help too :(

I feel like I'm going to have to reinstall whole computer to make this work again :/

NeC.madchen
25-04-2011, 11:42 AM
tRy running in a compatible mode, e.g. windows xp

Greetings.

Kovajda
25-04-2011, 11:52 AM
Thanks for your help guys, but it's still the same :/

Sir Rogers
25-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Ok that is very weird, you said you never had that problem before? And it just started 3 days ago?

Did you install anything in those 3 days, or browse shady websites on the internet where you could've caught a virus/trojan?

Are you using an anti-virus/firewall? If you are, did you try turning it off?
It looks like something is "blocking" RGC and then your internet when you try to connect to a game, when RGC tries to make a connection over the internet. Now that could either be a vigilante antivirus/firewall or something malicious on your computer. That'd be my first analysis.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

Kovajda
24-05-2011, 10:24 AM
Sorry for not replying sooner, but I was able to solve the problem just now..

The problem was in the thing Sir Rogers mentioned, in antivirus.. It for some reason started to hate rgc, the system restoration didn't work, because I had the anti-virus for some time and I gave up on that idea because I was sure that I didn't change anything there.

Today I got mad and said to myself, that I'm going to check every single thing again and make it work or I'll have to give my gratuation certificate from computer science back and I have found the problem in antivirus.

Thanks for all your help and patience, I am finally able to play on my favorite platform again :)