PDA

View Full Version : At what point should you leave?

Dai
11-05-2007, 05:51 PM
Like, as soon as the tree/throne is destroyed? Or 30 seconds after that?

Or when the Victory/Defeat message comes up? Or 30 seconds after that?

Just wondering because people don't like waiting during the 2 minute countdown.

Brutalisk
11-05-2007, 06:06 PM
You should leave at 30 seconds after Victory/Defeat message.

Sir Rogers
11-05-2007, 06:30 PM
I know this is off-topic, but the question has been answered.

Brutalisk, did you get my PM?
I just want to make sure.

Brutalisk
11-05-2007, 06:37 PM
Yea i did. I will answer it soon.

Dai
11-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Isn't it going to be a problem in BattleNet games? People won't wait for the countdown to finish, they'll just leave as soon as the tree/throne is destroyed.

Antmar
11-05-2007, 11:26 PM
Dai -

No, the time is for the program to collect info and so on ( i think ) so if the other leaves let them. they probably don't use this program so way would they stay 30 sec after the game is finish ?

Thats not your problem either, so read the info on the leaderbord ,go to toilet or anything the game will kick you out after 3 min if you like it or not ^^

nakma37
12-05-2007, 05:04 AM
Now it is recommended to leave after 20 seconds. When more poeple will use DotArank, you'll be able to leave anytime you want, because we'll have several game-reports to analyze. In any case our system never will take away player's Arank if it is not assured that it needs to be made.

Dai
12-05-2007, 07:35 PM
I think it's going to be really difficult to get everyone using DotARank. The concept is great but some changes do need to be made for it to work and become widespread. I think that the program should work whilst the game is being played. Like if a player leaves, it should immediately give that player the -10. Banlist can detect a leaver and ban the player if you do /banlast so DotARank should be able to detect a leaver and subtract the points from him immediately. It may be asking too much but once the Tree/Throne is destroyed, it should record the players still in the game there and then and act appropriately.

This program is too limited for organised clanwar/league games on BNet, in which case you don't need to know the rank of a player because he's part of an organised team.

Sir Rogers
12-05-2007, 08:24 PM
I think it's going to be really difficult to get everyone using DotARank. The concept is great but some changes do need to be made for it to work and become widespread. I think that the program should work whilst the game is being played. Like if a player leaves, it should immediately give that player the -10. Banlist can detect a leaver and ban the player if you do /banlast so DotARank should be able to detect a leaver and subtract the points from him immediately. It may be asking too much but once the Tree/Throne is destroyed, it should record the players still in the game there and then and act appropriately.

This program is too limited for organised clanwar/league games on BNet, in which case you don't need to know the rank of a player because he's part of an organised team.

I disagree with you, what if someone has to leave and everyone is ok with it?
e.g. the game is won already or other situations. I think it should notify leavers like colour them and then at the end it should be the user's choice who will get a penalty for leaving. Like dota-league kinda does, just better.

Dai
19-05-2007, 04:24 AM
Btw if you're host with .ARank, should you leave after everyone leaves or before everyone leaves?

nakma37
19-05-2007, 04:31 AM
The best way is to leave after everyone leaves. But it also works if 2-3 players leaved before you.

Cigaro
26-05-2007, 02:36 PM
So did I got this right? Players are forced to wait the wohle 2 "chat minutes" plus an extra 30 seconds?
Wouldn't it be better to set the "Duration" of the game to: duration minus 180 sec?

Brutalisk
26-05-2007, 02:43 PM
No. Players (who use dotarank only) should just wait max 30 sec of that chat time.