PDA

View Full Version : Improve Leaverrate

Chazin
07-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Dear RGC-Team,
Im pretty sure that even you sensed that in the last weeks the rate of leavers and aborted games has grown more than ten times as it were before. This is because the Points system in the Public room is not working anymore since everyone can create a new account without any penalties. The idea of giving leavers -10 points is great but wont help shit if they play a game, leave if they get first blooded and instantly create a new account !

In the last weeks players have recognized stronger than ever b4 that there is no problem to create a new account for like every game they play. And now you have a community (at least in the Public Channel) where nobody cares about points and everyone leaves as he wishes. The good players on RGC public are fucked because they dont stand a chance in those unfair games and its just luck wether their team has the leavers or the enemy.. most likely both team. Also the "ff" function is used like .. not anymore.. everyone just gg's and leaves.. new accounts you know...

When i came to RGC it was a great place every game in Public was skilled no leavers nothing. But nowadays i think this is on the same level as Garena.. People flame everybody does what he wants and nobody is stopping this anarchy.

A easy work around would be to disable the stupid free account creation and this has to happen fast since everybody has like 200 accounts already.
I am really sure you already are aware of this situation so why is nobody doing something here ?
At first use a e-mail confirmation for account creation ! this is extreme important if you dont do this u can disable any Login system and let anyone just play with the Nickname he disires...

A long term help would be to bind WC3- CD Keys to RGC account or something like that

However this is not a flame to you guys its just a critic that had to made soon or later - here it is..
Is there anything you can do about this situation or are we getting referred to private leagues ?

I really hope you can do something about this :-)
best Regards Chazin

PS: may have noticed my english isn't the best i hope you can understand it tho :-)

Edit:
Some things i forgot to mention:

-Ofc you have a great banning system its working fast and efficient but i cant create new threads after every round.(i counted the rounds with leavers and it has been so much that i cant say when I had the last round without a leaver- thats how much it is..)

-Within all this critic i want to clearly point out i love RGC its the best System i played on so far and you can be proud to be a part/developer of this great tool - i just love it so much that i cant take the decrease in quality of this great platform so please tell me you have plans to stop this leaver wave.. :(

x_T_c
07-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Hello chazin.
Until I read your thread, I noticed that you are really bored of Pub games :) Well, sad thing is that we are aware of bad situation of pub games, and i must say its hard to keep MUCH ( REALLY MUCH ) ppl in controll. I want to say, this is not impossible, but this is hard, and we have to prepare some organistation better in pub. Btw, the organization is in preparation, i think we will make some way's how to allocate leaver's and normal ppl who play and enojoj his game ( by that I do not mean Skill , just normal ppl , witouth leavers , flamers, racist ppl, etc etc more ... ). Also, in soon future , some things will be made , I mean Email confirmation and easier way for reporting. Email confirmation i think will be made soon, so we'll be able to keep the situation in their hands, with that i mean reduceing percent of mutli accounts. In soon future , RGC will be moved to own Webisite and Forum ( this is in prepareing phase , but soon will be finished everything ), so there we will made easier way for reporting and ban requesting. I must say , i have played few pub games, this days, and its really really really bad :D I hope we will finish preparation soon, so we can start with that ,, new '' pub. Thx you for posting and discusing this with us, now all what i have to say , if you can stay patient and w8 for better days :D

Ks.M.Coco
07-05-2011, 10:30 PM
soon there will be new system based on Tiers in pub channel.
and smth about email or ip which i dont remember that well

Chazin
08-05-2011, 02:28 AM
Thanks for the fast and really great answer,
I'm really happy to hear that you are aware of the situation and that changes are gonna be made :)
I heard rumors in the past of a Tier-system that would let leavers getting stuck in lower leagues. I think this is a great idea but i thought it only was a rumor and you cant trust those =) I am also excite for the new homepage and an own Forum. Again thank you very much for the fast and detailed answer I am happy that I wrote my rage down (driven by a leavergame again >.<)

keep up the good work :) regards Chazin

NeC.madchen
08-05-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm totaly with you (not in love:D), you have good points, especially about e-mail verification.

Sir Rogers
08-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the fast and really great answer,
I'm really happy to hear that you are aware of the situation and that changes are gonna be made :)
I heard rumors in the past of a Tier-system that would let leavers getting stuck in lower leagues. I think this is a great idea but i thought it only was a rumor and you cant trust those =) I am also excite for the new homepage and an own Forum. Again thank you very much for the fast and detailed answer I am happy that I wrote my rage down (driven by a leavergame again >.<)

keep up the good work :) regards Chazin

The Tier system will be implemented gradually. I am well aware of the problem, however RGC is facing a lot of other problems aswell, apart from the attacks on the servers. I need to optimize the software more and make sure that people can play without lag. Now with chatrooms going 1.2k+ users I need to make some UI changes since PCs with lower cpu can't take that. So those are priorities.

I am still in the designing stage with the Tier system, and the first version will just be a public room and a tier0 room (for non-leavers). Then after that is working and the rules for leaving/gameruining & punishment have been sorted out for the tier system I will start implementing a skill separation system, more tiers, better matchedup playerskill, etc :-)

Regards,
Sir Rogers