PDA

View Full Version : Custom kick and leaver point...

Boubalou
07-08-2007, 05:24 AM
Well well...

In the last week, i've been custom kicked twice and got 2 "left games" award...

Is there anything we could do to prevent this to happen? I was rank 5 and climbing and now back to 1... wipididlou, very usefull.

Boubalou

Nytrax
07-08-2007, 05:40 AM
This is the one big flaw the system has I guess, one way of preventing it, would be to only join game with hosts you trust. Generally (if you are a Northrend user) there are a few people in #dotarank that are as frightened as you, and play with hosts they trust only. You may want to have a look there, or any simular channel on your server for that matter.

I do not think there is a way to prevent this from happening technically speaking. Like I said, me and my mates see that problem too, and agreed to only join games we host ourselves.

Boubalou
07-08-2007, 06:20 AM
one of the problem related to joining host I thrust only is that I play DM games only and those hosts are rare... :(

Nytrax
07-08-2007, 04:15 PM
Well, if you are on Northrend, I do not mind hosting a few of those although I do not like them too much. But I am sure if you just find yourself a mate who can host (or host yourself?) the problem should be resolved.

MrJag
07-08-2007, 04:58 PM
There isn't anything we can do to prevent you from being custom-kicked. I can say that only hosts can kick someone, so try to only join games that are hosted by someone you trust. Or maybe start hosting games yourself.

I know it seems like a large setback to have 2 leaver points against your account right now but in the larger scheme of things 2 isn't all that bad. Even the most polite and rule abiding players have something come up and have to leave a game eventually, or get kicked like you did and will ultimately pick up a few negative points. I believe even the #1 player on the stats board has leaver points. Just keep playing and have fun and you'll be climbing the ranks in no time.

I'm going to move this thread to general discussion for now.

HollowSnarl
08-08-2007, 05:37 PM
easiest way to avoid this? Play on sentinel. Unless ur a feeder or the host is emo, u will do fine

IV26
17-08-2007, 07:14 AM
easiest way to avoid this? Play on sentinel. Unless ur a feeder or the host is emo, u will do fine

Ironically, I just got kicked from the sentinel when I am clearly not the feeder, actually, I am one of the few that gets kills on sentinel with a scoring a 5-0. It happens when the scourge team had a feeder storm spirit with score of 0-6 or more, and the rest of scourge team asked if the host would custom kick him, the host said yes, and he was kicked out right away, and sec later right after I got my 5th killing score, I am out of the game. I strongly think that the EMO host was playing with his friends (from the way they spoke to each other) and decided to kick me out to even the game, even though I was actually helping the team!!

In this case, do you still think playing on sentinel is the easiest way to avoid the custom kick issues?

And btw, this would be my first neg score on my rank 6 record >:(

I can provide replay if anyone knows ways of correcting this. Please pm me if you do!!

Nytrax
17-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Sadly there are no ways of appeal currently. As I have mentioned in other threads, there will be in the future though, so hang tight, and hold on to the data you have concerning the incident.

What HallowSnarl meant was that your best chances of avoiding custom kicks, is playing on the Sentinel team, as the chances the host would weaken his own team are obviously a lot lower than him weakening the opposition. Exceptions always come up of course.

No.CrAzY
17-08-2007, 05:28 PM
Hey i remember it was my game you got custom kicked from the game name was dota -dmarem PRO ONLY kick/bl and you got vote kicked buy 4 people on our team sorry ;/

Sir Rogers
18-08-2007, 03:05 AM
Now let me check the admin section ... wasn't there a mention somewhere of banning people that custom kick? ...

Don't do it! For the sake of everyone, kicking someone is the one thing I don't have respect for at all.

Especially since you knew the consequence of your action, since you know .Arank. It is a very impolite and not sportsmanship-like thing to do. It stands against everything we're trying to establish here.

IV26
18-08-2007, 06:25 AM
Hey i remember it was my game you got custom kicked from the game name was dota -dmarem PRO ONLY kick/bl and you got vote kicked buy 4 people on our team sorry ;/

Nope, it was not your game, that game name was Dota AREM USA 6.46b Blist!!11.
And luckily, I just checked my score again, my neg score is gone!@!!
Don't ask me how, it just did after yesterday ;D Hope it won't happen again though...