PDA

View Full Version : Auto join region upon login

NeC.madchen
22-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Hello,

It is lil bit odd for a new user from asia that get insta join EU room upon login, so my idea is to found his region upon login, e.g. Asia, and put him in Asia Public channel instead of EU public channel.

Discuss!

SkyF!r3
22-05-2011, 03:22 PM
I think most Asians already auto-join (Asia) Public, instead of (Europe) Public.
In rare cases, they don't.
I remember when i was new. i got into (Asia) Public automatically.

agustinho
23-05-2011, 06:16 PM
I think only who want this, will get this autojoin, coz i never play in euro. but i stay there to find questions and questions of ppl, but too much guys in brasil who doesnt play in eur. auto join there, without they want it. I think it must be retired, them who wants to auto join, will add this in Client Options

Sir Rogers
24-05-2011, 03:03 AM
Luckily the Asian IPs have a very defined range, so it's easy to separate them. The problem comes with putting players to the right individual regions (Brasil/Philippines/Romania) there is currently no automatic way to do that with a 100% certainty, so maybe a region selection at the start would be a good idea. I just don't know yet. As RGC grows I may decide to put completely different chatservers in place (like bnet gateways) separating Europe, Asia and the Americas. Or maybe just a few of them. We'll just have to see. Please do continue to discuss this idea.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

agustinho
26-05-2011, 03:00 AM
Well, geting an channel by ip its a nice way, to join in your country channel.

Good Job Rogers!

Irs2k3
26-05-2011, 07:31 AM
Luckily the Asian IPs have a very defined range, so it's easy to separate them. The problem comes with putting players to the right individual regions (Brasil/Philippines/Romania) there is currently no automatic way to do that with a 100% certainty, so maybe a region selection at the start would be a good idea. I just don't know yet. As RGC grows I may decide to put completely different chatservers in place (like bnet gateways) separating Europe, Asia and the Americas. Or maybe just a few of them. We'll just have to see. Please do continue to discuss this idea.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

Middle east needs servers....i think someon contact you about it right? :) and i think middle east will have more alot of ppls when we make servers...