PDA

View Full Version : User Profile UI

FxN.X5
26-05-2011, 10:11 AM
when the Platform access has a lot of entrees, the UI has a double scroll which really screws up, because there is noway of knowing what a member is vouched for, is admin of etc.

it is not a big issue, but i think it would be better off resolved. also maybe you could define the resolution of the box given for the profile picture as an image doesn't auto-scale by proportion but stretches if the dimensions don't match which i have seen is a common problem for the users

i think also some other minor changes can be made on the UI, the profile could have an online/offline status, if possible ability to leave an offline message which refreshes on a weekly basis or so.
also the clan tag could be shown maybe?

hope my feedback is useful in any small way (:

Sir Rogers
26-05-2011, 04:54 PM
when the Platform access has a lot of entrees, the UI has a double scroll which really screws up, because there is noway of knowing what a member is vouched for, is admin of etc.

it is not a big issue, but i think it would be better off resolved. also maybe you could define the resolution of the box given for the profile picture as an image doesn't auto-scale by proportion but stretches if the dimensions don't match which i have seen is a common problem for the users

i think also some other minor changes can be made on the UI, the profile could have an online/offline status, if possible ability to leave an offline message which refreshes on a weekly basis or so.
also the clan tag could be shown maybe?

hope my feedback is useful in any small way (:

* Online/Offline already in the Last seen field. If offline it will show the date the user last logged on with, if online it will show online.
* The access list: Click on an entry on either of the two lists, it will match the title. I've been notified of this scrolling issue, when the list was first design RGC didn't have more than 10 channels, I am unsure if there is a fix for the scroll bug, but clicking the lists will do the job, it's just not as pretty as it could be.

Clan tag suggestion is a good idea and with the image I'm not sure what you're asking for, giving users the ability to define the dimensions of their profile avatar, that could be a little bit tricky, very tricky actually. It would mess up the point of the skinning API, what you're talking about would be the possibility of allowing users to customize the look of their profile. That will conflict with giving users the option to customize the looks of their client with the skinning API. Anyway long story cut short, this will need some discussion. My head's buzzing at the moment so I can't think of it properly, apologies if my answer is confusing at this point.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

bitchgotraped
27-05-2011, 08:28 AM
* Online/Offline already in the Last seen field. If offline it will show the date the user last logged on with, if online it will show online.
* The access list: Click on an entry on either of the two lists, it will match the title. I've been notified of this scrolling issue, when the list was first design RGC didn't have more than 10 channels, I am unsure if there is a fix for the scroll bug, but clicking the lists will do the job, it's just not as pretty as it could be.

Clan tag suggestion is a good idea and with the image I'm not sure what you're asking for, giving users the ability to define the dimensions of their profile avatar, that could be a little bit tricky, very tricky actually. It would mess up the point of the skinning API, what you're talking about would be the possibility of allowing users to customize the look of their profile. That will conflict with giving users the option to customize the looks of their client with the skinning API. Anyway long story cut short, this will need some discussion. My head's buzzing at the moment so I can't think of it properly, apologies if my answer is confusing at this point.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

Fixing the profile image dimensions is his suggestion is to add a specific image widthXlength , but there's no way to let a user decide the dimensions of his current image profile.

FxN.X5
28-05-2011, 10:30 AM
cheers sir rogers

that answers my questions (:, no pressure, i am sure we will see a gradual but steady improvement in the client, again i say, we trust you

also i mentioned in another thread, i have yet to check it out, the possibility of the /find function being more versatile, in what ways?

current find function only gives out an exact word match of a username who is online at the moment of search

maybe you have already discussed these possibilities :

!)/find function returns parts of search phrase with a user,

for example, /find FXN returns - FXN.x5, FxN.Froz, FxN.Flam3 etc
2) and you can search for offline users.

The reason for this is, suppose you want to add a friend and you dont remember the exact name [R][A]Paradox(a random name) and you cant remember the special characters so i could search for paradox instead.

Also it helps admins/moderators look for the users in order to search for ban/vouch etc history and perform further actions.

again No pressure, just simple suggestions, P.S. i liked some of the other suggestions in this section, and i hope you consider some of them =D

Good luck! and cheers

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

i would like to add another suggestion without opening a fresh thread.

How about a !voteswap feature for the game lobby? it has been a problem for 5 friends to play together, and admins arent given the right to swap as will as it could violate many user rights

voteswap would be fair as many people tend to join game and be afk or act afk, and people in even public channels keep demanding for team captain rank. Giving out team captain to random people would be a problem which i need not explain, i am sure you are aware of it.

just to reduce the problem and make users happy i think it would be decent new command for the game lobby. i believe a few adjustments, alteration and addition of commands can be done for a smoother gaming experience =D

-----------------------
and more, i tend to be thinking on the go O.o

so u know how the profile is right now, is there any possibility to have tabs on the profile? like when you right click a user u see profile and showclan, and the profile is divided by lines and sections,

if you were to make tabs on the profile-->

Basic Profile | Clan | Platform Access | Game history etc

you would have more room to work on with a cleaner and organized effect

i know i am asking for a lot of things please keep in mind i am not actually asking, i am just laying out different possibilities for you which you can choose to consider or ignore =D, you see i am on a mission to help you guys too ;)