View Full Version : RGC server for Oceanic region (Australia / New Zealand)

Kimochi
29-05-2011, 08:42 AM
The Australian DotA population is quite big. As you all can see Australia hosted the 2009 Asian DotA Championship(ADC) in the MCC room(Garena). Dear Sir.Roger, why don't you consider launching rgc into oceanic region. In the oceanic country , most dota players are from different nation that coming over to oceanic for overseas study or migration. It is believed rgc can be fast grown in the oceanic country.

Kimochi
29-05-2011, 12:27 PM
I know the hostbot payment is burdening sir.roger , but why don't give it a try? Maybe australian are willing to help out with those payments.

NeC.madchen
29-05-2011, 01:28 PM
If aus is willing to help in making donation for server, there shouldn't be any problems.

Kimochi
29-05-2011, 02:20 PM
If aus is willing to help in making donation for server, there shouldn't be any problems.

My suggestion is to open an Official Australia Channel. Then I'll try to spread or promote the channel. (note that: don't pay for hostbot 1st because we will try to get the response, explain to Aussies how rgc works.) And I need to know roughly how much money is needed to open up hostbot in oceanic region. It is not an easy task to get Aussies into RGC, and it will take months.

NeC.madchen
29-05-2011, 02:56 PM
My suggestion is to open an Official Australia Channel. Then I'll try to spread or promote the channel. (note that: don't pay for hostbot 1st because we will try to get the response, explain to Aussies how rgc works.) And I need to know roughly how much money is needed to open up hostbot in oceanic region.

I dont know how much coast avg server in AUS, if i remember correctly asians are paying 20-30 euros per VPN and that vpn can host 20 games max in same time.

Kimochi
29-05-2011, 03:01 PM
I know sir.roger has read this thread, but I don't know how he's thinking. I'm still a student, if this plan works and host bots are up. I'll try my best to donate.

StuPidmiRc
29-05-2011, 05:35 PM
I'm sure it can be arranged. You should talk to the Australians first whether they are willing to move from Bored Aussies to RGC. I've talked to some Australians about this and they told me it will be very difficult. Bored Aussies is also using servers to host games with very good pings.

Not too sure about this.

Kimochi
30-05-2011, 02:15 AM
I'm sure it can be arranged. You should talk to the Australians first whether they are willing to move from Bored Aussies to RGC. I've talked to some Australians about this and they told me it will be very difficult. Bored Aussies is also using servers to host games with very good pings.

Not too sure about this.

Bored Aussies is much more complicated than RGC, As you can see below this link.
http://www.gotgames.com.au/forums/dota-defense-ancients-167/setting-up-dota-bored-aussie-4653/

To play on the Boredaussies Server, you'll need the following items.
- The Regkey
- The Loaders
- A user invite.

What we need in modern days are user friendly clients.
Not just because of BoredAussie was establish in Oceanic then no any other client can enter the following region and compete with it.
But I'm also having a hard time talking to them.
Btw, can any admin help me to discuss this matter with Sir.Roger? Your help would be truly appreciated

NeC.madchen
30-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Best way is to conatact him on client. He is most of the time online in support room (/j support).

Greetings!

VIP.SWTOS
30-05-2011, 06:45 PM
ausians are willing to co-operate and pay servers ...hmmmm... that's a big question =D

Sir Rogers
31-05-2011, 12:25 PM
If Bored Aussie is using servers for their games, get me where they rent the servers, so that I can get a test server and see how it goes. I'm willing to put up an Oceania server in Australia, but I will need people to organise it, as I am spending 24/7 at the moment coding the platform and managing the servers.

So just like there's a team managing the other regional sections on RGC, Oceania will need committed admins and I will need a reliable server company, if the one that Bored Aussie is using is good, get me the company's website and we'll take it from there.

Who knows, maybe even the Bored Aussie admins would like to move from their PvPGN platform to RGC. Since PvPGN is limited to the wc3 environment they may not be able to achieve what they want to for the DotA community, and maybe they've been waiting for an opportunity like this to come along. I don't want to steal anyone's users, or whatnot. I haven't even properly introduced RGC although I have been asked by gosugamers to give an interview. I still feel like we're still in the testing phase, just on a global level now. I also feel that it's right to add Oceania to the list, so if any Aussies are reading this, I need some help on this one.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

Kimochi
31-05-2011, 03:58 PM
@sir roger,

Here is what I found,
Gamestah and ausgamers.com are using eminence gaming server. It is a server in Australia.
Here is the link------->http://www.eminencegaming.com.au/index.php It might give you some help on your research. I'm not sure BoredAussie subscribed to which company. But i found eminence gaming, Their servers are located in varies major cities. They currently have Game Servers located in Sydney, Perth, Brisbane and Melbourne. Webservers are located in Sydney and Perth.

VcX-VirViaNZ
04-06-2011, 02:32 PM
O please o please i wana play DotA on RGC...In Australia the only place to play DotA is BA or Garena..and the players there are JUST Horrible its quite hard to play a 5v5 game until the end..Out of 10 games i always only manage to enjoy at least 1 or 2..Its that bad...