PDA

View Full Version : A helpful improvement for joining rooms.

Mabaet
03-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Hi! I don't know if this was suggested before, here it goes!

I'm suggesting to add a number at the room titles so players who is together with someone can find rooms easier

Old:
Player1: Hey man, wanna play with me?
Player2: Sure, let's go to the room where there is only 7 players!
Player1: Which one man? There's 2 of them!
Player2: The first one!
Player1: Dang! I've entered the other 1!
Player2: Get out of there! ... Oh man.. room full LOL

Asia Public (10/10)
Asia Public (9/10)
Asia Public (10/10)
Asia Public (10/10)
Asia Public (7/10)
Asia Public (7/10)

What to see:
Asia Public #1 (10/10)
Asia Public #2 (9/10)
Asia Public #3 (10/10)
Asia Public #4 (10/10)
Asia Public #5 (7/10)
Asia Public #6 (7/10)

Result:
Player1: Hey dude, wanna play with me?
Player2: Yeah! Let's go here at #5
Player1: AWESOME SO EASY!
Admin: No caps!
**The Game Is Starting
:)

Question: How about sign with your friend at the same time?
Answer: Rule: Always join the open games ( Those non-reserved room ). If there's no room or all are reserved, then its the time to sign. Also, this suggestion prevents SIGN ABUSE, because some players are hardened to sign at the same time, especially when all of you are 5.

Question: This is really unneeded
Answer: Let's think, this suggestion was already implemented in RGC system, then now I'm trying to suggest to remove it, awesome huh?

Sorry about my English. Still learning it.

ResQ
03-06-2011, 09:36 PM
Good suggestion. I'm sure rogers will think about it when he got some time on his hands.

Araziell
04-06-2011, 12:10 AM
This has happened relly often to me, it gets really funny when you are with 3+ friends on TS...

Nice suggestion =)

ResQ
04-06-2011, 02:06 AM
By the way if you signed for a game it'll be blue but your suggestion could be an addition to that ;)

Kimochi
04-06-2011, 02:25 AM
This has been suggested in the rgc-asia forum. I think it will soon be done.

ArA-_^
04-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Great idea!
A simple step that can make you join the same game with your friends easier!

Sir Rogers
04-06-2011, 08:24 PM
It's been suggested before but I dropped the idea due to some logistical problems. Due to your post I have reconsidered the problem, I've made a codechange that gives a visual illusion of these # numbers. In the databse the games will all be saved under their normal names, but the chatserver will distribute small identification numbers like that.

Which means you will have to communicate with your friends, because /whois will show the gamename that will be saved in the database, i.e. "(Asia) Public -cm", but your RGC UI will show "(Asia) Public #7 -cm" and so will your warcraft III screen. I hope that's what you're looking for.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Ignore the part on my previous post which says that it won't work with whois.

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I've changed the mechanics on the chatserver, it will show all signed gamenames with a # number. It will also fully work with /whois

It's coded and working, I just tested it and it's going to be up with the next server patch. It'll be hard to miss :-)

Regards,
Sir Rogers

isbug
05-06-2011, 06:26 PM
its implemented already
thanks rogers

RGC.WanTeD-
06-06-2011, 09:19 AM
ya its good suggestion:) pls do that admin..

Araziell
06-06-2011, 09:31 AM
It is already done =)