PDA

View Full Version : DotArank 2.3 Release Candidate 2

Brutalisk
21-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Hey everyone! We have released DotArank 2.3 RC2. This version got new user interface and now games played/left are shown. Also DotArank 2.3 RC2 supports playing with GG-Client. Along with that we have redesigned player information retrieval function, so you won't get queues when rapidly join lots of games or many players join/leave game hosted by you. Also you will see information about winner side at the end of the game and at the game report. This means that soon there will be DotA ladders based on win/lost ratio. As always we appreciate your feedback.

SoniC
21-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Good :)

Wasteful
21-10-2007, 10:04 PM
good job :]
u put leave rate in arank very nice

123Fakestreet
21-10-2007, 11:27 PM
All dota versions worked fine. But this doesn`t. It doesn`t get any player information and i chosed the right network! Plz put RC1 here for download too till there is a solution!

123Fakestreet Rank 29

Brutalisk
21-10-2007, 11:30 PM
To recieve player information u should press "Get stats" button now.

SoniC
21-10-2007, 11:42 PM
sometime i have strange ping
like 10000 ms and more :o
this is bug.

interlider
22-10-2007, 12:00 AM
How do I download? When I get it from the DL section, it installs me RC1 (at "about" shows the version as RC1).

~IntEr

Brutalisk
22-10-2007, 12:17 AM
If your DotArank has white user interface then you are using RC2. Actually that RC1 in about box was a typo. It's corrected. Thanks.

farfo
22-10-2007, 01:09 PM
prettier interface and quicker ping but 2 games on 3 were counted as "no-winner" (most of the players present and tree fallen)

Wasteful
22-10-2007, 01:39 PM
what is ingame command for "Get Stats" ?

123Fakestreet
22-10-2007, 03:10 PM
No, when i press get stats nothing happens! I only get displayed pings sometimes but no player names or else.

Evol
22-10-2007, 03:12 PM
also there is a typo in the url of the link (the bottom of window). it links to the rc1 thread.
and 1 more: can u add button on the taskbar when Arank window isn't at the tray? because it is not so comfortable to look for the Arank window behind others.

Evol
22-10-2007, 03:13 PM
No, when i press get stats nothing happens! I only get displayed pings sometimes but no player names or else.

today when i was playing with another one player in Arank i saw olny me with the ping. where was another player?

Brutalisk
22-10-2007, 04:44 PM
You can see ping only for host when you join games on GGC. If you host game on GGc you will see everyones pings.

sG† WraTH
22-10-2007, 05:02 PM
I'm connected to GG but DotArank doesn't say anything...

megak
22-10-2007, 05:26 PM
It doesn't support Blueserver?

Brutalisk
22-10-2007, 05:30 PM
Why? It should work with Blueserver as it was.

megak
22-10-2007, 05:41 PM
It is not working :/
It cant detect the connection to Blueserver

123Fakestreet
22-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Ok here is the latest news (hope i am not too anoying): when i join games now all works fine even if i use wc3banlist. But if i host myself it only works when i DONT use wc3banlist! So what to do now?? Thx for answer.

Wasteful
22-10-2007, 08:25 PM
.arank sometimes works sometimes not... sometimes detect players sometime not...

RudegaR
22-10-2007, 09:17 PM
oh please i was hoping that this new version will works...i was wrong...NOT CONNECTED TO BNET....release candidate 9 will mby works for me...happy gaming...i lost allready like 100 games soo far :P

marlon07
23-10-2007, 08:58 AM
please give us the steps on how to get it to work on GG-Client.

marlon07
23-10-2007, 11:33 AM
is the Get Stats button clickable??

Friesisch-Scott
23-10-2007, 11:57 AM
ya
it reveals rank, games, leaves

Sharantyr
23-10-2007, 12:29 PM
This program is still completly buggy.

I host a game, -pingall gives something like Player X 1754515121ms Player Y -1512212 ms Palyer Z 12454564635 ms

-rankall gives Rank 0 to anybody whereas I'm ranked 5 ...

On the windows GUI, the pings are correct but the ranks not, I see everyone (when clicking get stats) with 1 game played, 1 game left.

AND THERE IS STILL THAT FUCKING 100% CPU BUG >_<

It was fixed in an older version ,and u BROUGHT IT BACK! wtf

marlon07
23-10-2007, 12:40 PM
the button is not clickable on mine. why is that? and how do we use it on GG???

Evol
23-10-2007, 03:29 PM
the button is not clickable on mine. why is that? and how do we use it on GG???

when u create game in ggc, dotarank don't show it while other players didn't join your game. when less than 2 players have joined your game, in dotarank u can see only (!) your ping and nick. since players have joined your game u can click on the button 'Get Stats'. this button is clickable, but just don't look so. i think need to change it. ;)

painguard
23-10-2007, 04:53 PM
Omg! pls put on download the old version allso pls :|, I think the autorefresher from the bl is killing it ... can`t even report a game, becouse it sees no players in the end (after a few autorefreshes). It rly sux.
Nah ... ain`t that, turned off autorefresh, still the same thing, when the game starts it shows the game name, but that`s about it, no players.
And can`t find the last version rc1.
Till u fix this one pls put the old one for download for those who don`t want the new one.
RC1 ... had it`s misses but it worked!
LE
I rly rly apreciate what u guys builded here, don`t want you to think that i`m not gratefull for the dotarank.
LLE
For those who want dotarank rc1 here is the link(googled it): http://www.dotarank.com/download/DotArank_v23RC1_setup.exe

Brutalisk
23-10-2007, 06:21 PM
ok

marlon07
23-10-2007, 07:03 PM
hmm it still doesnt work. i hosted and we had 10 players in a game. i click it and nothing happens. is dotarank comaptible with warcraft patch 1.20e? or is it just for 1.21?
btw, do i open GGC before dota rank? or do i open dota rank first then GGC then wc3? my name doesn't appear no matter how many players joined my game.

ok ill give the exact procedure i did.

1. i open dota rank.
2. i open GG client
3. i open warcraft 3 tft (1.20e)
4. i go to LAN games
5. i create dota v 6.48b
6. 9 players join
7. i click get stats
8. nothing happens. dotarank just shows "Open" under the Players Column and "Coming Soon" under the Win Ration Column, etc.

is there anything wrong with what i did?

DAB268
23-10-2007, 10:38 PM
I have also a problem with running .Arank. I think there is an incompatibility with WC3Banlist and AutoWarkey. If I try to host a game with .Arank, there are no players detected.

elveerdig
24-10-2007, 03:05 AM
i think i have same prob as this guy aboive.

get no pings, no players, .and after a played game,. i do get a pop up, .but it always says gameinformation missing.
didint had any problems with previous arank tho.

so, .

what now?

Brutalisk
24-10-2007, 03:26 AM
That sounds strange, because nothing related to this was changes. I will open forum download section where you will be able to dl and use older versions untill we fix this.

sans
24-10-2007, 04:55 AM
Rc2 works great for me thanks... awesome to see the leaves and games played now. ;)

whity2xlc
24-10-2007, 08:47 AM
maybe bug:

1. joining game:
works fine for me yet

2. hosting game:
i am using wc3banlist beta too. when i host a game players and things are displayed correctly. after wc3banlist is refreshing the game slots, it seems the list in dotarank gets deleted. i tried out several games now and tried out some things but hosting games with the RC2 of dotarank i seem not to get to work.

marlon07
24-10-2007, 09:53 AM
ok now i figured how it works but only on pldt play. arank works perfectly on pldt play in my computer but i cant figure out how it would work in gg client.

nc)c)13
24-10-2007, 12:28 PM
i'm spimly agreeing with the above post stating that it is the refresher on the banlist that causes the screw up. I also have an issue with the last person to join not being detected with arank. if im the only person in the game, it detects nobody. If i'm in the game with 1 other person, it only detects me. If i'm in a full game, it will detect 9 of the 10. Also it lists a number of people as having played 0 games and left 1 game, which seems mathematically impossible.

Addition: any in-game commands using the WC3 banlist cause arank to stop working, not just the refresh. checking location, lat, ping, or any other form of command immediatly erase the data on arank for the remainder of the game.

Brutalisk
24-10-2007, 12:34 PM
I stated this somewhere, that games in dotarank means completed games, not all completed and left.

elveerdig
24-10-2007, 01:51 PM
I still have same issue,. I even deleted all previous aranks and reinstalled the new one. arank doesnt pick players, he does show some pings on interface, but i dont see any player names, also the commands -rankall -pingall, doesnt work.

I hope we can fix this somehow,. today is dotaday, .my day off from work and i miss a lot games played this way :(

Latex Elv

DAB268
24-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Maybe the game has problems with spoofed names? A game today wasn't found. No Autrefresher activated but a spoofer was in. WC3Autorefresh also spoofes name.

nc)c)13
24-10-2007, 10:11 PM
its not simply spoofed names because banlist commands cause arank to mess up. if you turn all the commands off it will work, but as soon as you check location, lat, ping or whatever, thats when arank goes beserk.

DAB268
25-10-2007, 01:29 AM
Anyone else has this problem: "Get Stats" says, that all players have the same rank = 1? Even if most of them are higher in the Webinterface?

EDIT: Is the ladder tab bugged? Shouldn't I be in with rank 4?

marlon07
25-10-2007, 03:41 AM
i still cant get mine to work. i was fixing my dotarank yesterday then suddenly i got banned in GGclient. A system message popped-up and said i was using hacks. >_< *sigh*

muufasa
25-10-2007, 08:46 AM
I really like the win/loss ratio being implemented. Unfortunately almost every game ends, not in the frozen throne/tree being destroyed, but in a team just forfeiting and leaving. There should be a set time (maybe longer than the score time, eg. 35/40 minutes) where if a set amount of people leave the winning team is determined by building healths. For example, if no rax's are hurt then the tower healths are added and the team with the most net health wins. If rax's are damaged then their healths are used to determine, while if the throne/tree is damaged it is used. Basically order of importance. This seems like it would be very accurate, while getting the whole other team to type ff or something like this would be very difficult.

megak
25-10-2007, 12:59 PM
it would be quite hard to determine the hit points because they are computed on runtime based on events in war3 engine.
Implementing such feature means writing a war3 engine clone from scratch.

AVGn00b
25-10-2007, 02:57 PM
dota rank doesnt work on ggc :S

Wasteful
25-10-2007, 05:26 PM
omg .arank is like some man, sometimes works sometimes not... i'm always doing same procedure... and once .arank was useing CPU for 80% and i couldn't play w3 so i got to close .arank fix this version as soon is posible pls :)

tkk80
25-10-2007, 06:52 PM
It is not working :/
It cant detect the connection to Blueserver

yap, it said not connected to battle.net.
I remembered that last version u got a modified dotarank.exe for it to fix the problem?

how about this rc2 modified dotarank.exe?

TransHuman
28-10-2007, 05:48 PM
It seems, that the new program release works on my PC with my Vista 32 Home Premium.
All my played public games are counted.
I do not know if it is a bug, but I can only see the ranks, after I press the button "Get Stats".
On the former versions I coud see the ranks without any action on my second monitor. :'(

I do not use the original installed Components of the application, I use newer versions of xsciter.dll and winpcap.

You should downgrade the program version, from a release candidate to a bata version. ;)

painguard
29-10-2007, 06:56 AM
Someone pls test that and share with the rest.

Pascal3000
29-10-2007, 01:32 PM
I will try it now and hope i dont have the same problems those guys had. GGC is like the best change ever if it should work. At that one guy, why do you use 1.20e?

Is there a way to get it to work with listchecker? Cause ls needs the hostport to be 6114 and arank needs 6112, so it currently doesnt work.

fakta
30-10-2007, 01:51 AM
ok. i use dotarank in bnet -> northrend. first i open arank, than wc3banlist and than warcraft3. everything is super. than i host a game and what i must do ?! yes i give alt tab and waiting to have players and push the fu**ing button "Get Stats". waiting, waiting, waiting -oohh yes it gave me the ranks, than i must go to wc3 and write -rankall and than paste it... but sorry i am using autorefresher too... and do you know whats happenning. arank goes crazy. you must click on this button "Get Stats" like a idiot than going to wc3, stopping the refresher and etc. and this button dont actually working... its working when the programm is in good motion or something like that... the previous version was better ... and easier to use...

Angry.Beaver
30-10-2007, 08:40 PM
:-[ the new version is one real big bug, nothing works anymore.
it can t get pings
it even did not register all players connected.
it often opens the finish browser in midgame only because one of 10 players left.
The worst of all it cant get the information needed when finishing the game so it did not count any game ,really not one of em !!!!
So why schould i use this bugy version ?
I am waiting for some new release meanwhile...

I prefer the old version !

SoniC
31-10-2007, 12:07 PM
:-[ the new version is one real big bug, nothing works anymore.

Its true
CPU bug and other bugs. :-[

Pascal3000
01-11-2007, 10:41 AM
Everything fine here. Nice new version.#

Got some ideas.

Add a message that says "game report is sent to www.dotarank.com" or "dotarank is on, leave and you lose 10 points, stay and you gain 1. www.dotarank.com for more information" or something like that when you pushed an unused button (like f5/6) so that a) ppl know they are recorded (that would be counterproductive i just notice, cause they may change from their normal leaving habits) and b) the programm gets more popular.

Include -statall to show that new ratio

Make it work with listchecker

Show heros in the game report and give hero and mode usage statictics (a % value for every shortcut, not for every combination, so apem and arem once means 1 point for ap, 1 for ar and 2 for em)

4rozen
02-11-2007, 07:01 PM
Add a message that says "game report is sent to www.dotarank.com" or "dotarank is on, leave and you lose 10 points, stay and you gain 1. www.dotarank.com for more information" or something like that when you pushed an unused button (like f5/6) so that a) ppl know they are recorded (that would be counterproductive i just notice, cause they may change from their normal leaving habits) and b) the programm gets more popular.

Just create a "Phrase" in WC3Banlist and hotkey it. That's what I do for pregame and a reminder in game.

I've played quite a few games with listchecker and have found that it is laggy. 95% of time listchecker lags horribly and is almost inevitable to drop someone. But then again, I host almost all my games and I don't have LC. The LC games I play are tda and it could be the host but I doubt that since about 1 out of 20 games were somewhat playable.

Zarr0c
02-11-2007, 10:09 PM
it says im rank one and all other people that jion are rank one too why is that?

wildhunter
02-11-2007, 11:35 PM
hola

Pascal3000
03-11-2007, 10:05 AM

Just create a "Phrase" in WC3Banlist and hotkey it. That's what I do for pregame and a reminder in game.

I do that, too, but i dont always want to have blon, so it would be easier this way.

I've played quite a few games with listchecker and have found that it is laggy. 95% of time listchecker lags horribly and is almost inevitable to drop someone. But then again, I host almost all my games and I don't have LC. The LC games I play are tda and it could be the host but I doubt that since about 1 out of 20 games were somewhat playable.

my games are always fine, better than with bnet

PayKoHan
03-11-2007, 10:25 PM
drank much times dont work,but ping is oke. :-\ i have 2.3 rc2

and much times when i played a game over, then is this coming : Game information missing. There is no preferences you are able to change. Start a new game with DotArank. There is no your account among game players.

some one help ?

AliveNoMore
04-11-2007, 02:28 PM
I'll post here since things weren't clarified completely in my other topic (http://www.dotarank.com/index.php?topic=728.0) and if I post another topic it'll just get locked as well by some lame moderator (no, I don't appologize, since the matter wasn't resolved).
In that topic a user stated that a player must click "check stats" but I can't find that in DotaRank. Where is that? Was this supposed to be "Get stats"?

P.S.: one idea: maybe the bugs forum should be shown on the main page and not hidden somewhere, since there are tons and tons of bugs.

Brutalisk
04-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Well yes that wxactly Get Stats button. And bugs forum is on its proper place i suppose - at Support forum.

AliveNoMore
06-11-2007, 01:54 AM
In the support center forum I see the following:
- User's manual
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- Questions and answers (Q&A)
- Installation issues
- Connection issues
- Sending results issues
- General tech support

I see no 'bugs' forum.

Dantec.
09-11-2007, 05:10 PM
This version is a huge bug.

Nytrax
09-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Right, I just read the entire topic as I had to catch up on some moderation.

Thank you all very, very much for your input. There seems to be a problem with the new banlist version related to the auto-refresher. This is an assumption and not yet confirmed I should add though. Oddly enough, for me, the new version works just fine, and I do use the new Banlist version on the side too (with auto-refresher). Needles to say, this is an important matter and we are working overtime to solve the puzzle. All the other bugs mentioned in this thread should resolve once the major issues are solved (listed in my thread in teh general forums section).

If you experience problems with the new version, try using the old one to ensure getting ranked: http://www.dotarank.com/download/DotArank_v23RC1_setup.exe

Otherwise, to those insulting me, or any other mod: please appreciate that we ar doing this work for free, and with the mere satisfaction that we are helping a community we love being a part of.

xDsKuba
09-11-2007, 07:44 PM
yay! thanks for the release btw im new <3 the dotarank program looking forward to more =] still trying to figure out the commands

zexe
10-11-2007, 01:52 AM
hi ,i'm new here so i have a small question ...: i'm lv 11 but when i "rankall" , my rank is -1....can some1 tell me why?

thx a lot

Pascal3000
11-11-2007, 12:27 AM
It worked fine for me all the time, untill today. Now he is showing "northrend, gamename", but not showing player names and not recording games. using rc1 till its fixed. Too bad it worked for me and now stopped to.

DAB268
12-11-2007, 12:20 AM
Is it possible, that .Arank breaks the whole Internet connection from my router?

omaclouly
15-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Some times the players that the program shows are from my previous game. Another thing i noticed it is that some AMH games do not appear properly on the program.

In the next version i think it would be nice to improve the rankall command. when someone has left so many games so that his rank should be negative the rank should say he is a kitter instead of saying he is rank 0 or 1. With that i think it would be easier to alert the host about the presence of kitters.

newdx
17-11-2007, 06:07 AM
unluckly, blueserver cannot use DotArank 2.3 Release Candidate 2....hope it can be used ASAP

LaoshRa
17-11-2007, 11:38 PM
i appretiate the new features (especially displaying the "games left" ::) ) but i got a problem as well. "get stats" works correctly, but -rankall only displays "0"s as ranks.

D4killa
19-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Plz create a new version of dota rank. Dota rank 2.3 is the most buggest version i ever seen. If i use the Get stats button it show me that all players are rang 1. I played 30 games with dota rank 2.3 but only 7 games it accept by all other dota rank 2.3 said me "Game information missing you need ..." I am really angry about this because all the time wich I spend in Dota to get a higher rank is for the a.... So please create a new version or host the old version.

MFG dakilla

(sorry for the bad english iam german Player ;D )

Brutalisk
19-11-2007, 10:13 PM
You can still download an older versions in Download section on the forum.

iLluFe
26-11-2007, 04:20 AM
I'm connected to GG but DotArank doesn't say anything...

Same here.
Saying not connected to Battlenet

MSH-Arter
26-11-2007, 02:55 PM
Its kinda bugged it says all whos in pings game name and all but if i wana use command ''-pingall'' nothing happens and if i ping host its shows grazy pings but at window all pings look fine :-\
HELP! :D

SoniC
26-11-2007, 06:59 PM
HAHA
wait new RC
maybe Christmas edition ::)

MSH-Arter
26-11-2007, 09:13 PM
HAHA
wait new RC
maybe Christmas edition ::)

LOL?
Really i wana get it to work :P

newdx
27-11-2007, 04:05 AM
DotArank 2.3 Release Candidate 2, really cant work in blueserver, i look at the interface and feature, it really better than CR1. unfortunely, blueserver cannot use it...

LaoshRa
30-11-2007, 05:28 PM
-i noticed that rankall (and most likely -pingall tool) only work after you retreived stats from all players using "get stats". so unlike in the previous version, you have to tab out and do that. on the other hand, its much faster now, i prefer RC 2 over the old one. i still got mixed feelings about the win-rate, about when is that going to be displayed?

ZyXEL.
05-12-2007, 06:39 PM
All dota versions worked fine. But this doesn`t. It doesn`t get any player information and i chosed the right network! Plz put RC1 here for download too till there is a solution!

123Fakestreet Rank 29

Dota.Player
06-12-2007, 12:41 AM
played 8 games today with aRank.

all longer than 30minutes.

but not one game was counted, always get:

Game information missing. There is no preferences you are able to change. Start a new game with DotArank. There is no your account among game players.

interlider
06-12-2007, 12:13 PM
We have a tech support section, but for what I can tell, you should try the 4 easy steps to solve any problem with Windows: reboot, wait, retry, kick. If rebooting doesn't solve, just kick the damn PC and start over... it will work.

~IntEr

Antmar
06-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Do you buy everyone that follow advice a new one ;) *laugh*

interlider
06-12-2007, 05:53 PM
Of course!

~IntEr

DISCLAIMER: no I don't.

Antmar
06-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Dota.Player - Do you have any Anti-virus or Firewall that stop the data out ? else reinstall wincap and Dotarank and see if it works ?

Do you have had earlier versions of Dotarank ? If yes is all data from them deleted ?

Dota.Player
07-12-2007, 12:08 AM
i installed it yesterday the first time ever.
and i dont have any firewall neither an antivir tool.

and yes, i have redownloaded each file (ok its just one -,- ) and reinstalled it twice, same error

Friesisch-Scott
07-12-2007, 12:33 AM
Did you host a game or join one?

Evol
07-12-2007, 12:49 AM
played 8 games today with aRank.

all longer than 30minutes.

but not one game was counted, always get:

Game information missing. There is no preferences you are able to change. Start a new game with DotArank. There is no your account among game players.

it happens when u join a game, but u nick dont displays in the Arank. then if the game ends u get such error message. u just can try to rejoin the game.
developers have to fix it.

Antmar
07-12-2007, 08:52 AM
And when you join you press the "Get Stats" in Arank ? and you see that all data is collected and still get this error when trying to send to the site ?

This of course a problem that need to be fixed yes but don't really think the developers know where the error comes from and why it comes from just that user.

But whatever it's not my concern i like this one much better then the last Arank i played whit ^^

pwnzd
11-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Probably the games were'nt hosted on standard WC3 port (6112). DotaRank ONLY works with standard port, so if the host has changed that (for any reason) it doesn't work. Stupid bug, but I guess you have to live with it until the next RC.

Antmar
13-12-2007, 05:21 AM
Don't really think it is a bug if the client are coded to listen to port 6112 or ( what it is as standard ) but ppl whit routers ect would have to set up which port to use as a alternativ, if thats where the problem are ?? ^^

But it's still not a bug if thats where the problem are by the way ^^

marlon07
26-12-2007, 08:20 AM
can anyone please post the exact procedure on how to use .arank in GGC. post something about what to open first, what warcraft version are you using, and everything else necessary. thanks!

btw: what network interface do we use on GGC?

Evol
26-12-2007, 11:08 AM
can anyone please post the exact procedure on how to use .arank in GGC. post something about what to open first, what warcraft version are you using, and everything else necessary. thanks!

btw: what network interface do we use on GGC?

it was better u read this topic from the start.

u must start .arank before u begin host a game or try to connect to the one. u can use the latest version of warcraft (as i do). and in the end about network interface: i chose there driver of my network card (nvidia nforce mcp). u need to chose there the interface which is used by u to access to the internet. and dont forget to install WinPcap driver.

marlon07
26-12-2007, 02:08 PM
i'm really wondering why my .arank doesn't work on ggc. but it works on pldt play. it doesnt detect anything even after pressing Get Stats when i'm hosting a game on ggc.

Edit: now it's working! thanks for your help evol!! I really appreciate it. =]

Phonix
26-12-2007, 03:42 PM
Will the next version fix the ggc problems?

painguard
21-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Hello ... oh well sry to remind but but .Arank v2.3 rc2 was releasen arround October 21 2007 according to the creation of the thread and oh well time goes by ... and I`d rly rly rly like to get my hands on a new release of .Arank. Can`t seem to make rc2 work for me, rc1 works like a charm though. Great work so far and i can`t w8 for new release. GL HF!

Friesisch-Scott
21-01-2008, 11:38 PM
You won't have to wait for such a long time from now on ;)
It will be released soon