PDA

View Full Version : Finish too early? too bad..

Phonix
17-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Some of my games getting done (Victory massage) before 30 minutes, (most of them by -em mode).
========
For example this game: http://www.dotarank.com/index.php?action=help;page=gmsearch&showlines=252711
*Replay link added: http://www.mediafire.com/?2otx2ggehn2
========
So my question is: should I keep lure the game to 30 min, if I want the scores?!

Friesisch-Scott
17-01-2008, 02:52 PM
I'd say no. I hate people wandering around and creeping just to get the 30 min, but I don't play much -em so I don't really have that problem.

Phonix
17-01-2008, 03:38 PM
To be honest, that is annoying, because I realy want to earn more point in fair way.. so everytime I'm beating the enemies too quickly it makes me upset for non-ranked..
But in the other hand mayby it must be that way to avoid abusers, so I really don't know...
P.S=> I even finished a normal mode game before 30 min, more then once.

Gruufhai
17-01-2008, 03:44 PM
So my question is: should I keep lure the game to 30 min, if I want the scores?!

You have no choice. If you want the game to be scored, you have to lure it to > 30 minutes.
I think it would be much better for all to get rid of this (high) limit, but as long as it remains, lure or abandon.

tinykariboo
22-01-2008, 09:27 PM
In fact , I don't really care about scoring point , but I really would like ppl that left the game within the 20 first minutes to get an automatic -10 .

PappaKatt
25-01-2008, 01:12 AM
Stop playing in noob mode then. -_-

Syos
26-01-2008, 12:40 PM
should make em=victory 23min but em is for noobs so -.- don't play noob games and u will never end before 30 xD

interlider
28-01-2008, 08:44 PM
Stop playing in noob mode then. -_-

lol - there is no such thing, and yet I laugh. I call it Emo Mode though ^_^

should make em=victory 23min but em is for noobs so -.- don't play noob games and u will never end before 30 xD

Same to you. A man plays whatever he wants, leave him be.

And yet, I still believe that the current minimum is ok. See, instead of luring the game to longer, just end it an begin a new one. The purpose of Arank is not to get a high rank, but to get a leaver-free community. One can't expect everyone to have the highest of ranks, although that may be possible. Instead, expect not to leave.

In an -em game that finishes (too) early, you may not get positive points, but you won't get any negatives either. That should be good enough.

~IntEr

Gruufhai
28-01-2008, 09:14 PM
The purpose of Arank is not to get a high rank, but to get a leaver-free community.

You need to lure the game to have the leavers marked.

Or, you could say:
"The purpose of Arank is not to get a high rank, but to get a leaver-free community except of those who leave early enough to destroy the game in the first 30 minutes, those are OK" :P

interlider
28-01-2008, 09:20 PM
lol

That is a perfectly DIFFERENT issue. I'm pretty sure we can think of a way to auto-punish those who leave first, or before 20 mins... but the issue here is SHORT GAMES, and for short games, I see no point in what you just brought up... makes no sense to THIS discussion.

~IntEr

Nurph.
03-02-2008, 09:42 AM
Why not? As i see it, most of short games get short because of early leavers... or bigger noobs than my grandma!

For the noob mode... your right, there is no noob mode... its called EASY MODE... but its wrong... its a faster mode AND that means its even a HARDER MODE! Its an more imbalanced mode. If u kill a newb in -em, u gain 2 lvls, and a third till he gets back... so you are 3 lvl higher and pwn him right after he gets back again... end of game clear... -em = first who kills someone in a lane, wins the lane for ever... only teamplay can change something but its harder to keep the teams balanced in lvl and items.

So -em is a really stupid mode...