PDA

View Full Version : Help me to proceed on submit scores and with the program

Sephiroth
02-02-2008, 04:34 AM
Hi I'm new here, and I would like to learn how to exctally proceed with the program Arank using Warcraft open and others programs like banlist and dota client.

For second, and finally, I can someone tell me how do I Submit the Scores, cos I already won 2 games, but on my acc just apears as ignored, or in games played bu not scored, why?
Can someone give me a hand?

b!rne
04-02-2008, 06:22 PM
hey...got the same problem. can anyone post an answer?

001_du_monde
18-02-2008, 09:47 AM
i have the same problem too :'''( . i hope anyone will ansar :(

JamaicaWeed
19-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Please wait, soon you get answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gruufhai
19-02-2008, 02:56 PM
Hi,

Hi I'm new here, and I would like to learn how to exctally proceed with the program Arank using Warcraft open and others programs like banlist and dota client.

I also had a lot of problems using Arank, the program is totally buggy. Get used to it. The idea is great, but the tool is the worst piece of software I ever used. I still do, because the idea is so great, and, of course, it works a bit and sometimes.

First, you need to know that there are three versions of Arank; called RC1, RC2 and RC3 (release candidate).
As far as I know, many hosts still use RC1, mainly because RC2 and RC3 won't work with them when hosting. Other hosts can use other versions.
I use RC2, because RC3 does not work at all for me. RC1 worked sometimes.

You need to try it out for yourself.
It might also be important in which order you start the tools - speaking for myself only, I always start WC3Banlist and Arank first, then connect to Battle.net.
If any error occurs, means Arank stops showing the players in the lobby of a game, I exit Banlist & Arank, disconnect from Battle.net (you don't need to close WC3 itself, just disc), start the two tools again, and then connect to Battle.net.

Next I stopped using the "get stats" button since it sometimes causes Arank to crash.
I simply have it running in hope that it might send a report, which it sometimes does.

For second, and finally, I can someone tell me how do I Submit the Scores, cos I already won 2 games, but on my acc just apears as ignored, or in games played bu not scored, why?
Can someone give me a hand?

Ok, first there are some rules which reports are scored and which are ignored.
Most reports are ignored because the game length was less than 30 minutes. No games shorter than 30 minutes will be scored, no one will get points, neither +1 or -10.

Next, there must be a minimum of players finishing the game - or at least a minimum of players being in the game five minutes before the game ends. I'm not sure about that minimum, but I think there must be at least one player on each team. Means you can't win a game where all opposing players have left, if you can't finish it within the next 5 minutes after the last opponent leave, and of course the game has to be longer than 30 minutes.

As mentioned above, this won't assure that Arank works satisfactorily, it still will crash, not send most of the reports, 'forget' most of the reports it has sent, show wrong times etc. - but it still does a part of it's job, and other players experience less problems. But I haven't yet heard of a user having no problems with Arank at all.

Summary:

- Try out RC1, RC2 and RC3 and see which one works for you
- Start the tool before you connect to Battle.net
- Leave it alone! It might crash if you try to use it ;) (or maybe it does not - try it out for yourself)
- Games need to be longer than 30 minutes
- If all opponents left, game length will be [time of last opponent leave] + 5 minutes

Good luck.

I forgot that playing non-DotA games while having the tool running usually causes it to crash. You might need to restart it as described above.