PDA

View Full Version : DOTA 2

Stak)
27-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Dota began as a user-made modification for Warcraft 3 and has grown into one of the most played online games in the world. Following in the tradition of Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, Team Fortress, Portal, and Alien Swarm, Dota 2 is the result of Valve hiring the community developers who built the mod and giving them the chance to finally build a full product out of their idea with the help of a professional team of developers and artists at Valve.

As for the gameplay, it’s a little hard to describe. The camera is set in the traditional RTS perspective, but it wouldn’t be fair to call Dota an RTS. And while each hero starts at level 1, and many times hits the level cap of 25, it wouldn’t be fair to call it an RPG.

Lots of people have tried to assign various genre names to Dota, but we think Action RTS is probably the most descriptive. And while we don’t spend a lot of time trying to figure out what genre the game is inventing, we can’t stop playing it internally and we’re pretty excited to show everyone how we’re doing.

http://www.dota2.com/

Legal_eyes
27-06-2011, 10:31 PM
oh i didnt know there was gonna be dota 2! tnx for the link! dota 2 will be perfect i think

Stak)
28-06-2011, 10:44 AM
oh i didnt know there was gonna be dota 2! tnx for the link! dota 2 will be perfect i think

best game :)

Legal_eyes
28-06-2011, 05:11 PM
its gonna be the best for sure cant wait for it ! :P

Stak)
28-06-2011, 08:01 PM
its gonna be the best for sure cant wait for it ! :P

me too :)))))

Gate13
03-07-2011, 08:08 PM
I am fan of classic dota and i dont want Dota 2

OganPodSvezdite
03-07-2011, 11:32 PM
If they don't change the gameplay (Juke spots, fog abuse, orb-walking) , and if the graphic is good and is supported by the game...(not like in HoN where its very hard to see whats going on in 5v5 team fights) than it should be the best game :))) 1 way or another i will play it for sure..:))

P.S Any news about any blizzard (warcraft /wow) movie....its gona be epic maybe even better than Lord of the Rings ?

Armstrong
20-07-2011, 01:12 PM
kata tin gnomi mou kalitera na bgei dota 2 pou na diorthonode pola grafika bugs kai ta sketika..episis to eonio problima me to dc opos exei to hon . diladi an tha tros dc na boreis opos kai ston hon na beneis ksana sto game

Infraction given by Birk Svindland: Foreign Language.

look dota also has this check dotalicious gaming dlg and you will see that they have that too

Infraction given by Birk Svindland: Foreign Language.

Sarathos
20-07-2011, 01:16 PM
http://www.mymgn.com/board/showthread.php?70810-English-only!-READ-THIS

Pay attention folks, I'm starting to think you are brain damaged.

pezo_dwta
22-07-2011, 01:19 PM
i agree with gate13 i am fan of classic dota!!! :)

But i will play to see how it is!!! :)

shade_
22-07-2011, 01:26 PM
i love the original dota but i will try playing Dota 2 too and decide in which one i;ll focus on .

xalaragr
22-07-2011, 01:30 PM
yeah yeah yeah....

lets see how the game looks like and then we talk..if classic dota is better or not

(we'll wait for ever ;) )

drakon-3
12-08-2011, 06:01 PM
dota with dota2 it will be something like Counter-strike 1.6 with counter-strike source ... But many were on the old version because there ARE good tournaments and are generally more passion game!!

VIP.SWTOS
12-08-2011, 06:07 PM
there is no space in our hearts for dota 2... dota ftw guys !

Megistos
12-08-2011, 10:15 PM
About 90% of DotA2 will be the same as the Classic DotA
Take a glance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ue_
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2uIFtDMQ0E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZL6rgO_9Mo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCpTSw9AaVY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU-b932Nwq0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLtqIYz6OfE&feature=related

penirliaris
14-08-2011, 09:30 AM
we wait for it,i cant play lol is for babys

rada01
15-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Dota 2 will rise LOL/HON GOing DOWN!!!

VIP.SWTOS
15-08-2011, 06:41 PM

+1
dota rising up!!!

drakon-3
16-08-2011, 05:25 PM

i agree but hon i love this game :)

The.Scourge
16-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Sounds like a cool game..But the real thing is DotA period :) will try it though

LoD
20-08-2011, 04:09 PM
My opinion is that they did a great job on dota 2 but they made so many changes that it looks like they overfeed the simple game of Dota... i am not gonna change dota its that we all used to play. and really i didnt like the heroes changes they look like its from another game and not Dota...

skoufakos
20-08-2011, 11:15 PM
I will play dota 2 and not "classic dota" , and the reason is one and very simple .Blizzard made w3 and they saw that a game called dota played via w3 has million of players ,but the didnt do anything to improve w3 or create a dota game based on w3 and we all play the same game for 10 years . Valve took the game and gave it what it deserves to have and that is GLORY .

P.S: Dont forget that DOTA isnt based anymore on w3 so the heroes cant be more similar to w3 heroes .

Led-zeppelin
21-08-2011, 01:59 AM
I will play dota 2 and not "classic dota" , and the reason is one and very simple .Blizzard made w3 and they saw that a game called dota played via w3 has million of players ,but the didnt do anything to improve w3 or create a dota game based on w3 and we all play the same game for 10 years . Valve took the game and gave it what it deserves to have and that is GLORY .

P.S: Dont forget that DOTA isnt based anymore on w3 so the heroes cant be more similar to w3 heroes .

IF it was possible blizzard would have change some things to w3 but there would be another problems after that..Dota is far away from the low level of dota 2

MoTiVaTeD
21-08-2011, 02:08 AM
Dota 2 its definitely 10 times better than Dota(1).
Dota1 is a 2001 game and Dota 2 is a 2011 game.Its so logical that the graphics will be a hundred of times better than Warcraft's.
I agree with Skoufakos 100%.
Valve gave to Dota what it deserves.

JustCallme
21-08-2011, 11:24 AM
waiting to see how dota 2 will be like and then judge if its better than dota .I hope its better to make us happy for the time we waited for.

godspeed2
31-08-2011, 10:06 PM
i ve played all 3 games and dota(1) is stil the best game in my opinion and now with dota 2 coming dota will rise even more!!!

sir_bomber_
01-09-2011, 02:27 PM
At my opinion dota 2 will be a good game.... but I'm a little afraid of valve... valve sucks O.o

Pro.Pappous
01-09-2011, 04:20 PM

+1 it looks like league of legends .. classic dota is the best i think!

JustCallme
01-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Dota 2 will be better at graphics from dota but everything will be the same ,looking forward for it.

PrezoFountas
04-09-2011, 11:46 AM
DotA 2 i think will be the best game as the classic DotA :)
DotA 2 is about 90% the same with the classic DotA so evryone will have an expirience

MercedesBenzAMG
10-09-2011, 03:20 AM
Ok, listen guys... In my opinion DotA will always be the best because neither HoN/LoL/DotA2 will ever have the enviroment of BattleNet.

DeadManWalkin
10-09-2011, 07:12 AM
Ok, listen guys... In my opinion DotA will always be the best because neither HoN/LoL/DotA2 will ever have the enviroment of BattleNet.

What enviroment are u talking about? The most of the players are using rgc dotalicius garena battlenet isnt somethink special.

MercedesBenzAMG
10-09-2011, 12:49 PM
What enviroment are u talking about? The most of the players are using rgc dotalicius garena battlenet isnt somethink special.

When I say environment of BattleNet I mean the part of hostbots and channelbots.
In DotA2/HoN/LoL there won't be Clan-Leagues and other things like that.

Wicked_Jester
21-09-2011, 12:05 AM
At my opinion dota 2 will be a good game.... but I'm a little afraid of valve... valve sucks O.o

You can't say it sucks... Valve has some good games (eg half-life,portal) but in most cases it is a very greedy company.. They try to make money out of the tiniest things and in the long run will ruin some of their most successful series. As far as Dota 2 goes though i believe they will do a good job mainly because dota 2 is a game that WILL bring lots of money.

Don't be deceived. I doubt they will give everything for free. You WILL have to buy the game (90% probability) and there WILL be added perks (hero skins etc) and ofc they WILL have "prestige-for-money" (VIP channels and/or matchmaking systems).

When I say environment of BattleNet I mean the part of hostbots and channelbots.
In DotA2/HoN/LoL there won't be Clan-Leagues and other things like that.

Nah.. That's one of the worst systems in a game imo. As far as mathcmaking goes LoL and Hon are pretty much there. A good system promoting both solo and team games.

Clan leagues only promoted cleaner games and or advanced matchmaking and stat tracking futures. All these are incorporated within the game by default and "higher skill" can be incorporated with a basic Elo/rating system (LoL Rankings).

shade_
21-09-2011, 12:26 AM
me 2 bro....i;m a classic dota player and i want to play dota and not some other cartoon game...

GoSu_TpAiN
21-09-2011, 04:16 AM
i have a question! when dota 2 comes up? have they set a date?

Gate13
21-09-2011, 05:03 AM
i have a question! when dota 2 comes up? have they set a date?

They dont have set a date that dota 2 comes up,but till January i think we will have it in our hands :D

Amoxilin
21-09-2011, 07:29 AM
I am in favor of classic DotA!

And i generally believe:

DotA cannot live without Blizzard! However, Valve makes a good try reaching Blizzard's success!

Ripazha
22-09-2011, 06:02 PM
I <3 classic dota...

Thats what everyone said when LOL first came out and they also said that it was sick and too childish but now all of them play LOL instead of DotA.
Since you haven't played DotA 2 yet don't judge the game.
Who knows maybe Valve will do a great job.The game you have seen till now is not even a Beta version so just be patient and wait till the complete version comes out.
Then and only Then you will have the right to say
"Original DotA Pwns"
and
"DotA 2 sucks"

Its not Blizzards fault for all the bugs and hacks that we are currently dealing with,Just like Motivated said
"Dota1 is a 2001 game and Dota 2 is a 2011 game.Its so logical that the graphics will be a hundred of times better than Warcraft's."
The whole problem is at the Warcraft III engine,it was built that way that it still is hard to make any changes cause it would lead to the creation of an other game,I hope you understand.

Gate13
25-10-2011, 05:44 PM
Moved To Gaming Discussion.

pezo_dwta
25-10-2011, 08:09 PM
My friend told me Dota 2 little boring !!!
he has played the dota 2 beta !!!!

Sarathos
26-10-2011, 01:44 PM

He must think DotA 1 is boring as well then, since it's the exact same concept, and pretty much the same gameplay without any core differences.

:S

MoTiVaTeD
27-10-2011, 12:26 PM

Oh...I played the dota2 beta too...Its way better than DotA 1 ... Check my sig.

vodkazzz
31-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Oh...I played the dota2 beta too...Its way better than DotA 1 ... Check my sig.

How did you earn it , from a contest or a mail to icefrog ?

GIEF

Eliza
12-02-2012, 06:33 PM
We all know that dota 2 is better than 1 in graphics.I have a friend who played dota 2 for 10 minutes and after that he was like"omg omg dota 2 is the best wow i am gonna play it every day and night"but i think that the people who like and "love" dota will stay in dota 1.

Pwnage)
12-02-2012, 08:07 PM
We all know that dota 2 is better than 1 in graphics.I have a friend who played dota 2 for 10 minutes and after that he was like"omg omg dota 2 is the best wow i am gonna play it every day and night"but i think that the people who like and "love" dota will stay in dota 1.

we will stay in dota 1 for ever <3 ;p
btw i tryied dota 2 and i didnt like its graphics !

Imba)killer.
12-02-2012, 10:31 PM
I don't care what genre the game is or how it's called ... I JUST CAN'T STOP PLAYING IT like you :P Dota

Ant1
02-03-2012, 03:45 PM
best game :)

NOT ...!

badiest
25-05-2012, 03:12 PM
dota 2 will be the best game ever!

Johny)Mp
25-05-2012, 03:20 PM
+1 classic forever guyz! :D