PDA

View Full Version : Kicked by Host with custom kick

sheepstrike
23-04-2008, 10:08 PM
AGAIN!
my stats get ruined by getting kicked with custom kick...
Host:
Realstats
Friend who told him to kick me:
us-mystery

Its just unfair... i would host myself if just dota rank would work for hosting games...

Friesisch-Scott
23-04-2008, 11:14 PM
Sorry but you have to wait until a function that detects costum kick is implemented.
We simply cannot delete every game where someone has been costum kicked.

Executer
24-04-2008, 01:05 AM
It is true does on both sides (Clients and Host) unmannered people could sit.
Sure it is unfair getting a leave counted for beeing kicked, but is it fair getting a leave for network problems, gamesplit and various other reasons of not intentionally leaving the game?

From my side as a host kicking a player is the last option and i close dotarank for that game. What the other players do is out of my control.
Just pointing out utilities for kicking a player are "bad" is in my sight the wrong decision. In public games u all the time have to deal with leavers, feeders, flamers and other gamewreckers and sometimes there exists a chance does it can become a GG in the end when kicking the one who is going to ruin it.
Especially if it takes long to fill a 5:5 game with low pinging players who look like they will complete the game till the end.

Another problem is if it comes to a remake of the game itself (beside often loosing half of the players in case of a rmk) how will u empty the game? It really costs hell alot of nerves if u have to open more than one game to start with a 5:5, see it wrecked in minutes, anouncing a remake, 1-2 leave for joining the remake and the others then want to continue the game! What just will end to mark the players who left in intention of a rmk as leavers... my only chance in such a case.. anounce... and in the end kick it till its empty.

Technically the host in wc3 is THE host... so he is the centre of the network connections.. a kick utility just makes the host unreachable for the single client by closing the tcp connection. If the wc3 utilities who identifies the player are forbidden i couldnt use this information anymore to kick the right player.. the information left is probably the country of the player which sometimes end in 1 chance of 1/2 - 1/6 of kicking the right player. Ending in a early remake.. problem with not leaving players.. and so on.

In the end my opinion is thats its not the tool itself, its the circumstances of its use that make the difference.

In your case maybe the solution could be to find a nice amount of nice players and some hosts which u like to play with or make use of a dota community.

In my amounth of hosted games it splits around:
25% broken games
25% one sided games, played till the end
40% good games
10% great games

kicking a player is used in maybe 3% of the games, players gets banned in probably 40% of the games.

Just to show the side of a host who hardly tries to host some good public dmarem (underplayed :( ) games...