PDA

View Full Version : The Problems with the Current RGC System

Fushoo
12-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Current problems with the RGC system:

1. All the players with high points (1700+) always stick together in the same team. This makes the outcome of the game very clear. And therefore makes the game more boring for both sides.

2. People of the opposite team will never !votermk because they want to get their precious points. This creates a situation where the team is forced to play a game that is already over just to wait to the 20 minute mark in order to !ff.

3. People that their points are below 1450 will always get kicked from a game even though they never left a game, because no-one wants to take a risk that a random noob will make them lose 3 points. This encourages players to open new accounts and start with 1500 points again.

Suggestions:
The simplest solution is to remove the point system from RGC. But if you want it to stay then RGC needs some changes:

1. Auto balance players in the lobby before the game starts. –Makes the game much more enjoyable for both sides.

2. If you add an auto balance system, you should also add some kind of system the will still allow friends to play on the same team (-swap command that works on votes or something similar to the HON lock system)

3. Require only the team from which a player left to !votermk. I actually have no idea why sometimes its like this and sometimes it requires all the players to vote. (couldn't find any information about this issue).

4. Allow the team players to !ff all the time. –If all the team agrees that the game is over, why should they wait to the 20 minute mark(?).

5. Allow to kick only players that are marked as leavers. –With an auto balance system there is no reason to kick weak players.

6. The !points command should also show how many times the player left a game. -This will make players more afraid to leave a game.

Conclusion
It's far too hard to find a good and fair game with the current system. So until this problems are fixed, I will take a break from RGC.

--I apologize for my bad English, if something isn't clear I will try to explain it better.

agustinho
18-07-2011, 02:47 PM
1. All the players with high points (1700+) always stick together in the same team. This makes the outcome of the game very clear. And therefore makes the game more boring for both sides.

Well, we can understand it, because when i got point, i dont want to join with guys that havent points ;( Unfortunately this is the true my friend. Unfortunately.

AutoBalance wont help, when i want to play with a friend or i hate that guy.

People of the opposite team will never !votermk because they want to get their precious points. This creates a situation where the team is forced to play a game that is already over just to wait to the 20 minute mark in order to !ff.

They will got ban. The solution of this will requires only the team who got less players, to votermk or not.

3. People that their points are below 1450 will always get kicked from a game even though they never left a game, because no-one wants to take a risk that a random noob will make them lose 3 points. This encourages players to open new accounts and start with 1500 points again.
No, create a new account wont help this guys to become better, only to fool ppl. They got to stay with the same account, and got more points.

It's far too hard to find a good and fair game with the current system. So until this problems are fixed, I will take a break from RGC. No no, if you play in a private league, you will got very nice games, without leavers or noobs ;)

hm, thats all,

But ty for the sugestions

Araziell
18-07-2011, 03:48 PM

2. People of the opposite team will never !votermk because they want to get their precious points. This creates a situation where the team is forced to play a game that is already over just to wait to the 20 minute mark in order to !ff.

This depends heavily on the mentality of the players. I have 2600 points and i always play with low pointers since Low points =/= bad players. Additionally i always force remakes, no one needs points in (EU) Pub tbh.

Players below ~1400 points are most likely leavers. Generally players who are still sharpening their Dota Skills dont drop below 1450 pts. in my opinion.

Ragnesis
18-07-2011, 06:56 PM
. I have 2600 points

Brag more bro.

Araziell
18-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Brag more bro.

Me ultra pro

Sir Rogers
19-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Thanks for your post Fushoo. I started to reply to your single points but I just erased my answer and started from a different perspective. Everything you mentioned is true and it's one of the issues, however there are more important ones.

RGC is undergoing some major changes. There is a deeper underlying issue concerning the players, the votermk, the stacked games, it's not because of RGC, this is not RGC's fault. It's the way people behave and think. Yes it's partly RGC's fault because the platform gives out points for won games and deducts points for lost games, but even if those points weren't there the majority of the players would still behave that way. People want to win, they get recognition for doing so and they feel good about themselves, it's psychology. And I'm in no position to just go out and do some massive mind control voodoo, telling people they need to play nice, respect opponents etc... and unconditionally remake a game if one of the leaves. People just don't behave that way, and that's something we have to accept.

Now I might have a solution for it in store, as I said RGC is currently undergoing some major changes and I'm aware of this issue, you'll just have to trust me, wait and see. The problem will definitely be tackled and I think that I have some very innovative stuff coming up, it would all be faster if there was a team to code everything that's planned, but that's currently not the case. So just have patience and be faithful :-)

Regards,
Sir Rogers

Fushoo
22-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Thanks so much for your response, and for taking this issue(s) seriously.
Looking forward the changes :)

Sloke
26-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Good to hear this.
The part with no !votermk is rly annoying since i made my experience with this today.
If no votes from the opposit team would be required or the game can be left with consequences this would be great cause now its mostly timewaste if u didn't got some useful heroes left in team.

best regards

Mephisto
27-07-2011, 08:01 AM
it's a vote "votermk" man, not an obligation
Anw as roger said : "I think that I have some very innovative stuff coming up" what is coming up will fix this issue
Best Regards