PDA

View Full Version : can't connect to DotArank server

Yunwoo
25-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Dear Admin
I don't know how to complete registration. My LAN use CC Proxy software to share internet, so when I open DotArank software I can't connect to DotArank server. Can you guide this to me clearly,please?
Thanks,

cibes
25-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Good news for you Yunwoo - you don't need any client software for dotarank 3.0!
The client was buggy. Now we have hostbots and all you have to do is join one of our games. Just come to channel "dotarank" in battlenet and you'll probably find some Game Moderator starting games.

Yunwoo
26-12-2008, 04:21 AM
Thanks, but I still not find the way how to get complete registration. when I open Frozen Throne game and I choose Northrend server in Battle.Net, It say that can't connect to server. My account in www.dotarank.com are also 'pending'. So I need help step by step :(. My internet connection using port 8088.
I'm sorry for my bad engish.
Thanks in advanced

Sir Rogers
26-12-2008, 09:05 AM
Thanks, but I still not find the way how to get complete registration. when I open Frozen Throne game and I choose Northrend server in Battle.Net, It say that can't connect to server. My account in www.dotarank.com are also 'pending'. So I need help step by step :(. My internet connection using port 8088.
I'm sorry for my bad engish.
Thanks in advanced

Ok first of all:

1) Where are you from?
2) Do you normally play on bnet servers?
3) Have you ever been able to connect to one of the bnet servers? If so, which one(s)?

Please bear in mind that we can only help you if you're in posession of a legal wc3 installation and a pair of legally bought cd keys.

cibes
26-12-2008, 05:38 PM
As soon as you managed to connect to battlenet read through Q: How do I register/link my bnet account at dotarank? (http://www.dotarank.com/index.php?topic=2105.0) to find out how to complete your registration for your pending dotarank account.

I'm not familiar with proxies but Warcraft III uses some port between 6112 and 6119. You can change the port in WC3 in Options>>Gameplay. But as I said I don't know how you have to configure your proxy software or wc3 in order to make this work.
Your connection to battlenet actually hasn't anything to do with dotarank. Still, explain your problem, maybe we can help :)