PDA

View Full Version : The site

SpaceTeaBoo
08-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Hi

Could you help me. I have problems with your site. It it works slow.
Can somebody help me to solve the problem or explain why it can be so?

Thanks

Sir Rogers
08-01-2009, 09:40 PM
This might have a few reasons.

What do you call slow? (How long does it take for you to load www.dotarank.com)
Where are you from?

What's your internet connection download speed?

ughi
09-01-2009, 06:09 PM
16mbit down 1mbit up, germany. average ping to google.ru is 40ms, to dotarank.com 150ms and loading time (average) is 15.000ms (thats 15s). once loaded the speed is ok. i got used to it. sometimes its worse than that (>1 min "down")

you got spammed on the old stats (arank 2.0 and less) and now you get spammed on the forums. whats happening?

Sir Rogers
09-01-2009, 06:24 PM
16mbit down 1mbit up, germany. average ping to google.ru is 40ms, to dotarank.com 150ms and loading time (average) is 15.000ms (thats 15s). once loaded the speed is ok. i got used to it. sometimes its worse than that (>1 min "down")

you got spammed on the old stats (arank 2.0 and less) and now you get spammed on the forums. whats happening?

The SMF software that the original dotarank admins used when they started the project is very bad and vulnerable to bot attacks, that's what's happening.

I'm too busy working on the upgrade of the bot, but once that's done I'm considering to change forum software to get rid of the problem, I'm not entirely sure though yet as to what will be the course of action taken.

[sFs]Prophet
12-01-2009, 07:37 AM
I never brought this up but it takes from 10 to 20 sec to connect on website for me and again 5-10 for forum :| (didnt think it was relevant :P )