View Full Version : Senseless bans?

Chavellas
12-02-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm banned, for leaving, my first leave here, in about 30 games, although i spoke it and most players agreed it was better for all, because i was unwillingly feeding and was useless for my team, i read all the ruleset and couldn't find leaving as a reason to leave, so i'm not going to apeal it, even if i can't play anymore in DotArank anymore, because if the GMs can ban people at their wish, even if they didn't broke any rule, there is no reason for rules and this can became a chaos.
I'm not going to discuss this, it's not an apeal, it's just my way of fighting for my rights.
We can't give people power without responsability, are you a GM?, so, you are the first who has to know the rules and follow them with sense and not abuse them because you became upset playing or something like that.
Greetings, Chavellas.

Flutschi
12-02-2009, 10:04 PM
He's right, if here people go to abuse there GM rights, im done too..

Not yet happened to me, but hopefully it doesnt..

was it autoban? or what reason was it? maybe PN to the GM?

madmaniac
12-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Before the new dotarank priorities,the rulles were very strickt and agains noobs,game ruiners,leavers. I personaly cant accept,that someone leaves without a reason/concerning real life at most of the time/. And "i was feeding,thats why i left" isnt a reason,its shows that you gave up without trying. Now everybody has a bad day,feeds,but at least people are trying to support the team. I dont know the reason for the ban,but as you describe it it seems fair.
But as i said,now there is a place for everyone in dotarank,so if you appeal the ban officially i think you will get your second chance.
Greetz
P2W.Forsaken

Sir Rogers
12-02-2009, 11:58 PM
I am heavily restructuring the system. However it states very clearly that leaving is a bannale offense and treated as such.

Now if you think your ban was not justified you can always appeal it. I want to change the ban system anyway, because people leave at times it happens. So if you appeal your ban you'll be fine.

I'll give you the situation for the rule. It's used due to the very common scenario in public games: bad mannered guy feed 0-2 leaves.

If he didn't leave he most probably would end up flaming his team mates and you really don't want to play with that guy. That's why leaving is a bannable offense.

Chavellas
13-02-2009, 12:59 AM
It's used due to the very common scenario in public games: bad mannered guy feed 0-2 leaves.

If he didn't leave he most probably would end up flaming his team mates and you really don't want to play with that guy.

I don't understand well this part. well the problem is that if it's a bannable act it should be stated in rules, that's why i felt that was an unfair ban.
In the other hand, usually i don't leave because i'm losing or receiving some kicks in my ass, that's the way the game is, and i never leave just for that reason, i'm a good tempered loser, but most team mates felt happy to be free of my pathetic way of playing Rastha , we all agreed, and i wasn't ruinig the game, may be the opposite.
I have to confess one thing, i was worried about an exam i was going to have some time later, and some unexpected duties appeared durin that time, so i had not much time, sorry about it.
And sorry about making you lose more time answering this issues, i have to say that i'm positively surprised for the work you do in this forum, i've never had to wait for long to get an answer, and the last, i ask you for typing in the rues section all the mayor and most frequent reasons to ban and forbidden things, the absence of any mention to leaving as a ban reason made alll this trouble.
Peace for all.
Chavellas.
P.S. I'm going to apel the ban now.

Sir Rogers
13-02-2009, 02:03 AM
To my knowledge it is clearly states on the official rules in the forum and in the game lobby when the host types !gameinfo.

And thanks for the compliments, I'm just trying to help out.