PDA

View Full Version : Baning system?!?!?!

DotAddiction
21-02-2009, 07:51 PM
im not quite shure is this allrdy on..
my suggestion is that bans should be first for 2-3 days then if u get ban after that u are banned for a week...after that if u get banned then u are banned for month and after that u are banned for ever..
or something like that...
what do u think about this???
ty and sry if there was any mistakes(im shure that there are some :)

Cnacnel
21-02-2009, 08:10 PM
It's too troublesome, and the ban is not always the same. Banning for heave flaming or banning for being afk is a different thing.

DotAddiction
21-02-2009, 10:01 PM
i understand that..... maybe diferent "timebans" for different things flame,noobs,etc.???
doing this u are giving another chance to player... its not good to ban"forever" first time...doing that we are loosing a new member of dotarank...

Sir Rogers
22-02-2009, 01:15 AM
Well let us consider one thing. As soon as the Boot Camp goes live, I will remove the lowskill bans.

That means all bans that are remaining will be for unmannered behaviour and gameruining.

Someone that recklessly flames his own team doesn't belong here anyway.

I've had experience with DCE, the biggest dota community on bnet in Europe. I don't want to sacrifice the quality of dotarank games for a playerbase.

A less severe ban system will only allow players to ruin what dotarank stands for: flamer and leaverfree games.

Of course some people will bring up the argument: "Yes, but then we will play with lowskill noobs."
Great ... point taken. Everyone had to start somewhere. Dotarank will not only be just leaver and flamer free. We have quality games that are enjoyable in every way.

Just to back it up with some theories on human behaviour from social science. Social communities all have a "culture" which is formed by everyone in the community. If players want to fit in they'll have to adept to the dotarank culture. I mean it personally has changed me a lot. I've become a lot more tolerant and a more friendly, welcoming player than I was before.

If I allow players to go by their own understanding of the rules and don't enforce them, the culture will change. Maybe we could be more lenient in some way, point taken. At the moment that's how the ban system works; you appeal and you get your second chance, most of the time anyway ;-)

That's everything from me. We might change the system in the future, as nothing is predictable, but for now it will stay as it is.

DotAddiction
22-02-2009, 04:04 PM
"I don't want to sacrifice the quality of dotarank games for a playerbase."
agree:))