PDA

View Full Version : High Ping only on DotaRank-Bot

RamboCalrissian
02-03-2009, 11:48 PM
Hi

A mate of me can't join any DotaRank-Game because of his Ping. The Bot kicks him for something like 200-400. But normally he always has pings like 20-40.
So why is this? And is there anything we could do about that?

Sir Rogers
03-03-2009, 12:02 AM
Hi

A mate of me can't join any DotaRank-Game because of his Ping. The Bot kicks him for something like 200-400. But normally he always has pings like 20-40.
So why is this? And is there anything we could do about that?

Where is your mate from?

RamboCalrissian
03-03-2009, 01:16 AM
Germany. His provider is 1&1.

lol_sex
03-03-2009, 02:41 AM
does he use wireless connection?

aka wlan?

roslin
03-03-2009, 03:37 PM
dnt matter , im using both wlan and lan and it works perfectly same :)

stereosushi
03-03-2009, 04:34 PM
the server stands not in germany...

where was it roger? uk?

1&1 is a bad provider.

Sir Rogers
03-03-2009, 06:46 PM
the server stands not in germany...

where was it roger? uk?

1&1 is a bad provider.

It's in London. For whatever reason, the only people having high pings are Germans, so there must be something wrong with the providers.

I mean even people who normally have a bad ping on battle.net (no offense if anyone is from there) for example Russia and Serbia. Those people play with minor spikes and no delay ....

HunterSchnitzel
03-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Yeah I think it's the providers too, cause it really is always the germans... i m myself from germany and had periods where i got bad lags or spikes... but not in the last few weeks... works for me.
But I think we just need to ahve an eye on it.

J0su
03-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Im ger and always fine pings, no lags or delay!!! :-P
Arcor ftw Oo
But I got a 16 k con, maybe thats it.

Cnacnel
03-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Im ger and always fine pings, no lags or delay!!! :-P
Arcor ftw Oo
But I got a 16 k con, maybe thats it.

... Don't speak if you have 16k connection :-X

roslin
03-03-2009, 11:30 PM
well i got "3mbit" connection n neva have any lags or spikes . . .and im from Poland , only time i do soo is when i reboot my house router . . but never had any prob playing either on wlan or lan :)

Friesisch-Scott
05-03-2009, 12:22 AM
I got 6 k in Germany and no lags or spikes at all.
Arcor aswell here. I guess 1 & 1 is just a bad provider.

RamboCalrissian
05-03-2009, 06:21 PM
Jup, I'm german and have Arcor (6mbit) as well .. for gaming there's nothing better here I believe.
So it's probably really, that 1&1 just sucks.

But sometimes in other Bnet-Games (dunno where these were hosted) it shows a high ping for him in one second, and with the next scan he has a normal one of 30 or something like that. And then he hasn't had any problems with lags in any game yet, if not everybody had those lags (--> the host was bad).

It'd be really cool, if there'd be a way to let him play on a DotaRank-Game. He would most likely not lag. It's very frustrating to have to play a normal public game always when I play with him (since I played a few DotaRank-Games I really don't want to play normal puclic ever again ^^).
Maybe there's another way to scan pings or something like that?

Sir Rogers
06-03-2009, 04:10 AM
Jup, I'm german and have Arcor (6mbit) as well .. for gaming there's nothing better here I believe.

But sometimes in other Bnet-Games (dunno where these were hosted) it shows a high ping for him in one second, and with the next scan he has a normal one of 30 or something like that. And then he hasn't had any problems with lags in any game yet, if not everybody had those lags (--> the host was bad).

It'd be really cool, if there'd be a way to let him play on a DotaRank-Game. He would most likely not lag. It's very frustrating to have to play a normal public game always when I play with him (since I played a few DotaRank-Games I really don't want to play normal puclic ever again ^^).

Ok two things:

1) I've had other reports about people lagging and their provider is 1&1, so I think that's the issue.
2) I will do my best to work on a pinging method that will take this into consideration. That means I will optimize it and hope your friend can play then, but if he has 3 pings of 400, there's not much I can do ....

Is it just that first ping that shows horribly bad?

RamboCalrissian
06-03-2009, 05:07 PM
At least on other hosts it seems to be like that. In a dotarank-game I don't know of course, since he always gets directly kicked.

Thanks for your answer and your efforts to find a solution.

AmoKSayaf
10-03-2009, 12:26 AM

Ok two things:

1) I've had other reports about people lagging and their provider is 1&1, so I think that's the issue.

I also have 1&1 (Germany) and never have any lags or delay