PDA

View Full Version : kick reasons

cibes
19-03-2009, 06:35 PM
I don't know if there is a way to do this but it would be neat to get whispered by the bot if you have been kicked after trying to join a game. I just noticed again a player joining over and over because he didn't have the map 59b. If the the bot would just whisper "you've been kicked from the game because dota map v6.59b is needed" or "you've been kicked from the game because you have been banned from the Arank community", ... this would help against those misunderstandings.

Cnacnel
19-03-2009, 07:19 PM
I don't know if there is a way to do this but it would be neat to get whispered by the bot if you have been kicked after trying to join a game. I just noticed again a player joining over and over because he didn't have the map 59b. If the the bot would just whisper "you've been kicked from the game because dota map v6.59b is needed" or "you've been kicked from the game because you have been banned from the Arank community", ... this would help against those misunderstandings.

No, no, no! I think that we can't allow people who don't have the previous map. They are nearly always noobs who started playing since .59c. :D

And btw, 59d will be released in a couple of days (Ice's blog) so it'd be good to change bot's map ver. then.

cibes
19-03-2009, 07:36 PM
:D Okay, you can use it as a guard against noobs
You might have missed a version though (i think 59c was out pretty fast after b) and anyway imo people should just know what's happening to them.

Sirian
21-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Yeah or u play from a diff location and only have the latest map ;)

Sir Rogers
21-03-2009, 06:27 PM
Autodownload is disabled beause I've had weird bugs with it in the past. Also everytime someone dls the map it consumes bandwidth, so it will never be turned on.

The bot will also never whisper anyone because you could flood the bot too easily.

Suggestion closed.