PDA

View Full Version : Games

Cnacnel
25-03-2009, 01:32 AM
Ok guys, this is just too nice. >:( Today I wanted to play a game so I signed like everyone else. I was afk for a while and the reserved slot time ended. I saw that there are 10 people but still I wanted to try joining. YEAH, I managed to do it, however, after I joined I had been kicked without any warning out by our admin (ucw)... What the hell? He didn't say anything, and it's not like I'm a map hacker or anything. Why did he kick me? Apparently he reserved a slot for someone else.

Now I know how kicked users feel, yet if I kick someone to free a slot, I at least inform this person that the slot is reserved. So please guys, all of us GMs and admins, next time just tell the one who is taking the slot's place to leave, or inform him that he's going to be kicked. It really feels awful to be kicked out like that, I felt like it was a DIV game and I didn't have enough points. :-\

The best way to have slots is to create a not-signed game (like Tyr does - he always has a list of reserved slots before starting the game). Just don't take slots of these who signed.

I posted this in order to improve the community's life - don't let it transform from players friendly community into a closed community of people who know each other and don't care about our players.

Cna

Flutschi
25-03-2009, 01:49 AM
Well, if the time endet for the reservation, and another player took ur seat, just live with it :P
its ur own fault :)

maybe the player needet to restart or something, and asked u.cant.win to reserv the slot.. so he just did what he was asked for :P

of course, he could have told u "Sry, reserved slot".. but yeah, maybe he was ina hurry, or had to kick so many people that he cant tell anyone "sry, reserved slot..", just sign up another game and DONT GO AFK :)

and no, its not the best way to open a game per "!host" command.. thats actually the worst way *g*

Cnacnel
25-03-2009, 03:18 AM
Well, if the time endet for the reservation, and another player took ur seat, just live with it :P

maybe the player needet to restart or something, and asked u.cant.win to reserv the slot.. so he just did what he was asked for :P

of course, he could have told u "Sry, reserved slot".. but yeah, maybe he was ina hurry, or had to kick so many people that he cant tell anyone "sry, reserved slot..", just sign up another game and DONT GO AFK :)

and no, its not the best way to open a game per "!host" command.. thats actually the worst way *g*

I said it's for the community, not to say "bad ucw.", I can understand why he did that , it's just that generally we shouldnt try to close ourselves to much for the new gamers.

J0su
25-03-2009, 03:36 AM
Kicking people seldomly happens in sign in games imo, which are meant for pubs.
If there are hosted games I inform to 80% that the slot is resreved, when i kick some1.
Greetz

Sir Rogers
25-03-2009, 04:07 AM
The bot doesn't have a hold command and when you're waiting for one person to join and 10 other players join instead, I can understand why you get tired of having to explain the whole story. A normal "Sorry your slot is reserved" should do.

Objuden
25-03-2009, 04:25 AM
understandable but hey shit happens ;)

Flutschi
25-03-2009, 05:27 AM

I said it's for the community, not to say "bad ucw.", I can understand why he did that , it's just that generally we shouldnt try to close ourselves to much for the new gamers.

Oh sure, it wasnt against u.