PDA

View Full Version : [Northrend] [Mistral.ts]

FiSh-MoB
28-03-2009, 06:33 AM
Helo Dotarank-Admins,
a mate of me, named Mistral.ts got banned by roterTeufel for flaming. And indeed, he did.
But the story is a bit longer:
-first of all opened a game (im also in there) named "sexy"
-he set the gamemode to "all pick / mini heroes" without informing the players before.
-me and my mates don't wanted to play this crapy mode "mini heroes" - biggest problem, that ur illus from phantom lancer shows up in normal size (and rune-illus and so on too).
-now brown and blue (roterTeufel) started booring "fu" and so on battle in chat and it seems to be a never ending story.
-so we got more and more frustrated with this mode and i think thats the reason, why the flaming comes over him (Mistral.ts).
-for me it seems so, that roterTeufel taunt Mistral.ts to flame and this is all, he got banned for playing with apparently kids, so he (Mistral.ts) left.

some minutes later my other mate (Mainz-05) and me (FiSh-MoB) left the game too.
that isn't the level i know from dotarank.

i hope someone find a little bit of time, to take a look @ the replay: gamename "sexy" by "roterTeufel" on "March 28th 2009" started "about 3 AM".

Time passed since the ban was issued: about 2 hours
Time since last appeal: it's the first
Reason(s) why you deserver to be unbanned:
-serious gamemode
-not mannered admin (roterTeufel)
-he got frustrated and said things, he don't wanted to say. he feels sorry about that.
-i know him in real life and he is a rly good friend and a nice person, there he wasn't his own.

he isn't registered yet and his english skills are less than mine. i hope u can understand my bad english and thanks for the attention. i'm from germany.
best regards
Chris a.k.a FiSh-MoB

Sir Rogers
28-03-2009, 07:20 AM
Hello Chris,

I see you've taken your time to post the appeal.

I have checked your friend's record, and he seems to be a well skilled and mannered player. Quiet guy, I might note.
I reviewed all his games that he played on DotArank so far and I get a good impression, so I have no doubt about your statements.

The behaviour roterTeufel has shown is really not up to the standard and I would like to apologize for that. It really doesn't match the standards of our members of staff. That is what we have the trial stage for and roterTeufel was only a Trial GM. I am removing him with immediate effect as he has shown completely.

I hope that your impression of DotArank won't be affect by this, I can only say how much I regret that you had to go through that. I hope that this will not happen again, I want to make sure that you get the most out of your games and if you ever see a member of staff not leading by example or abusing their power, please do use the !report command ingame. (e.g. !report 1 unjustifed ban) - And no worries, your ban reports are completely confidential, they can only be seen by admins that have a higher rank than the person that was reported.

Needless to say, I unbanned your friend Mistral, but even in a situation like that he could've asked for a remake instead of starting to flame. What he did was not right and I don't approve his actions, however given the special circumstances I think it's fair to say that he deserves an unban.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

roterTeufel
28-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Hey Guyes,

Yesterday we had a lot of games and a lot of fun with mannered and well playing ppl! Then we decided to make a funny game imean not like wtf or something but just mini mode! I decided it spontaniously to type -apmi.
Some ppl said omg some ppl said o funny mode i didnt know it. Then nothing happens.
Long time nothing happens until Mistral.ts realized, that his illus are bigger then then normal! I didnt know that before. I only kew it about rune illus but never mind!
Then i flamed Bob, he was with me in skype, but in the other Team and he knew it was meant serious! There were like 5 ppl in skype and we just had some alcohol and a lot of fun! Normally we team- chat flame but we were 6 mates so one needed to go scourge!
Min 8:37 Mistra started heavy flaming and josu asked why not ask for rmk! Min:9 10 Next flame from mistra like "fucking ashole say something damen ashole!"
Then i said you are banned soon! Josu said "Why not normal disscusin here" something like that. Never ever someone flamed me like that and i felt really bad.
Instead of flaming Misral could have just said can we rmk or something like that....
Min:10 Two more flames like "kannst du mal deinen verdammt Fresse halten?" This was more then enough for me! I didnt flame him once until this Point of the Game! Then he flamed more and more.......
Then i banned him
Min 24 Mistral left the game short time later fish and mainz left the Game too
The only thing i said "if you calmed down tell me cause i wanted to unban him if he relaxes!
So I can only appologize for typing -mi
You can ask other players Like Guyever/terror/r4pex/legendary bob/donlazerus
I really dont understand this heavy flame
So maybe just talk in a normal way as i do
roterTeufel

J0su
28-03-2009, 05:59 PM
Hi guys,

I was in this game, it was late in the night and we played a lot of games and drank some alcohol:
Me, t.error, r4pex, Roterteufel, Thelegendarybob, donlazarus

We got bored and decided to play a fun mode, unfortunately some players disliked this mode.
Ok so far...

~Game starts~

0:00 Roter types in the mode: -apmi
1:47 Mistral.ts: "omg"
1:47 Fish-Mob: "what's this"
*no further complains*
*1 postive feedback by Gosu here*
3:47 Fish-Mob: "illus from pl are normal sized ?"
4:37- 4:50 harmless flame between Roter and thelegendarybob
thelegendarybob: "noob"
roterteufel: "fu"
thelegendarybob: "fu2"

To explain this we were in skype and normally flame us there but holy christ, it's no serious flaming!
Fish-mob and other couldnt know, ok ...

8:37 Mistral.ts starting heavy flaming, dont have the exact spelling, but sth. like:
"blue you fucking asshole this game suxx"

At this point why dont ask mannerd for a rmk because his illus are normal sized???????
Roter felt prolly insulted and I can understand his behaviour not even starting a normal discussion from then on.
it was no longer the matter that he didnt want to rmk this game but he wasnt willing to argue with this mistral.ts guy anymore.

9:10 nxt heavy flame by mistral.ts: sth like "say sth. fucking asshole"

Again..., Roter gets insulted again and now it was an emotional matter between him and this guy and this is just human,
to feel grieved!

At this time no hint that fish-mob, this mistral.ts and mainz05 were mates and no complains by those 2 mates of mistral.ts about the mode.

10:10 nxt flame by mistral.ts i wont quote anything again but just low mannerd !

10:36 nxt flame by mistral.ts

15:19 nxt flame """"""

At this point no single insult by roter except the one between him and bob !

24 min mistral.ts leaves and roter logically bans him

24 min +++ fish-mob and mainz05 leave, they were mates of him and I'm sure it was more the reason they left because of their mate instead that it was mini-mode.

My conclusion in this case is, that roter didnt flame at any point and this mistral.ts guy never tried to ask in a mannerd way to rmk this game right from the start!
So the arguement that hes low mannerd is not right at this place, what is left is that he hosted -apmi without asking those other ppl.
But hey ? is this a reason to remove his gm status ? I can understand that Fish-Mob and mainz05 left it was 4n5 and they showed solidarity to their mate.
But I cant understand why Mistral.ts is unbanned after all that.

Cheers

P.S.: Here for all the replay to proove my position

http://www.dota-allstars.com/replay/109675/index.html

Cnacnel
28-03-2009, 07:42 PM
-serious gamemode

The game name wasn't "sexy ap", nor "sexy rd" so I don't understand why he shouldn't have done -apmi, just whine more about game mode or ask for rmk if you don't like the mode. Then, he would've rmk it.

-not mannered admin (roterTeufel)

Yeah, and Mistral.ts was really well mannered starting the whole quarrel.
08m 35s [All] Mistral.ts: fuucking blue asshole damn stuppid mode
08m 37s [All] Mistral.ts: ffs
09m 06s [All] Mistral.ts: blue say sth damn assshole

-he got frustrated and said things, he don't wanted to say. he feels sorry about that.

I think Roter also had a reason to get frustrated. Moreover, alcohol was affecting his reasoning and the way he responded.
Another thing is that Roter warned Mistral 2 times before banning, unfortunately his flaming didn't stop.

-i know him in real life and he is a rly good friend and a nice person, there he wasn't his own.

Was he drunk, why he wasn't his own? It's not like we the GMs know every person, and played with everyone before. We don't know how others behaved in the previous games. We are taking a risk and banning/kicking people without knowing their social background and all the information that you, as his friend, know.

FiSh-MoB
28-03-2009, 08:59 PM
First of all: thank you for unban Mistral.ts and your attention to this Sir Rogers. Now I can continue the enjoying of leaver-less dotarank-games.

Now i understand the serious gameplay from tiny (bob,brown). He let me more than one time die and stand behind and do nothing and it seems to be unable to play in team with him. But I don't want to analyse the hole game in this thread. I'll never understand "fun"-flames at all!

There were mistakes on both sides and i think we can lay this down.

And yes, it was our mistake to not ask for a remake, next time we'll do this!

Best regards,
Chris

J0su
28-03-2009, 09:32 PM
good that you agree, now its up to Roger to end this.

QuickDeath
28-03-2009, 09:44 PM
There have been several violations taken place regarding Teufels moderation according to the "Guide to moderation". a set of rules that have to be followed by Gm's to ensure GG's

1. The dotarank BOT is NOT supposed to be used for creation of game modes other than the ones that are implied (-rd,-ap etc)
2. A Gm at all times should either include the mode in the game name or state the mode in lobby.
3. A Gm should be mannered at all times. Being on skype or being drunk is not an excuse. On the contrary this would make the !report function totally useless.
4. Moderator "The Guyver" jumps into the chat by replying "rofl your mother" to the player instead of trying as a gm to further assist into creating a "friendly atmosphere within the game"

Between an argument a player and a GM, a player is Never right. A player is only right when a GM has not done his job well.

Teufel has not done his job well.

Topic Closed.