PDA

View Full Version : Backdooring/Leaver using

AttitudeProblem
04-04-2009, 03:11 PM
Hi, yesterday I played a game where I got flamed back at when i told my enemy team that they shouldn't backdoor becos it's forbidden, but nobody belived me and even my teammates told me to go to read the rules "noob". When I used search at the forum after the game, I found Rogers post about backdooring and that in gameinfo it says that it's forbidden. Am I right or did I just pick up some outdated posts? And if it is forbidden, please include it at the Rules section becos this wasn't the first time I've got argues about this.

Also something about leaver using, one day I played a game where we had a leaver zeus and when I used his ulti to scout, enemys strated to whine that it's forbidden and "unfair", unfair indeed, we are playing 4v5 -.-'... but anyway, is it forbidden in DR?

J0su
04-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Hi man,

I am not sure about the leaver issue, well if I am in the team with 1 less, I use the leaver to def or zeus to scout, because its just fair imo.
Backdoring is not allowed ! I myself really hate it! There is a fair push rule and poeple have to obey it.

The thing is poeple say that they didnt know the speficic arank rules and refer to league rules etc.
To go into detail, when a tower is denyable they may backdoor to destroy it or when creeps enterd the base they are allowwed to attack all buildings.
Dunno what we should do against this...when games arent moderated there is nobody spaming the game rules.

Les consider I moderate a game and spam the gamerules (!gameinfo) before countdown and later there is somebody ingame who backdoors.
Imo it would be really harsch to ban such a guy right away, as a GM you should warn those poeple to stop it. If they wont stop it, I ban them.

J0su
04-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Maybe Rog can implement gamerules to sign games, so that that everybody can read that there is a fair push rule, even there is no GM.

AttitudeProblem
04-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Ok thanks, I have the same oppinion that in 4v5 it's at least fair to let a team use leaver, ffs they are 1 player short and using zeus ulti once in 3 min is not that unfair, at least when all heros are +16 lvl and zeus was 6...

Sir Rogers
04-04-2009, 05:17 PM
You are completely right and it's not allowed.

If that happens to you again, please report the people that break the rules by using the !report command.

Read up here (http://www.dotarank.com/index.php?action=commands) on how to use it.

I am also considering to set up a first kind of division, by making the channel games only playable if you've registered on the website and confirmed your account.
I would add the rules on the confirmation page.

Losfer
06-04-2009, 09:12 PM
To go into detail, when a tower is denyable they may backdoor to destroy it or when creeps enterd the base they are allowwed to attack all buildings.

I had an impression that you only finished the defences in the lane you were attacking. meaning you push mid, finish mid, then got to push top to finish top etc...
Thats atleast what you see when you spam !gameinfo.
fair pushrule, you may only attack towers in the lane youre attacking. think it was something like that

Sir Rogers
06-04-2009, 10:25 PM

I had an impression that you only finished the defences in the lane you were attacking. meaning you push mid, finish mid, then got to push top to finish top etc...
Thats atleast what you see when you spam !gameinfo.
fair pushrule, you may only attack towers in the lane youre attacking. think it was something like that

Backdoor - you can finish off a tower when it's deniable, it's not considered as backdooring.
Fair Push Rule - You may only attack towers in the lane that you're pushing. However as you notice this does not include raxes. That means if you're pushing bottom tower and you killed the mid tower in a previous push, but one rax is still standing, you may take that rax as long as you enter the base legitimately with creeps.

J0su
06-04-2009, 10:52 PM
I am a stupid fool... now I know better, thx for disabusing me :P :)