PDA

View Full Version : Orcley

Orcley
20-04-2009, 09:17 AM
Banned for not following protocol and losing patience with a guy who refused to be part of the team. I understand I cannot control people - but it's impossible for me to not get a little frustrated when someone single handedly loses a game through selfish gaming. (No chick control, no chat response other than taunts, single lane farming 24/7, no TP scrolls.)
Dota is a team game and I expect my team to act like it. I took a big gamble playing with the same guy the next game because we were short on numbers. So instead of leaving in the lobby to save my sanity, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Within the first few minutes he proved me wrong by taking my hero, buying items before I could ask for swap (it was -CM.) So instead of wasting 60 minutes for an enivatable loss, I left before creeps spawned so they could remake without me.

NETRAT
20-04-2009, 12:32 PM
dotarank is all about _not_to_leave_game_ in any curcumstances, cuz even if u have a total noob/game ruiner in ur team, rest 8 players might be still having fun, and u gonna ruin it if u leave. The worst thing u can do - is to leave(or probably, feed & then leave). You should report at ppl that are ruining game by their actions by using !report cmd, not by flaming or leaving. I dont know what is cm mode about, cuz captain picks 5 heroes and then ppl choose hero they like from the set of 5 heroes, so i dont think u can claim any of that heroes yours. Anyways, i think that every1 deserves his second chance.

Orcley
20-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Report is worthless. Heroes are chosen for players - because they play them best. It's agreed in chat between the team and captain who plays what. Standard gameplay, standard teamwork, standard honorable actions, and I expect them from everyone I play with, because it is exactly that - STANDARD. Dota is a team game, five versus five. I simply dont understand anyone that expects to go into a Dota game and farm from start to finish, with zero input and expect to win against competant players. It's madness.

Sir Rogers
20-04-2009, 02:58 PM
I agree with Orcley here. I will change the ruleset in that "stealing" a hero from someone that reserved it either through his own action or through the team captain will be a bannable offense.

I wasn't able to find your previous game Orcley, I believe it wasn't a dotarank game. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt here. I will change the ruleset after discussion with the rest of the staff, but I don't think there will be any objections.

Orcley's appeal was granted. If there is anyone who would like to say something about the upcoming change of the ruleset, please raise your voice here :-)

NETRAT
20-04-2009, 04:31 PM
i think this question worth dedicated thread for discussion

i dont get how ppl can "reserve" heroes... ex. cm mode, most of games i played captains choose heroes set that is the best based on their own expirience or oppinion, i can just say that i pwn everything with storm & dislike melee heroes(yes, thats my style), so what? i dont expect captain to choose storm or should I? and what about rd or ap modes? kinda "reservation" is applied for them?
i think that in case captain says he picked certain hero for certain player, picking this hero by another player can be treaten as gameruining with optional banning that player and remaking game, though only in case it was intentional & unacceptable

Sirian
20-04-2009, 05:02 PM
if a captain builds a team around an idea, tells the team he will play the key hero for that strategy and then someone else takes it and ruins the game thats a gameruin ban period.

NETRAT
20-04-2009, 05:49 PM
if a captain builds a team around an idea, tells the team he will play the key hero for that strategy and then someone else takes it and ruins the game thats a gameruin ban period.
agree, completely, though, i didnt met any game of that kind, the best captain imo picked heroes he want to be on his side and let ppl pick hero they want from that set, he was the last to pick
i''m still confused about how cm mode is meant to be played

Flutschi
20-04-2009, 05:53 PM
if... and i stress the IF.. u chatting with the captain, and agree with him that he takes a hero for u, THEN the hero is for you..
just use the !report system (and this system is not worthless) and after this, u should be allowed to leave (this is my opinion, dont do it before the rules say u can do it)

but if he take the hero for the team (so the hero fits anyway his idea of a team) then u should talk to others that u want to play him.. if 2 ppl not getting along, then simple roll for it..
higher number get the hero :)

my 2 cents

Sir Rogers
20-04-2009, 05:55 PM
if... and i stress the IF.. u chatting with the captain, and agree with him that he takes a hero for u, THEN the hero is for you..
just use the !report system (and this system is not worthless) and after this, u should be allowed to leave (this is my opinion, dont do it before the rules say u can do it)

but if he take the hero for the team (so the hero fits anyway his idea of a team) then u should talk to others that u want to play him.. if 2 ppl not getting along, then simple roll for it..
higher number get the hero :)

my 2 cents

I wouldn't say you should leave. You should report the player after trying to negotiate and if he swaps the hero then there is no problem. However if this doesn't happen then kindly ask for a !votermk

Blood.Bank
20-04-2009, 06:13 PM
but.. i read the bot commands thingy and it said that !votermk doesnt work when 10 players are in the game = 1 gotta leave before it works

Sir Rogers
20-04-2009, 06:15 PM
but.. i read the bot commands thingy and it said that !votermk doesnt work when 10 players are in the game = 1 gotta leave before it works

Yes, and since the bot is down at the moment, it doesn't mater. I will change that setting of course in such a case.

Objuden
20-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Captain is The Captain. nuf said 8)

iwontcarry
20-04-2009, 10:54 PM
personally, i dont care which hero to play - normally i pick last.
i cant stand people, who say "i play mira" just straight forward, mby another one wants too, but typed too slow. so what now? the first one plays mira, cause he was faster in typing? no way - if one decides in cm, then the captain. in rd or other modes there are no reservations

Sirian
20-04-2009, 11:06 PM
pretty bold to play a cm on dotarank with 4 randoms though :) as strats will NEVER work.

potmus
21-04-2009, 02:58 PM
Everyone plays some heroes better then others.
Ending up with a hero you suck at isn't fun neither for you, neither for the team.

So if the captain reserves a hero for one guy it's kinda obvious another guy shouldn't steal it...

NETRAT
22-04-2009, 11:18 AM
personally, i dont care which hero to play - normally i pick last.
i cant stand people, who say "i play mira" just straight forward, mby another one wants too, but typed too slow. so what now? the first one plays mira, cause he was faster in typing? no way - if one decides in cm, then the captain. in rd or other modes there are no reservationssame to me, in cm modes i pick last, cuz i know i can play well almost every hero(except naix =)

Ending up with a hero you suck at isn't fun neither for you, neither for the team. i believe that playing hero u sux is the best way to increase skill on this hero...

Losfer
30-04-2009, 01:22 AM
since this isnt clan nor league games, reserving heros aint an option imho. You dont know the ones you play with, and ban someone for picking a "reserved" hero is wrong. If you dont like it you can play rd games. Luckily most cm games people listen to the captain and those that ask for a specific hero gets it, thats from my own experience.

I suck with many heros, but always pick last since I want the rest to pick what they play best, and i can l2p the last hero.