PDA

View Full Version : Ideas around the client..

Flutschi
20-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Here we go, everything in mind around the client, pls put in here :)

i know, some of the things maybe already done.. but still :)

General Things:

- If u Login, pls make an option to save my password (and if someone dont want to save, make that if I open the client, that the first field focus is the password box.. u know that i can start typing when the client is there :)

- The color that u dont see, they should be forbidden.. Archon's color for example, i always have to mark all to see who writes now ..

- Resizing window should resizing chat also.. if u go fullscreen, then the chat is on the right top corner :P

- always autoupdate (even without an update) (loving it)

- a PEEP-tone for hosting a game, then we know when its hosted when you are not in the game..

- dotamap updater.. :)

- tool-starting-tool .. that when i start client, that it starts my wc3, autohotkey, windowtool, maphack and so on :P

- integrated coffee machine.. for late nights.. thx

my 2 swiss francs :)

Sir Rogers
21-07-2009, 06:06 PM
- If u Login, pls make an option to save my password (and if someone dont want to save, make that if I open the client, that the first field focus is the password box.. u know that i can start typing when the client is there :)

- The color that u dont see, they should be forbidden.. Archon's color for example, i always have to mark all to see who writes now ..

- Resizing window should resizing chat also.. if u go fullscreen, then the chat is on the right top corner :P

All implemented

- a PEEP-tone for hosting a game, then we know when its hosted when you are not in the game..

- dotamap updater.. :)

Work in progress

- always autoupdate (even without an update) (loving it)

- tool-starting-tool .. that when i start client, that it starts my wc3, autohotkey, windowtool, maphack and so on :P

- integrated coffee machine.. for late nights.. thx

Get a life

More suggestions are as always highly appreciated :-)

Regards,
Sir Rogers

Flutschi
21-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Get a life

Life? sry whats that?

@topic

- maybe that i can whisper bot with !rank or !baninfo, or whatever i want to :)

oa2000
22-07-2009, 11:40 AM
i want the coffee machine!!!!

Artan
24-07-2009, 12:14 AM
yea, please install microwave so we can heat pizza and stuff like that.
only kidding.

okey, how about private conversations between users.

and one more thing. if you can detect in client when you join game in warcraft, you could automate !login command (spoofchecking).

add user icons instead different colors. rainbow hurts the eyes.

oh and maybe we posted in wrong thread. there is other one for client suggestions. damn.

oa2000
24-07-2009, 12:02 PM
a page function like in vent?

minus_arem
25-07-2009, 04:52 PM
my suggestions for the client:

-the possibility to whisper someone at the client. like in irc a new chat would pop up, where only the 2 of you can talk.
-maybe a display before each post to see the time of speaking. like : [10:13] minus arem: hi guys
-a short sound signal if a new game has been hosted (or the possibility to switch that on/off)

as i wrote at the other thread, i pretty like the client ;)

[^DarKneSS^]
02-08-2009, 02:45 AM

-the possibility to whisper someone at the client. like in irc a new chat would pop up, where only the 2 of you can talk.
-maybe a display before each post to see the time of speaking. like : [10:13] minus arem: hi guys
-a short sound signal if a new game has been hosted (or the possibility to switch that on/off)

good one

Josh_lopes
11-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Upgrade some things:

- password should be encrypted in sha1 imo...
- check if the user already is on game, delete reservations of that user with that name. Some of the people sign before c if they have place on game, result: they make a reservation and wont join that game and that game will be created for 10 players when in fact just 5 are there.
- check if the user signed on eurobattle or on client, i can sign on both places (client and eurobattle) with the same nick

Regards~

Sirian
11-08-2009, 09:07 PM
-make it client only
-autowarn/kick players using non-english

Flutschi
11-08-2009, 10:16 PM
-make it client only
-autowarn/kick players using non-english

Client only would be nice, BUT.. yes always a BUT :o) we have to few ppl.. and the chat has (as strange as it is) a 60 ppl limit, so maybe if rogers fix this, then we can go alone :o)
but not yet.. its too early

and about the autowarn.. i myself like sometimes to talk in german when noone is around, so if then everytime would be a warn thingy.. i wouldnt like it :o(

Sir Rogers
11-08-2009, 11:41 PM
I'm working on the fix for the chat limitation right now.

I hope that I finish that in 1-2 days.

Josh_lopes
15-08-2009, 12:56 AM
When join a game change the chat or add a tab for that chat game
One option to save chat

Regards~

Sir Rogers
15-08-2009, 02:29 AM
When join a game change the chat or add a tab for that chat game
One option to save chat

Regards~

Chatlogs are already saved. I'm working on a display of player states right now: Online, Afk, Ingame, etc...

And the private messsaging system of course. I've got some nice ideas for that.

Although there were huge initial problems with the patch today it all runs smoothly now.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

Andersfizel
18-08-2009, 01:31 PM
And the private messsaging system of course. I've got some nice ideas for that.

I was thinking it could be like a split screen, for the chat so lobby chat/PM's are separated and the game sign panel still at the right

Dj_stu

gr4ph-kill3R
18-08-2009, 01:45 PM
1) Whisper
2) re-connection after Disconnect and play
3) see who play in any game we want
4) statut (afk,ingame,...)
5) speak whit groupe that we want whit voice (like tours to not be tired to write everysingle move)

.... and more more more ^^ hhh

Cnacnel
29-08-2009, 11:21 PM
Seeing how the whisper system works I thought that it might be possible to add a chat for every game. Like in HoN.
You join the game - you're in chat "dotarank xxx". It's also good for making remakes, you can make it in the game chat and no one who didnt play the game can access it.

gr4ph-kill3R
31-08-2009, 02:36 PM
that gonna be great if we can see who in the open game in the client !!!!

NETRAT
31-08-2009, 03:49 PM
and mark ppl in list that are in game now or have minimized their client to tray or running fullscreen application (can't read client chat atm)

Spasmolyt
31-08-2009, 05:37 PM
and mark ppl in list that are in game now or have minimized their client to tray or running fullscreen application (can't read client chat atm)

Well I can read the client chat while running WC3 in full screen mode, because it's on another monitor.

Blood.Bank
31-08-2009, 06:01 PM
you use 2 monitors ? >.<

Spasmolyt
31-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Yes, 3 were too bulky.

Blood.Bank
31-08-2009, 08:02 PM
how does it even work.. 2screenies on 1 comp?

marcvs
31-08-2009, 08:41 PM
1. double click on game in progress gives more info on game, like exact time it started, which players are in, maybe even teams :)
2.double click on player in client gives info of player
3. status of players, like afk,available,in game and so on
4. maybe making it possible to make local info of player, like !makelokalinfo Sir-Rogers damn noob leaver, which would be stored on players pc
5. pizza ordering from client

minus_arem
31-08-2009, 09:03 PM
5. pizza ordering from client

best idea so far.

Sirian
03-09-2009, 07:02 PM
[18:06] Sirian: to give gms/staff a color of their nick ------> there aswell
[18:06] Sirian: so ppl can see who to ask
[18:06] Sirian: and put them on top
[18:06] Sirian: of that list
[18:07] Sirian: channel list mIRC style
[18:07] CNaCNel: yeahmake a list by status then rank/alphabet
[18:07] Sirian: exactly

Sirian
03-09-2009, 07:15 PM
[18:20] Sirian: a help button with links to everything you need

links to: faq/wc3patches/versionswitcher/getdota/hero/item info(playdota)/

Dejan_Xy
08-09-2009, 12:38 AM
Pleaseeeeeeeeee add a sound notification when a new game is made, i missed like a dozen games already cause i was surfing the web and couldn't see the client window :(

Oh, and nice work once again on the client and the updates, you're doing a real good job, keep it up! :)

edit: Flutschi just told me of a nice command called "sound" :D

Anyway, you should prolly get a FAQ or something with the new commands :)

Regards.

Josh_lopes
13-09-2009, 04:15 PM
The sound of game hosted as been added... Now add the sound "Your game as been started!" =)

So we can browsing in DR forums while we w8 for the people to be ready =)

Well done with the changes!

Regards~

TyR)
13-09-2009, 04:18 PM
When a WarCraft III game starts your mousecursor jumps into the top left corner of your screen.
Just for the record (=

Cnacnel
13-09-2009, 04:31 PM
How about translating the client? Pretty many Poles (I could do this one), Germans, French, Croats, Serbs use the client so I think it might be a good idea.

Sirian
13-09-2009, 04:34 PM
that would be counter productive for keeping the english-only rule up

Cnacnel
13-09-2009, 04:43 PM
that would be counter productive for keeping the english-only rule up

Why should it be? I think it will only make e.g. rules more understandable for people who can't speak English. It won't encourage speaking in their native language, as it is stated in the rules (which they would now understand) that they are obliged to speak English in all-chat/ally-chat (if someone opposes).

gr4ph-kill3R
18-09-2009, 06:46 PM
How about translating the client? Pretty many Poles (I could do this one), Germans, French, Croats, Serbs use the client so I think it might be a good idea.

for that i think better to creat channels =) (moroccan channels,spanish,ger....) that the best counter =)

Cnacnel
27-09-2009, 05:05 PM
new sound - only 10 dls so plz ONLY people interested http://rapidshare.com/files/285673320/hosted.wav.html
translations - translated main window, miscellanies (like:"Your friend CnaCnel is now online), user commands, changelog and rules. I don't know what else to translate as I e.g. don't have the full list of failed command responses (and sometimes I don't know what are they supposed to mean).

TyR)
28-09-2009, 02:59 AM
This voice tells me that it never did anything more boring than telling me my fucking game has been hosted. =o
Apart from that nice, definitely better than the current one.

Nice translating, good job, Cna (=

Sirian
29-09-2009, 10:17 PM
ctrl+f = search function :P

vaurkk
09-02-2010, 11:16 PM
I'm surprised there is no feature available to see who is ingame and who is not in the channel.

In Garena there is such feature, there's a different icon on the left side of the name. Why can't we put such kind of feature here ? Maybe add a colored name or an icon too ? I really don't feel like whoising everyone in DPL or InF to see if we have 10 players or more available.

On a personal note, I'm still waiting to be able to play and host funmaps on DR.

Is it ever gonna happen ?

Sirian
10-02-2010, 04:35 PM
i agree, we need gem td

Spasmolyt
10-02-2010, 07:41 PM
We also need a gem like in Diablo 2 bnet that you can push all the time when you're bored, with 0.1% chance to activate a perfect gem. Everybody will be puzzled by this.

Sir Rogers
11-02-2010, 02:54 PM
We also need a gem like in Diablo 2 bnet that you can push all the time when you're bored, with 0.1% chance to activate a perfect gem. Everybody will be puzzled by this.

What's that all about? I played D2 : LoD for quite a few years on bnet and I have no idea what you're on about ...

Regards,
Sir Rogers

Spasmolyt
11-02-2010, 04:44 PM
http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3670
http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723552
Basically it does nothing but kept thousands of players busy for a while because it's just so mysterious!

NeC.madchen
12-02-2010, 01:37 AM
-add short sound for incoming private message

CRO_ZeuS
12-02-2010, 04:05 AM
-add short sound for incoming private message

short sound when u recive but not when u got that chat window opened

Rozel
04-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Possibility to get ban on public.

Cnacnel
04-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Possibility to get ban on public.

hahaha..... "_"

I like this idea.

x_T_c
04-03-2010, 05:54 PM
N1 :D If someone is unvouched from dr.com , dr.ih , inf , dpl and banned on pub where he can play ?! :rolleyes:

Rozel
04-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Damn, stated it wrong. Possibility to get ban on pub on own request :D.
+
Possibility to make ban/warn requests when ppl simply can't pick but still go take cap slot... and after 2-3 shit-capts unvouch :)? I understand that it's best way to learn to cap, but not when it ruins game for 4 ppl.

Feudal
30-04-2010, 01:16 AM
well i am new and didnt see here any list of players,soo mabey if u make a ranked player list it will be more interesting and easy for see in player expiriance ;P

Dejan_Xy
01-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Bring back the !report command :)

flerK
08-06-2010, 08:36 PM
I would like to see people getting automatically revouched after a day/week/month-ban
Posting new vouchrequests after a 5day-ban is just stupid, I think u should just have to post a vouch request if u have been banned forever.

Sir Rogers
08-06-2010, 11:13 PM
I would like to see people getting automatically revouched after a day/week/month-ban
Posting new vouchrequests after a 5day-ban is just stupid, I think u should just have to post a vouch request if u have been banned forever.

so you want to see a !timeban command?
Basically, right?

Regards,
Sir Rogers

flerK
01-07-2010, 04:38 PM
so you want to see a !timeban command?
Basically, right?

Regards,
Sir Rogers

Exactly, aslo a kind of "ping" sound when u get a private message!

Sir Rogers
01-07-2010, 11:27 PM
Exactly, aslo a kind of "ping" sound when u get a private message!

I'm still looking for an appropriate sound. That's the biggest problem.

Both of your suggestions are currently being implemented.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

NeC.madchen
04-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Remove hl sound from main chat and add it onyl for pm.

is it possible to enable save and load option? not for public, but myb for some leuagues.

GrisoM
05-07-2010, 08:16 PM

+1!

Sir Rogers
06-07-2010, 06:36 AM
+1!

All of those suggestions have already been implemented. :-)

Remove hl sound from main chat and add it onyl for pm.

is it possible to enable save and load option? not for public, but myb for some leuagues.

It should be possible, just exactly how will have to be explored.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

flerK
06-07-2010, 03:43 PM
I'm still looking for an appropriate sound. That's the biggest problem.

Both of your suggestions are currently being implemented.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

Here are some sounds that may work!

http://www.autohotkey.net/~Lequi/pong_board_bounce.wav

http://www.sxtgedu.net/download/sounds/buttons/click_07.wav

http://www-tc.pbskids.org/wordgirl/content/sound/doink.mp3

http://www.sounds.beachware.com/2illionzayp3may/jspjrz/BLOOP.mp3

http://www.sounds.beachware.com/2illionzayp3may/illwavul/PONG.mp3

http://www.danshost.com/rm2k/Sound/s30_sfx_barreloff.wav

http://www.sxtgedu.net/download/sounds/buttons/click_01.wav

http://home.teleport.com/~tooldiva/public_html/calendar/8k8bit.wav/Bloop.wav

http://www.peterjager.net/gvb/halteafroep/marc_klardie/GONG.wav

http://stephane.brechet.free.fr/Sons/MP3/BUBBLE.mp3

http://www-tc.pbskids.org/wordgirl/content/sound/bloop.mp3

safa7
03-08-2010, 01:40 AM
since RGC gamers plays CM it would be awesome and handy if theres a built in team speak people with the right set (mic etc..) it would make game much funner and more challenging since in publics its not about teams and clans always :)