View Full Version : Suggestion about dotarank...

SoN_Of_DeviL
28-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Hi guys l would like to talk about this Dotarank channel and suggest few things.

First, l support thing that dotarank channel should be more like league then friendly channel,but l see that lot of you are against it, because of that, l wrote this :)
Probablly lot of you guys heard about dpl-Dota private league and long time ago Hostbot. People could enter that channel only after testgame or posted ,, Proper request '' with some pvt game. I think that this channel should be more like it, because dpl and hostbot died :-[ . Also this channel have predisposition to be much better then old pvt leagues because Sir-Rogers gives fascinating techinical support.

About GMers and levels on DR:
I saw lot of gmers in this channel. Lot of them are on pub level skill.So l have suggestion that Sir-Rogers make one more level of players.It should be like this: 1st lvl are simple players of dotarank. 2nd lvl can cr8 game. and final 3rd level would have privileges like GMers.

I hope so that Rogers and others players will have patience to read this... cmon guys l spend whole day writting this :)

Best regards.

Shoot3r
28-07-2009, 03:54 PM
Good idea , rogers told me that DR will have much divisons this ideas should be realised i cant w8 for DR to have a inhouse division

SoN_Of_DeviL
28-07-2009, 04:15 PM
And by the way when l was playing today l get one idea about points.So l have one more suggestion :)
Today l was talking with some GMers, and they said that thing about point increase is alrady in proggres (that rogers work on it).But anyway if u make point increase all players would give their best ingame ... In dotarank games its only point to stay in game and even with 0/10 score u will get same points like the guy who have really nice score.So l think you should change it ...

Sir Rogers
28-07-2009, 04:36 PM
About your suggestions. What you suggested is already implemented in the Client: the Inhouse channel.

A private channel that is joinable only after you were vouched by a GM. That means you will have to display a high level of manners and a certain level of skill to be able to play there. With the emphasis being on manners.

The second thing about points, there will not be any league-like thing in normal games since it would ruin the game atmosphere. In the future games will be balancable by the bot through a skill level algorithm, which is not completed yet and I will reveal information about this as I progress.

There will be a competitive section with tournaments like the LoL tournament that we have every week and for those there will be public stats available because stats belong to competitive games, not casual games.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

Fluffy
28-07-2009, 05:35 PM
damn u rogers, just wanted to write nearly the same just in much worse english:-p

just one thing i want to ask u Son_of_Devil

About GMers and levels on DR:
I saw lot of gmers in this channel. Lot of them are on pub level skill.

What u want to say with that? GMs arent GMs because they play good, their main reason for beeing gms is the fact that they are in the DR community for quite some time and have good manners. They help answering questions, help newcommers to play in the community, keep an eye on the behaviour of the players and so on, that all can be done even with low skills like mine.
Just wanted to add that and again damn u rogers!

SoN_Of_DeviL
29-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Ok Rogers thx for your time and about that private channel on client, l cant wait to play there* :)

Fluffy l actually didnt mean on you... I played few games with you,and l saw that you are skilled, and also l saw that you are giving nice support on forum... I talked to few GMs and they told me what is your major job. And by the way they were ( like u said ) mannered guys.:D

And pls dont call me Son_of_devil, from now l am on nick Painful^Rulez

Best regards.

Cnacnel
29-07-2009, 10:18 AM
You can go to you profile ---> account settings, and change your nickname to Painful^Rulez. :)

Artan
29-07-2009, 10:49 AM
I think that this channel should be more like it, because dpl and hostbot died

lol. they died, so it should be more like them? where is the logic in that.

Sir Rogers should keep doing it his style. And it will never die.

SoN_Of_DeviL
29-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Uh ty GM u rulez :D ...

I think that this channel should be more like it, because dpl and hostbot died

lol. they died, so it should be more like them? where is the logic in that.

Sir Rogers should keep doing it his style. And it will never die.

Did u even read whole thing (what l wrote)* ???
Hostbot and dpl died because they had horable admins, but like l said with Sir-Rogers this channel couldnt die ...

TyR)
30-07-2009, 05:09 AM
We really need to get into those ss/dpl/whatever's headz that dotarank is NO-DAMN-League and will never be one
Community
Community
Community!

For anyone who values skill higher than manners this is the freaking wrong place to play, please understand that and I maybe have to ban less people in the future...

Manners are the base for anything else and if you already say it's not fair that the 0/10 guy gets the same point as the way better playing gamer than you didn't understand what DotArank is about. Think again. Please!

Flutschi
30-07-2009, 07:05 AM
We really need to get into those ss/dpl/whatever's headz that dotarank is NO-DAMN-League and will never be one
Community
Community
Community!

For anyone who values skill higher than manners this is the freaking wrong place to play, please understand that and I maybe have to ban less people in the future...

Manners are the base for anything else and if you already say it's not fair that the 0/10 guy gets the same point as the way better playing gamer than you didn't understand what DotArank is about. Think again. Please!

Signed!

Fluffy
30-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Community
Community
Community!

Signed!

absolutly right
but keep banning them :-p

SoN_Of_DeviL
30-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Cool down man ... Is this suggestion channel ? Then why are you pissed so much ? :D

And how can some1 have good manners and be cool in game when KORDA and KOLDA 2 friends 0/14 and 0/13 score yesterday...
First item on enigma belt of gaint strenght (no heals and after belt he had 150 gold) and the other one ( l think he's nick is kolda but not shure ) played omni first magic battle hunger ... cmon sometimes l even can have normal game ... coz of those guys.:P

minus_arem
30-07-2009, 11:13 AM
And how can some1 have good manners and be cool in game when KORDA and KOLDA 2 friends 0/14 and 0/13 score yesterday...

that is quite easy. just remember that dota is still a game and u and the others play it to have some fun at their free time + everyone was new to this game someday.
of course someone like you will say now: "how can i have fun when those n00bs ruin my fuckin game !!11" this is something many of us had or still have to learn xD
just try to play a good game for yourself and avoid them in future games.
that is the best thing u can do - and always remember: flaming and losing manners leads to nowhere!

Fluffy
30-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Cool down man ... Is this suggestion channel ? Then why are you pissed so much ? :D

First item on enigma belt of gaint strenght (no heals and after belt he had 150 gold) and the other one ( l think he's nick is kolda but not shure ) played omni first magic battle hunger ... cmon sometimes l even can have normal game ... coz of those guys.:P

well minus_arem is absolutly right its still just a game. That game was just fail for ur team. happens from time to time, now u know that u shouldnt play with them.
and ofc its a suggestions thread and i guess every suggestion is welcome. and ur suggestion was good, but just a bit too late:-p
so keep on the thinking, thats what rogers needs, else he maybe gets out of work :-p

Fluffy

Dope_Man
30-07-2009, 11:37 AM
and btw about krone and kolda, they are friends of one of our member; don't say his name now. And he just pulled them over to DotArank, cause he knows them well and want to play with them in our community.

They are noobs I know, but let me ask one thing: Were YOU pro in the beginning?????

Evryone needs to learn DotA, just as evrything in Real Life you need to learn.
If you learn more and more, you get more experience, and people don't say: OMG NOOB.

DotArank is a friendly Gaming Community!
That means:
- Players of all grades of Skill can join DR
- there is a nice Atmosphere inhere, cause we (the Admins) take care of every single one of you

And if the Pros (SS/DPL/other Leagues) don't understand the basics of DotArank, they really should think about wether they are suitable for this community; or shall go back to some League.

However of course we gonna build up some Competitive Scene, but the main aim is to create a nice and friendly Gaming Community.

And if you stick to the rules and lower your claims you are going to have more fun than in evry other Community/League.

To sum it up:

DotArank is a COMMUNITY, not a League.

Shoot3r
30-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Yeah i played in that game with them too , can he atleast tell them something like buy chick buy wards , buy some hp regen like i told Psykeeper who was also new to the comunity , this problem would be solved if the inhouse games start

TyR)
31-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Freestyler, sorry but you really appear to be hopeless.
After many people posted now the basics of DotArank, being a community that allows ppl of ALL and we mean ALL skillgrade to play you come up with another post that picks once again on these two players.

Not only you defame two players in public but you also keep doing it when you should know better.

My personaly opinion is, that people like you will never get the simple equation: Manners > Skill at DotArank
My humble opinion.

And btw the inhouses are running all the time - its not my fault that you get banned from them for a lack of manners.

gude_laune
31-07-2009, 01:36 PM
If you really just play in order to have the most high skilled games possible and try to show off every game without caring for a nice athmosphere, why wouldn't you join like IHCS? Or is it you who lacks the skill in their eyes this time?

If you really want to play higher skilled games over here, there are two easy things to do:
-Try to improve the general skill level over here: We all know that there are some bad players who would never listen to somebody else, but there are also players who know they aren't the best yet but are eager to learn. If you think you're better then them and if you think you can handle to explain them stuff without losing your temper, why dont you just try to teach them something?
-Try to do something against the general bad opinion about you so someday you will be able to play inhouse games. Most people got to know you as an arogant guy who kept bragging about winning the tourney and the fact that you faked us with using a banned player didn't help your reputation either. Just try to show that your a nice guy though:)

So long

Shoot3r
31-07-2009, 06:04 PM
I know that i dont have a good respect here , cause i am arogant and acting like some kid , but if you could let me play in the DR inhouse my manners would be a lot better i supose cause i think the skill level is better there,and yes i try to teach them something but most of them just wont listen , example i picked enigma told her to go woods she bought 1 giant belt of strenght and no mana or hp regen i told her to buy some hp regen and he told me that he knows what is he doing in the third minute he died by the neutral creeps trying to farm them with his stun ...

@Tyr I never played in DR inhouse ,so i couldnt get banned from it , i would really apriciate a trial in the inhouse so you , admins , or anyoone who plays there can see that i wont flame,brag and other stuff...i just want to play some better quality games in DR ofcourse if that is possible

Regards,Freestyler.

TyR)
31-07-2009, 06:17 PM
For your information, any GM hosted game can be seen as an inhouse, "TyR RaGinG CM"'s atleast are definitely inhouses.

Reading what you wrote I'll will give you a chance for sure.
Have fun, see you next game
TyR)

Edit and PS: laune mentioned those guys who won't listen, just everyone has the feeling you also flame those who would listen (and I mean listen to friendly advices not flaming commands)

Shoot3r
31-07-2009, 06:50 PM
I played only 1 TyR RaGinG Cm game it was better thanks for understanding :)

RoS-G.Riblj4
23-09-2009, 04:59 PM
How to play in inhouse? How do i can prove my skills?Manners etc...

Sirian
23-09-2009, 06:23 PM
ih is something you need a certain lvl of skill/manners for whichc yo have to show constantly in public games. It is also somthing you get asked for, not the other way around.
gl with getting there!