PDA

View Full Version : Hero roles by FreeStyleR^

Shoot3r
01-08-2009, 06:01 PM
I write this for the newbie captains , i think this will be very helpfull for all players also , they will know what are they getting into when picking certain heroes.

* * * * * * * * Supporters: (This is a unique kind of heroes that do not need to farm , they often have some kind of healing , protecting spells , slows , auras.)

-Omniknight (He is a very usefull hero in any situation , has a very good heal , a repell wich is great for carrys and also a very good ulti.)

-Crystal Maiden (She is most common picked because of her aura and stun , she is most likely in a combo lane with a Juggernaut , Panda , Meepo etc.)

-Ezalor (Also like CM he has Chakra Magic which is also used with combos like Phantom Lancer , Bristkeback etc.Also he has a very good Mana leak it destroys all nukers like Zeus,Bane etc.)

-Slayer (Most likely as CM , she goes in combos with ranged stunners like Sven , Skeleton King , Sand king so she can place a good stun , after the stun she nukes a enemy with her ulti and the first skill.)

-Furion (He is a specific kind of a supporter , he often is in woods , and assisting ganks with his teleport , sprout and if used good with treants.)

-Ogre Magi (The second meele supporter next to the omni knight , he has a very good stun , slow combo usualy goes in lane with ranged carrys like Viper , Traxex.)

-Dazzle (Has a very good heal/damage skill , a very good slow and also Shallow Grave that is very good for saving teammates cause it has a big cast range 1000 at level 4 , and a ulti that should be used in every team fight gives armor and reduces armor to enemys.)

-Rhasta (A very good supporter cause of his 4,75 second disable , also he has hex , that makes him a very good disabler , and a good pusher thanks to his ulti.)

-Leshrac (Pretty much same as Slayer , he has a stun , and 3 awsome AoE nukes , he goes on a lane with a ranged stuner,also hes Diabolic Edict affects Buildings which makes him a good pusher.)

-Jakiro (He is used to gang , so he goes possibly solo mid , he doesnot spend much time on a lane , has a very good first skill that is a merge of a slow , damage over time and a good nuke , also has a pretty big AoE stun.)

-Witch Doctor (He is most common in a lane with a AoE stunner like Slardar , or a AoE slower like Pudge , has a crazy dmg skill Maledict which often steals kills ;(
also has a pretty good damage ulti.)

-Atrops (Nowdays he is used as a solo mid , more likely as a ganger than a supporter , but he can be seen on a lane with Axe , Slardar etc.)

-Dark Seer (Underastimated , not picked much , he works well with AoE stunners or slowers , hes ulti makes him a pretty good pusher and confuses the enemy.)

-Lion (Pretty much like Rhasta , has a stun , hex , and a very good nuke as a ulti , he never runes out of mana so he is very anoying on lane.)

-Lich (A mass slower , he never runs out of mana , also can assist in team battles hes ulti does massive damage.)

-Warlock (He has one of the best heals in the game , also can damage enemies but the damage sucks :S , also has a inferno , the largest AoE stun in the game , meybe Leviathan has larger , Infernal is pretty strong , commonly used for pushing , getting creeps out of the way for a easier push

-Venomancer (A specific agility supporter , has a very good slow which is a main reason why he is a supporter , also he doesent have the potenital to be a carry , so most of the time he is a ward bitch.)

* * * * * * * * Gangers (A big number of supporters is a pretty good ganger too , these heroes are mostly roaming.)

-Rexxar (One of the best gangers in the game due that he has all , damage , slow , stun , sight.Bird , if played good replaces wards so that means supporters do not give money on wards they can easly get supporter items.Rexxar needs to be played by a player who has a very good micro cause the main item is Necrominion.)

-Kunkka (A decent ganger , he's best skill is Torrent which is a 1,5 second stun and a good slow , if nicely combined with a ship the enemy in 90% dead also if he somehow survives there is the X skill that will stop pointless chasing.)

-Panda (A decent ganger with a 2 slows , i do not pick panda to be a ganger because he is a born tank/initiator but can be used for ganking purposes.)

-Earthshaker (Meybe one of the best early and mid game gangers due to his Fissure that if used properly can stun and block the enemy , also hes ultimate is a massive nuke that does loads of damage.)

-Sven (Before the 6.60 sven was conisdered as a semi-carry now he is most likely seen in a lane with Slayer , Leshrac etc. Now he has a AoE stun that does a massive 325 damage in a 250 AoE.)

-Tiny (In the early game meybe one of the most anoying heroes blinking , or comming out of the invis stunning and tossing you before you know what happened you are dead , Toss can be used with a lot of other heroes in a combo like a early game blink :).)

-Tauren Chieftain (A new hero , a very good ganger , and a very good stunner he can dmg opponents from a safe distance.)

-Alchemist (He has one of the best stuns in the game , 5 sec stun is just imba , also he can play a semi carry due to his ulti.)

-Bristleback (For Bristleback spaming spells is a must , he goes on a lane with Ezalor or CM to cover hes mana expenses also has a imba slow , and ulti that makes him a good semi-carry.)

-Clockwerk (Clock , is a awsome ganger , with his ministun , and Power cog he just pawns almost all inteligence heroes , also when he gets ulti he becomes even better , also is a anti hero to the channeling spells like Rhastas Shackles , Sand Kings Epicenter , Enigmas Black Hole etc.)

-Sand King (Nowdays he is used to gang early games with his combo stun + ulti , also it is great with other AoE disablers like Enigma and Rooftrellen.)

-Doom Bringer (Doom can be played as semi carry cause he has a very good farm due to his skill Devour , can be played also like a ganger and a disabler , his ulti is way to imba he does 40 damage over 12 secs on the first level , also he has a small cooldown on LVL?Death so that can be spammed.

-Pit lord (Also like Doom he can be played as a semi carry and as a ganger or also as a tank , he can farm much gold with his Firestorm , also he can gang with Pit Of Malice which is imba combo with Sand King.)

-Pudge (Pudge is a unique ganger , he can gang all by him self , hook + rot + dismember = dead carry or supporter , ofcourse on the early game :).)

-Slardar (He is played as a semi-carry or as the main carry now days but he has speed , he has a good AoE stun he has potential to be the ganger

-Dirge (An awsome ganger , he is a very good anti-push hero , Tomb is way imba early and midgame , also his heal is excelent too , but should not be maxed early game cause you wont get that much creeps i mean 25 creeps till the level 11 is too much , so 1 or lvl 2 should be good.)

-Mirana (Mirana is a skill required hero , arrow does a lot of dmg and has a big bad stun most of the time it is 3,4 secs if on a range of 1500 cause 3000 is luck or pure skill :) , she always go in a combo with some other "sure" stunner like Earthshaker or Sand King.)

-Gondar (He is know as the "pub hero" cause of his stealing capabilities shuriken FTW , but he is a pretty good ganger , track is a AoE spell and boosts all teammates move speed , also you get extra gold whoever kills the tracked one.)

-Razor (Former Razor didn't have to do anything with gangs , jsut pure farming , now since he has become more like a spellcaster than a carry , his ulti takes care of pawning enemies , and his static link is just to imba to be frogoten , now he is a decent ganger.)

-Vengful Spirit (One of the best gangers in the game , with a imba 10 sec cooldown stun and his ulti she becomes one of the most feared gangers in the game somone swaps you from your lane to Tinker means you are dead exept you have some ultra owner mega pwner skill , or just pure luck :).)

-Nerubian Assassin (For me NA is the best ganger in the game , he just hits u with his ulti , stun , mana burn , dagon you are dead , he can kill heroes all by himself , so when he is in the game everyone are afraid that he wont backstab them :).)

-Venomancer (He is a decent ganger with a good slow , good dmg from ulti , and all the way he cant kill skilled players alone.)

-Viper (He is a one of a kind carry/ganger due to his enormous atack speed he can be a carry , also his ulti is way too imba combined with Poison atack he is very very deadly.)

-Crystal Maiden (A very good ganger due to her disable , and 5 secs slow that makes her a very good ganger , but she becomes a big creep on the map in the late game.)

-Enchantress (Also a decent ganger due to a good slow and damag from impetus , she can also become carry late game.)

-Puck (One of my favourite gangers , he can be a good initator with Ilusiory orb , silences the enemys , and with his ulti keeps them in place.)

-Chen (He mostly goes to woods and comes with neutrals on his side with 4 seconds stuns and 32% slows , he just stuns and slows and lets the carry kill the enemy.)

-Zeus (He is the most powerful nuker in the game , he can do lots and lots of damage , his spells become carry due to static field he has , also he is very useful in team battles.)

-Slayer (She usually focuses the carry , becouse she has a big nuke for a ulti.)

-Windrunner (She has a great nuke , a long painful stun and also ulti is just wonderful when somone is stunned :).)

-Batrider (Batriders napalm , is one painful slow , and the damage from the Flamebreak is just painful if combined with Sticky napalm , also ulti is a great addiditon to the team.)

-Ogre Magi (Ogre is a very good stunner , and a good slower also can give support to his teammates by giving bloodloost wich is awsome.)

-Rhasta (As said rhasta has one of the best stuns in the game , a good hex , just what one ganger needs.)

-Tinker (With two powerfull nukes , and Laser deals pure damage he is just a great ganger , also a great pusher when he gets BoT.)

-Leshrac (Lesh has a good AoE stun , and good AoE nukes so that makes him a good ganer.)

-Jakiro (A good AoE stun , a good slow thats why he made it to the list ;).)

-Witch Doctor (With a stun that just is amazing , a maledict that deals double , triple damage and ulti that makes that damage , he is a good ganger.)

-Atrops* (As i said he is a ganger now , when he gets lvl 6 he just roames sides with a great stun , damage , he is a nightmare to every hero :).)

-Lion (Same as rhasta , a good stun , a good disable and a good nuke.)

-Enigma (Enigma can be used as a ganger too , a powerfull ulti , a awsome stun and a AoE spell that damages a good portion of tanks hp makes him a decent ganger.)

-Lich (A 325 damage nuke with a 9,25 cooldown and also it has a good slow and you cant run out of mana , and a ulti that just renders oponents with a good stunner.)

-Akasha (Last but not the least , she is a awsome ganger with a decent slow 2 big AoE nukes and a blink , seems none can get away of the pain :).)

* * * * * * * * Pushers (Heroes that mostly stay on the lane and push while the rest of the team dies :).)

-Pit Lord (With his Firestorm and Explusion he takes enormous amount of creeps.)

-Broodmother (A pretty great example , she should never be in teamfights , just push , you are faster in the web you have regen you have invisibilty why would you leave it :).)

-Ezalor (He is here just becouse of his iluminate and Chakra Magic , he should be with the team , but if it gets desperate he has potential to be a great pusher.)

-Tinker (With the march of the machines he becomes one of the best pushers in the game he can push 3 lanes with BoT.)

-Leshrac (A lot of AoE spells means pawning creeps :).)

* * * * * * * * Carrys/Semi-carrys (The heroes that rule the late game with ease , commonly they are agility heroes.)

-Kunkka (Kunkka is a multi-hero that is why he is picked/banned , he mostly goes solo lanes cause of the splash that Tidebriinger can give , if well farmed he can become a carry.)

-Panda (Not commonly picked Panda is more like a tank than a carry , but in a need he can also play as a semi-carry.)

-Sven (Sven can be used as a carry when he gets pumped up ;) , 150% bonus damage is pure carry damage :) , but he is rarely played like that he is most likely a semi-carry never a main carry.)

-Rooftrellen (Roof can become a carry if farmed enough , but he lost his reputation in cm , he is rarely picked or banned now , or when played he plays not as a carry , as a tank or a initoator and a supproter.)

-Bristleback (Usually played in a lane with some mana maker :) like ezalor he farms much and gets fat in the late game , he is a decent semi-carry.)

-Dragon Knight (When you see him in some skilled games , he breaths frost epicenters out of his mouth with BKB , armlet , BoT , radiance and all other luxury items , he can be used as a semi and a main carry.)

-Magnus (One of the best initators in the game can be played as a semi carry or even a main carry , if played as a carry he usually goes solo mid , with a couple of items he becomes a decent carry.)

-Huskar (Huskar one of the most anoying orb walkers in the early game , usually getting first bloods , if played well he can play the main or the semi carry.)

-Barathrum (Not comon to the cm mod , mostly played in pubs , also called the "one click hero" basicly your stun does the work you just watch the show.)

-Nessaj (With a awsome critical and an awsome speed and atack speed he can be a main carry , just he is not very popular betwen the captains.)

-N'aix (He is used against tanks , cause his damage and lifesteal are just adorable he gains the damage of the monster , and also just eats supporters , played as a main carry always.)

-Lycanthrope (One of the best meele junglers , usually farms in woods , his critical while in a Shapeshift is great* 30% crit , he also cannot be slowed wich is imba.)

* * * * * * * * Agility carrys (I wont discuss it i will just number them they all just have big big atack speed ;).)

-Magina

-Sniper

-Juggernaut

-Syllabear

-Luna

-Morphling

-Naga

-Phantom lancer

-Mirana (Can be a carry if farmed good items.)

-Rikimaru

-Troll

-Gondar

-Traxex

-Void

-Meepo

-Razor

-Medusa

-Lanya

-Ursa

-Bloodseeker

-Bone Fletcher

-Broodmother

-Nerubian Weaver

-Mortred

-Nevermore

-Terrorblade

-Spectre

-Viper

* * * * * * * * Inteligence carrys (Usually some that have potential , spells like Impetus for Enchanchtress or Zeus' static field.)

-Enchantress (Pawns with impetus late game also has a good shield for carrys 80% is much slowed atack speed.)

-Zeus (Very good with his Static field that destroys tanks late game.)

-Silencer (Same like ench has a good orb , and also he is protected from spell spaming.)

-Windrunner (She has a good potential with her ulti when pumped up with a lot of damage or armor reducing like Desolator she becomes a semi-carry.)

-Storm (Cause of his ulti the more mana you have , and you will have in the late game your ulti can do much more damage.)

-Tinker (Mass spaming lasers , rockets , hexes shivas , he can spam whatever is out there* :).)

-Necrolyte (He can become a walking fountain if he farms well , also can become unkillable with HoT 15x Bloodstone charges , Shiva , Hex and much more luxury items.)

Tanks/Initiator (They are mostly strenght heroes with a lot of hp , but some intelgence heroes like Necrolyte can also be a tank if farms well.)

-Kunkka (With a great big AoE shit he can be a good initiator.)

-Centaur (A great AoE stun , a good aura that protects him makes him a good tank and a initator.)

-Earthshaker (One of the best stunners in the game , also can do a lot of damage , with some tank like Axe , Centaur he can easliy kill the whole team.)

-Panda (A great tank due to his ulti pretty same like Leoric he has 2 lives :).)

-Tiny ( He has a early game nuke , also with blink and his size he can be a very good initiator.)

-Tauren Chieftain (He is a anti tank , with a great combo of a ultimate , Ancestal spirit and Echo Stomp that have a hell of a range , that makes him a one of a kind long ranged initator.)

-Rooftrellen (What to say a pretty good ulti :).)

-Magnus (With a hell of a 410 AoE , 4 seconds stun that brings everyone together makes him a ideal partner with Lich , Sand king and lots of other AoE casters.)

-Tidehunter (A bigest AoE stun in the game 1050 range is a big AoE also a great stun 2,5 on the 3 level makes him a great intiator , he is also a tank thanks to his kraken shell that is just adorable :).)

-Axe (Meybe the most popular , initator of the game , often going woods , farming Hood , blink , then helping in team battles with a great disable.)

-Leoric (With a ability to tank twice , he is a elite of tankers , hes only weak point is his mana.)

-Syllabear (Well he himself isnt a good tank , his bear takes all the damage , while he is pawning you with a 12392 atack speed from behind the bear :).)

-Krobelus (With a great health points for a lady :) , a great low cooldown nuke , and a awsome ultimate that crushes enemys like sticks she is a very good intiator.)

-Necrolyte (The last hero on the guide :) , but not the least , if farmed good , i mean Bloodstone,Shiva,Heart,Hex and some luxury items he becomes a great tank , almost like a walking fountain.)

The end i hope you liked it :)

Thanks to
Sir-Rogers for a great comunity.
My friends , team and clan mates who i play with.
Coca-Cola for not making me thirsty while i was writting this :)
Also all the noobs :) and newbies of DotArank who were my inspiration.
And me for writting my first guide.:)

LimitbreaKer
01-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Right, and Mirana, Zeus, and say, Tinker, are not gangers?...

Also Tinker is a very powerful mid-game and late-game pusher, this guy can push side lanes while enemy team is pushing middle, go back to his team, win the battle then still help pushing middle and sides!

Mirana - I don't like her much, since there's a little risk you WON'T hit with arrow, but if you do... Well, death.

And Zeus, this guy RAPES in a teamfight, with a good team - a mass AoE disabler like Enigma or Tidehunter - even casting a Bolt once, Arc 2-3 times and Wrath (a good idea is to not wait with it for running enemies) can do above 4k AoE damage with no problem.

Shoot3r
01-08-2009, 08:47 PM
I said i didnt finish them , now it is done just initiators/tanks and ofc carrys ;)

Psykeeeper
01-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Nice guide,helped me with some heroes ;D

Shoot3r
02-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Thank you , If i have the will i will work on some hero guides but i would be pleased if Rogers , or some other admin sticky the post i mean if Orb Walkin' is sticky this should be too.

PS:Rogers can you teach me how to change font and color of the text like your Apeal granted :S

fanboi
08-08-2009, 11:36 AM
zeus int carry ,lol

Cnacnel
08-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Krobelus, Rhasta, Pugna - aren't they the main pushers?

WalkingParadox
08-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Personally im not a huge fan of such strict roles. I feel any hero can "carry" as such, just through great gameplay and teamwork. Obviously I know that some heroes are better suited to support roles, and should generally fill that position, but they should be followed loosely to account for every possible situation that may arise in a game.

Individual playstyle can also be a large factor. Some players like to farm for certain items before they become more mobile around the map, some people like to go the bare minimum and be in the other team's face as much as they can.

My opinion is hugely biest towards the more active players, the one's who support and think, and sacrifice for the team. Farming is great, in Dota, but only because the items are so powerful. I dont feel like it's a useful skill to play every single game, you learn nothing from it, and it slows the gameplay down in an otherwise fast paced game. Most strictly PvP games require you to be actively involved to win, this is how I see Dota.